• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
**** sundays.

Seriously just do Saturdays. We're the ones who need to get better than Chris after all since hes so far ahead of us. It'd be better this way to not have him come :laugh:

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
I'd vote friday or saturday but if its during the week I could just come late, my classes go until 8:30 pm tues-thurs

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
Oh i figure we should let you guys know now, thinking of it. We kinda have a crazy *** dog here. Chris can fill you in.

COOPER

Smash Apprentice
CTB OFFICIAL MELEE WEEKLIES:

Are now on Saturdays at 5pm excluding the days Rob has tournaments.

We have 2 setups, more would be preferred, but that's on you guys.

Also, there will be smash here on Wednesday. All are welcome and there are 2 couches and a spare bed; we play pretty late.

Again, any questions or comments call me at (520)331-9362 or Jade (520)904-8341

EDIT: Sorry Chris, we know you need the practice but Tucson has spoken.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
^ Agreed. Should have watched our matches last night, all he did was SD and failed at finishing combos, like simple auto-combos like dthrow > knee and uair > uair > uair> knee.

What a newb.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
you guys should do friday when there is a tourney on saturday, to practice for it!

yeah yeah, but saturday should work most of the time

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
Piman- thats a good idea, itll just be a looong weekend of work for me haha,

Everyone posting about my dog- exactly

COOPER

Smash Apprentice
so a reminder, smash tonight, who's going?

and yeah rob i'll be there, are there gonna be pools?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'm against it, but I won't complain about it. I'm confident in my ability to consistently make it out of pools and do decently in bracket. I just personally feel our player-base isn't large enough to fully justify pools.

I also know several people who absolutely hate pools, and would rather just have only brackets.

The one thing I do like about pools is that because of it, I've gotten balanced brackets the last two tournaments in a row. No win a round, then auto-lose to sean and jeff, or some equivalent. I've been getting either a hard round 1, then run a train on losers, or win r1, lose r2, then work with a more difficult losers bracket, which imo is what my bracket SHOULD look like based on my current level of skill.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
There's definitely reasons to have pools, it's just sorta... time consuming.

As far as I know, pools are only really useful for seeding and elimination (I don't think it mathematically saves time at all, no matter what the circumstances). If I'm correct, then smaller locals generally do a bracket off the bat cuz they can seed like, 8 people and be done with it.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I like pools because you get to play more people, which makes that $5 worth it. Plus you get a chance to scout the competition and then bring it hard in bracket.

It's also better for seeding, which is why you have gotten balanced brackets at the last two tournaments.

The only drawback of pools is how long it takes, but honestly you should be happy to play like 3 more people as opposed to potentially getting only like 2 people in bracket if you lose in both winner's and loser's.

BTW....

I FINALLY GOT A JOB!! F*** YEAH!!!!!!!!!

w0000000000000000000000000000t!!!!

I will be working at Aeropostale, a clothing store at the Foothills Mall. A bunch of retail places are hiring for seasonal *cough* Xander *cough*

YAY!! <3

kid tipper

Smash Cadet
I support pools. Paying 5 dollars and then losing two bracket matches in a row and being done is very lame.

COOPER

Smash Apprentice
idk, i see both sides of it. personally, as a player not quite good enough to make it out of pools, it feels like it's not worth the money to just play my pool even though it would most likely end up being more matches than just going into brackets right away.

or maybe i should quit *****ing and just get better :)

Top Bottom