• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Yeah Ty you could make it to bracket I guess it just depends on how hard your pool is.

It's okay though cuz you're not too terribly far off from making it =P. Besides you can get a buncha friendlies in while you're there to help you improve.

And as Shiv always says "it's about the experience of being at all these tournaments together and having a great time" =D

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Ty, if you've stayed around the same relative level since the last time we played, or if you've gotten any better, I have no doubt in my mind that if you don't get a death pool, you'd be able to make it out of pools with Sheik.

Also it's awesome that you've started to play again. I'm just sad that your place is so **** far from mine. :(

COOPER

Smash Apprentice
straight Doc, bro. Or fox when i feel like it.

also, jade and I are setting up recording software so i can make a doc video, so stoked. What programs do you guys use to capture the video, we're a bit stumped :/

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
straight Doc, bro. Or fox when i feel like it.

also, jade and I are setting up recording software so i can make a doc video, so stoked. What programs do you guys use to capture the video, we're a bit stumped :/
If you don't feel like pirating software, you can use VirtualDub for recording. Otherwise, you could use Pinnacle Studio for recording + editing.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I have Pinnacle studio 12 yeah, it's actually pretty basic... I also have sony vegas studio 8.0... (mad complicated) but easy once figured out... I use a mixture of the two.. example... in shadowclaw IV many of the syncing was used... w/sony vegas... then some things i used from pinnacle and just combined the two... so yeah.. +)

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Sony Vegas is **** for doing abridged series and stuff that you might want to do with effects. Pinnacle Studio will work just fine for simple recording and rendering and overlaying an audio track with.

Also...Sony Vegas technically costs like $600 for the full package of the updated version (10).

COOPER

Smash Apprentice
haha i have no problem pirating, last night i torrented 2 versions of nero 8 and Pinnacle Studio 14, the problem is my mac doesnt recognize the dazzle usb. and all the video we have from the dazzle to jades pc using pinnacle or windows movie maker is hella choppy and grainy.

does no one else use a mac in the smash community?

also, does anyone think it's necessary for me to make a thread for the tucson melee weeklies?

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
^Probly not for the thread. I think everyone who would actually go to them checks the Tucson thread regularly so we don't need any further notice.

COOPER

Smash Apprentice

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I use Vista, IE, iTunes, and Norton.

You guys and your primitive Ubunto machines are simply trying to bluetooth me hardware, spyware, and Rareware. Why not just open up a warehouse and a mall and make some malware? The only reason there's no viruses for unix is because it's so easy and people want a challenge. Instead they try and do as much DPS per second as they can to Windows. If you like Macs so much, why not just make a bucket full of water and laptops and go bobbing for Apples? Keep in mind that Internet Explorer doesn't get tailspiked like your terrible firefox does.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Link #1 was personal bull****.

Link #2 provided irrelevant information, and at the end stated they were cheaper, which my link proved false. Mac is a trendy name-brand. PCs are built for function. Comparing the two is a moot point.

Link #3 was using data from 2004!.

Link #4 was just to reiterate the bull**** from the previous links.

Here are the things that ARE true about the mac:

They do have the "Ease of use" but it's only marginally easier than a windows OS, and dual-booting can be jarring for people without a well-written guide, or someone who knows what they're doing walking you through.

Macs do have good-quality software, but NONE of it is mac-specific. Any of the mac software you know and love runs flawlessly on Windows.

Macs parts are good quality, but as the link I provided earlier proves, they are ridiculously over priced in comparison to things of the same quality.

"Virus headaches" are only "Headaches" for the woefully inept. Just using FREEWARE software, it's possible to stop just about anything you're going to see. It only takes a moment of your time to deal with the rare occurrences that slip by virus software. This is mitigated further if you're behind a routers physical firewall.

"Boot times" are a thing of the past and mostly based on your hardware. The boot time for each individual OS is only marginally different.

All of the stuff about marketing, advertising, community, and trends has absolutely no relevance. When we're comparing mac to pc, we're talking about FUNCTIONALITY. Pcs have macs beaten in every RELEVANT department.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Mac gets bonus points for being trendy hipsters.

PC has always, and still wins when it comes to practicality.

Mac (apple) does put out great software, and peripherals though. The iPod, and the iPhone are awesome pieces of hardware, but again, they aren't personal computers, so they don't contribute to the argument.

Top Bottom