• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Try Hard 4: Live Free or Try Hard (December 1st) AZ (Last one)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
that's cuz tony didn't enter
trevyn left before singles
frosty couldn't get off work
duffy's glasses broke
and glich couldn't come

honestly, i don't know who's gonna be in the car, or how many carpools we'll have

jeff and i for sure

there are three more spots in his car
glich says he's going
glich says he's bringing his friend, error
frosty plans on going
but tony has priority

so we really can't say who is and is not going

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
we very very very very likely will not have a spot open

it's actually looking like we're gonna have to break some hearts regarding this carpool lol

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
actually... It's higher % i'll be showing to this actually..... I'm goin to request the day off today actually... if I do go however.. I will not be entering... I'll be commentating alongside Taj...:) I think that'd make me happy...

so might see you guys there

Light_

Smash Apprentice
This is why smashers suck. Rare is a smasher who owns a car that actually works. Meaning people who have cars are the transportation *****s. (mind you, I'm not speaking to anyone directly, but smash population in general.)

Jane

Smash Hero
i dont think its necessarily that smashers dont have cars. its that smashers dont wanna drive out of the city lol

AXE 09

Smash Master
This is why smashers suck. Rare is a smasher who owns a car that actually works. Meaning people who have cars are the transportation *****s. (mind you, I'm not speaking to anyone directly, but smash population in general.)
Yeah seriously! I'm tired of taking my car all the time. Only people like Light understand my pain :(

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I have a car.

I work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6BAttS6o-w

So I can't really drive far. My car could prolly handle a trip to PHX, but It can handle Tucson to SV fine.

BTW, I have a nickname here in SV,

I AM THE TRANSPORT.

More smashers need to have M-F 40 hr per week jobs, but that's not the smasher's problem, that the government, economy, and hiring parties.

P.S. Mr. 4th place, you owe me and tim 60 bucks a piece :D

Light_

Smash Apprentice
Haven't visited this thread in awhile. Yeah Axe, I hate always taking my car to everything but it's like I have no choice. lol

Also RubyIris got banned? o_O

whiplash

Smash Cadet
If this was next weekend I'd totally be able to go, well if some1 from phx would let me hitch a ride. =[

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Well my manager scheduled me on Saturday even though I requested it off ahead of time. So sorry I'll have to miss out again :(

I work 2-10 btw and have homework to do on Sunday so I won't be joining after work like I usually do.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
There are now two spots in Axe's car to this tournament.

My wallet, my stomach, and I are absolutely heartbroken to announce that Glich cannot go anymore, meaning his friend Error isn't coming either.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
There is a big chance I won't be able to make it to this tournament due to family obligations... :(

I will let you guys know for sure later.

<3

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
So, once again, a reminder. We will probably be doing a Swiss elimination at this tournament. I was wondering if you guys have anymore input on the matter. $3 entry fee? $5 entry fee? What do you guys think?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
So, once again, a reminder. We will probably be doing a Swiss elimination at this tournament. I was wondering if you guys have anymore input on the matter. $3 entry fee? $5 entry fee? What do you guys think?
why........?

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
^my thoughts exactly..... Regular bracket is fine... but you wanna try this?........ not really sure where you're going with this... or even why. Im sure brackets work just fine.....

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
$5 entry, swiss elimination 5 rounds, cut to a top 4 single-elimination bracket.

@Tim: Regular bracket really is VERY flawed. With double elimination, upsets can potentially end a better players run whilst with swiss, playing through all five rounds, the better player might lose a match to an upset, but has another four to prove himself the better, more consistent player.

with swiss, you don't have to worry about players like Ian out placing players like Jeff due to a stupid bracket.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
in the end.. it's up to you guys lol... idc what you do....im not entering so it doesn't bother me.... just...i guess im so used to..regular bracket......and it seemed everyone likes that way better.....

if it's what you all want, then by all means .. ;p

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
+1 Swiss
Closer to optimal solution
Better asymptotic behavior (converges faster)
School is killing me

Top Bottom