• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Try Hard 4: Live Free or Try Hard (December 1st) AZ (Last one)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Here's one flaw with swiss: The larger the tournament, the more inaccurate becomes. This doesn't start happening until you start getting MASSIVE turnouts. 1k-2k+ really skews results, and you get people who have no business being in top 8 sneaking in because they had a free ride.

It works pretty well up until then, though.

Also, this is mostly considering YGO, a game where in long rounds almost guarantees you're going to lose a game due to outside powers like bad draws. This doesn't really apply to Melee.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
That's what YGO does it for, too. they do swiss for x amount of rounds based off the amount of entrants, then break off into top x based off the number of entrants.

@Rob: I'll co-host.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
So, since Swiss is being asked for (for just pools I'm assuming) for Elvis' tournament, I propose that we use Swiss format for the next few monthlies.

Is there any good reason why we shouldn't?
This. Sorry Kyle, but I did say that I am considering Swiss for this tournament (NYTE) We will do a few trial runs of Swiss, and we will see how it works. :D

oksas

oak-sauce
team COLYFLWR will be making its second public appearance. we are fully prepared to get 8-stocked.

again.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
It should be, Tai.

OMG SO HYPED FOR THIS WEEKEND!!

Prepare to taste my Peach in a way you've never thought possible!!

<3

:peach:

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I haven't been to a tourney in forever but I'm gonna try to make it if I don't have work on Saturday. Anyone know roughly how long it takes to get there from Chandler?

Also, I heard a lot of smashers in tucson smoke so if someone could hook me up with like an eighth I'd appreciate it. It's been too long since I've smoked or smashed.

:phone:

Jane

Smash Hero
i just realized that barely any phoenix smashers smoke..

Meanwhile in tucson firefighters get called we chief so much.

Jane

Smash Hero
i will not be going to mt. lemmon. too much homework to be going off to a mountain for two days haha.

so yeah, i'll probably show up but not for the whole thang. i have homework i have to try and attend to. if you guys go to max's at any point though, totes let me know. :yeahboi:

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I might get here a lil late fyi. I'm at the McCarthys place so I need to go home and grab some things which may include me bringing my TV, I'll see. I just hate lugging it back home and etc. GameCube for sure though.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Okay nevermind looks like I probably won't even be making this one. I don't have money to enter anyways though so it's aight. See you guys next time.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I should be there by around 3:00-3:10 so if singles is starting around then could you put me in? I'm coming for sure and am mostly a scrub for seeding purposes.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
This tournament really showed me that I need to work on my mental endurance. I burn out way too quickly.

Case in point: Me vs Tai game 3, Me vs Kyle losers semis.

Back to the drawing board.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
good job Kyle <33 my favorite (and the only?) AZ Peach!

good **** Tai. you're not a kid anymore it's so weird huh?

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Singles:

1: Wobbles ($50.00)
2: Tai ($20.00)
3: Silly Kyle ($5.00)
4: Rubyiris
5: Falcoty
5: Okami
7: Frosty
7: Crea
9: Max
10: Dark Shifter
11: SA-X
12: Book
13: SuperNoko
14: Minnty
15: FTF

Doubles:

1: Happy Birthday Tai (Taj and Coty) ($36.00)
2: Yeah! Take it! (Kyle and Okami) ($12.00)
3: Sammers 2.0 (Tai and Wobbles)
4: Space Tech (Minnty and SA-X)
5: Xander and Co. (SuperNoko and Rubyiris)
6: Gimme Some Roy (Max and Rips)
7: Dark Frosti (DarkShifter and Frosti)
8: Colyflower (OKSASOGLU and Jem)
9: Moria Under a Bridge (Book and Raze)
10: Team Tetris (Why? and FTF)
11: The Razors (DA6D and Bimba)
12: Melee's a Fossil (WG and 420)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
SV, Jackie, Jane, Axe and Vincent all had work, or were otherwise busy. Rusty, and Stephen left for some party. Tommy, and Tony refused to enter, Spencer was poor/lazy, etc, Chris was in California.

I know Tucson would be more than happy to go to Phoenix, but you guys really are being unreasonable when it came to THIS turnout. It just so happens that for whatever reason, this ended up being the worst possible situation overall.

Top Bottom