• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Try Hard 4: Live Free or Try Hard (December 1st) AZ (Last one)

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
then who's going to host the next one? Now that summer is coming it makes it much easier for yuma to go

:phone:

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
then who's going to host the next one? Now that summer is coming it makes it much easier for yuma to go

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
we might be able to talk taj into hosting
or sean depending on how he's feeling about smash
or maybe dan if he's feeling awesome (?) <3

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Shiv, Spencer, and I are all capable and have the experience. Just because Rob won't be here does not mean we can't have tournaments. If people can start posting/texting me when they would be available, I'm sure we can work something out.

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
what's more central to yuma and flagstaff? personally i would prefer driving to phoenix lol

darkgirku

Smash Journeyman
from flagstaff or bullhead? lol

4 hours and 20 mins from BHC to phoenix

=D

plus i like arizona better

you know, living here n all
xD

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
i requested the 28th of work. If there's no tournament im going to phoenix anyways to play with u guys. hopefully if all turns out right ill take 3 other yuma people in my car. whiplash too depending if he stays in phoenix til then or comes back to yuma

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
so yeah, i'm actually down for just about anything minus going to socal. I start job corps monday but I do have saturdays off plus i have enough money for gas and ****.

make something happen

@Jeff:

Tucson can say that about phoenix. the tcg, brawl, and TFG crowds ALWAYS have to drive to phoenix/SV/socal. The melee crowd should have to drive to Tucson.

AXE 09

Smash Master
I'm talking about Melee, not tcg, brawl, tfg, or anything else.

Even if we include other communities, I think that tournaments should in multiple places where the community is active, and not only in one city. I think Melee tournies should be held in both Phx AND Tucson, and not only just Tucson. The last time we had a Phx tourney, the size was just as big as any Tucson monthly, and nobody from Tucson even showed up.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I'm talking about Melee, not tcg, brawl, tfg, or anything else.

Even if we include other communities, I think that tournaments should in multiple places where the community is active, and not only in one city. I think Melee tournies should be held in both Phx AND Tucson, and not only just Tucson. The last time we had a Phx tourney, the size was just as big as any Tucson monthly, and nobody from Tucson even showed up.
I'll have a car next semester and I approve of Jeff's message.

Note: This does not mean I will drive every time.

darkgirku

Smash Journeyman
Holy halibut
i just wanna plaaay melee
Going through melee withdrawals
Think ima vomit

lol but seriously, so what's up on the 28th? something? anything? any other dates?

I hate finals

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
@Jeff:

Tucson can say that about phoenix. the tcg, brawl, and TFG crowds ALWAYS have to drive to phoenix/SV/socal. The melee crowd should have to drive to Tucson.
Why should we make up for what another community does? Those communities should honestly return the favor too.

Last time we had a Phoenix tournament, it was a little over 20 people and not a single person from Tucson showed up.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Whatever happened to ignoring unintentional trolling?

Captain Falcon is my worst character :/ I'm training a secret character now.

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
aw dammit i wanted to get ***** by you axe lol. and the 28th is the only day i can go

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
LOL what horrible timing

i'm probably going to go out with my friends that day to celebrate graduation

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Why should we make up for what another community does? Those communities should honestly return the favor too.

Last time we had a Phoenix tournament, it was a little over 20 people and not a single person from Tucson showed up.
I think our things are more official for one. Even if we don't have technical "rights" to use the venue, we do it anyways and we know it's a staple venue, and it's(mostly) comfortable for everyone.

For another thing, Tucson is the best inbetween for Sierra Vista and Phoenix. Doesn't matter if most of them don't play now.

Anyways yeah it's true and Xander is right(partially). It should indeed be equal effort but smashers should really also stop being such cheap ****s. You guys ***** about the smallest extra amount added to anything besides what you're used to already paying and then over at AIAB there's a $10 venue fee plus the game fee and they don't complain for jack ****.

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
I agree with Spence that smashers are pretty cheap a lot of the time, but I also understand that very few of us possess the means to travel very far.

Also Phoenix is the super in-between place, if we consider Flagstaff :)

Light_

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I feel bad for the Flagstaff smashers as they constantly have to drive all the way down to Tucson. Tucson smashers need to travel to Phoenix more often. When I was there, tournaments in Phoenix rarely brought Tucson people and yet Phoenix constantly travels to Tucson. So not fair.

Light_

Smash Apprentice
Yeah... like I said, "when I was there" meaning when I was still living in Arizona.

Top Bottom