• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Try Hard 4: Live Free or Try Hard (December 1st) AZ (Last one)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
It's also probably because the Phoenix tournaments aren't Melee exclusive.
we're not even talking about darklink's tourneys. we're talking about the possibility for melee exclusives in phoenix like laguna matata.

there's definitely possibility for other tourneys in phoenix. for example, tony was PLANNING on hosting a tournament in early-mid january, but he held off on it partially because okami wanted to host. tony can host, sean can host (if he wanted to). laguna matata had more than 20 entrants, and tucson didn't even show up.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why you guys are arguing, Phoenix is fully capable of hosting and Tucson is clearly lazier and being selfish. There's no good reason to not host up there. Phoenix is the active hub of Arizona. If I hear johnning from you Tucsonans, fuuuck you. It really is stupid. It's only better for Tucson and all two of Sierra Vista.

:phone:

iFrostyy

Smash Cadet
Pppppppphoenix! But for real, Phoenix needs to host soon. Coty said he is down, Tempe is a great compromise imo. Tony hosting=hype.

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
Sweet, how about the Tucson guys?

If enough people from outside of Phoenix are down, I'll volunteer to host for sure.

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
Then how about the 25th? It's sadly the only day available in June for me lol, plus it gives everybody time to make up the appropriate johns ;)

Hopefully we can get showings from Tucson, Yuma, AND Flagstaff

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Then how about the 25th? It's sadly the only day available in June for me lol, plus it gives everybody time to make up the appropriate johns ;)

Hopefully we can get showings from Tucson, Yuma, AND Flagstaff
I won't be able to make it. I don't want to drive 6 1/2 hours. :(

If I did go and happened to have housing, then I'd probably try and bring 4 California people though.

iFrostyy

Smash Cadet
Aren't we going to start having them in Tempe now? Or at least somewhere halfway between both Phoenix and Tuscon?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i'm fine with the tourneys being in tucson, but tucson should stop being selfish and adamant about hosting the tournaments in tucson.

phoenix usually rolls like, 8-10 deep to tucson tournaments, and the last time we held a tournament in phoenix, we hit ~25 people without a SINGLE ONE OF YOU GUYS COMING.

there are venues in phoenix, and imo, they're better than the TV lounge (i personally do and always have hated the UA tv lounge). phoenix can use the gamer's inn over in mesa as a free venue if we ever cared enough to get the ball rolling; we could host house tournaments at tony's; and if coty gets a smash club running at ASU; we'll be getting super good venues for free/cheap.

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
So, since Swiss is being asked for (for just pools I'm assuming) for Elvis' tournament, I propose that we use Swiss format for the next few monthlies.

Is there any good reason why we shouldn't?

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I don't like Swiss. I say we stick to pools.

Last time we did Swiss, I did rapetastic overall, but my wins over other people didn't count as much and even though I had a score that tied with other top players, I was seeded lower.

Pools!! In preparation for NYTE!!!

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I don't like Swiss. I say we stick to pools.

Last time we did Swiss, I did rapetastic overall, but my wins over other people didn't count as much and even though I had a score that tied with other top players, I was seeded lower.

Pools!! In preparation for NYTE!!!
Your swiss bracket was extremely easy, and many of the people you played were mediocre/average. The other 4-1s had harder people.

Just because you're the only one who had this happen doesn't change the fact that it's better for everyone else as a whole. If the tournament was a little larger and we had more, better people, you wouldn't be complaining because you would be playing better people more often.

Also with the seeding, you were placed below people better than you in the first place, and you're COMPLAINING? You're full of yourself.

Top Bottom