• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trust your instincts ~ Match-Up Index

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
The Fox Matchup-Up Index

Match-Up Ratios By the BBR

:fox:
-3: :popo: :pikachu2: :sheilda: :sheik:
-1: :metaknight: :diddy: :wario: :marth: :olimar: :kirby2: :pit:
0: :snake: :falco: :gw: :zerosuitsamus: :toonlink: :peach: :wolf: :ness2:
1: :dedede: :lucario: :dk2: :luigi2: :sonic: :ike: :lucas: :mario2: :falcon: :samus2:
2: :rob: :pt: :yoshi2: :bowser2: :jigglypuff: :zelda:
3: :link2: :ganondorf:

General Match-Up Discussion

Character-Specific Match-Up Discussion Exports

NOTE: Click a character's icon to go to their respective thread!

S Tier

A Tier

B Tier

C Tier

D Tier

E Tier

F Tier

G(anon) Tier

LEGEND:
0% - No Match-Up Export available yet (see General Discussion for a bit more info)
25% - Export Available, Discussion in Progress
50% - Temporary Ratio Complete, In-Detail Discussion in Progress
75% - In-Detail Discussion Complete, Creating Summary
100% - Match-Up Complete!

____________________________​

Update Summary
08/13/09: Match-Up Index created; started Discussions for Meta Knight and Snake.
08/14/09: Added Praxis' Guide to Match-Up ratios.
08/20/09: In-Depth Discussions for Snake and Meta Knight started.
08/30/09: Summary for Snake started, Discussion for Meta Knight extended, Discussion for Diddy started.
09/03/09: Summary for Meta Knight started, Discussion for Falco started.
10/16/09: Summary for Diddy and Falco started, Discussion for Marth and Ice Climbers started.
03/05/10: Updated the Index with the new discussions created by Zephil and Code Lyon (Game & Watch, Wario, Zero Suit Samus, Ike and Pikachu).
03/06/10: Discussion for Dedede added.
03/11/10: Discussion for Olimar added.
04/10/10: Discussion for R.O.B. added. Updated the status of several characters (Meta Knight, Falco, Dedede, Donkey Kong, Ike)
04/11/10: Discussion for Samus, Lucario, Pit and Toon Link added.
05/26/10: Discussion for Sonic added.

____________________________​

Old Match-Up Exports run by Xiivi
Pikachu
Meta Knight
Zero Suit Samus
Snake
Luigi
Mr. Game & Watch
Diddy Kong
Wario
King Dedede

SCOTU

Smash Hero
well, I essentially Murdered this thread on accident while trying to fix it. It's better now though.

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
Wow this is great! I can't wait to start using it. The old one kind of died and we needed a new updated one. I'm really excited about this.

M@v

Subarashii!
yay a matchup thread again.

I gotta get my guide updated so it looks like the fox boards are all special. lolz.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
I got to say, this is the nicest looking match up thread. Hope it doesn't die or anything.

Fox = MK, match up wise. Nice to know.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
excuse us please, we should have posted this in the general MU discussion^^

Darth Destro

Smash Cadet
Hello, Fox Brawlers! I have recently started a thread about different pairings for Toon Link in Team Brawls, and I would greatly appreciate some input on a TL + Fox match. You can find the thread here. Any info would be tremendously helpful.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
I needed the match ups on the S-tier, thanks, gives me something to read while playing poker.
Yes, let us do all your work for you. You're welcome. We're here for your every wish and bid. Obviously.

McCloud Master

Smash Rookie
Really enjoyed this thread. Details on each character vs. Fox is quite accurate to say the least.

But when I went too links about the other characters... some information looked like it was not there. Not sure what happened there, maybe someone forgot. But anyway, nice job with this thread. :)

ThePointingMan

Smash Rookie
A Fox vs pikachew is dumb, if pikachew grabs you just once, he can get it all the way from 0 to a little more then 100% where the only way for you to get out, is if he messes up.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Really enjoyed this thread. Details on each character vs. Fox is quite accurate to say the least.

But when I went too links about the other characters... some information looked like it was not there. Not sure what happened there, maybe someone forgot. But anyway, nice job with this thread. :)
That's because these matchups haven't been discussed yet...? o.ô

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
HAHA SUMMARIES! Those Match-ups haven't been active since like 2 months and summaries were over-due a looooonng time ago. I still say give Knux the stuff so he can do the summaries >.<

Lightning93

Smash Champion
We usually run into a lot of the same problems with MU discussion.

1. Trying to convince people that Fox's recovery does not suck. Rising Fair is more than reliable enough.
2. Lasers, although they do not stun, usually force an approach.
3. Fox's spacing options aren't horrible, his quick movement and Auto canceled aerials are enough to generally keep him out of his opponent's range, while being able to punish the opponent if he approaches.
4. Upsmash is not Fox's only reliable kill move (although it is his best imo).

Zephil

Smash Ace
but is true what thesoviet says... we need to focused in matchups because the general ideas you just stated work in different ways... for example I am an expert in the G&W matchup as I always play with one of the best G&Ws named Kewl and I can tell you that there are certain things you need to know about that matchup. Maybe I will create some MU threads to discuss

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
but is true what thesoviet says... we need to focused in matchups because the general ideas you just stated work in different ways... for example I am an expert in the G&W matchup as I always play with one of the best G&Ws named Kewl and I can tell you that there are certain things you need to know about that matchup. Maybe I will create some MU threads to discuss
We usually run into a lot of the same problems with MU discussion.

1. Trying to convince people that Fox's recovery does not suck. Rising Fair is more than reliable enough.
2. Lasers, although they do not stun, usually force an approach.
3. Fox's spacing options aren't horrible, his quick movement and Auto canceled aerials are enough to generally keep him out of his opponent's range, while being able to punish the opponent if he approaches.
4. Upsmash is not Fox's only reliable kill move (although it is his best imo).
I know fox matchup pretty well as GaW, but I also play a little bit of fox. And I think fox's recovery isnt bad, but its not good. Either way you guys should get working on those MU's. I feel bad for fox players. Thats probobly why you dont see very many around.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Possibly, but I also know a lot of people won't play Fox because of Pikachu and Shiek, while in all honesty there aren't enough skilled ones present in tournaments that give Fox that disadvantage.

I mean, F-tilt is a highly anticipated move, really only used for punishes, and if I'm camping and always moving in and out of your range, it's not as easy to land as you'd think. Pika has a pretty small grab range too so...

Anyways, I think we're still waiting on summaries, but if Onishiba were to get those finished somehow (even if someone else finishes them), and were to start new topics, I'd be cool with that.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I already mentioned numerous times that I would appreciate someone else taking over the matchup descriptions simply because I'm nowhere near reliable enough to judge all matchups properly and filter out the good and bad information from the respective threads.

The threads I can open, that's no problem at all.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I can transfer ownership of the thread if anyone needs me to.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
No, that's not necessary. I can still update it.

Why do you guys think I don't want to help you out and keep this thread updated just because I say "I don't think I know enough to make good summaries"? That's honest and you should be at least relieved that I don't just go ahead and do the texts and end up doing some BS.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Protip: Fox boards are lazy. We appreciate the help; it's just that we're lazy *******s. Try talking to TKD?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Zhamy's honesty is amazing, and just like mine. :D
I love you, Zhamy. No homo, unless you want homo from me. <3

Good idea, I'll ask TKD.

Top Bottom