• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trust your instincts ~ Match-Up Index

Code Lyon

Smash Journeyman
but is true what thesoviet says... we need to focused in matchups because the general ideas you just stated work in different ways... for example I am an expert in the G&W matchup as I always play with one of the best G&Ws named Kewl and I can tell you that there are certain things you need to know about that matchup. Maybe I will create some MU threads to discuss
Possibly, but I also know a lot of people won't play Fox because of Pikachu and Shiek, while in all honesty there aren't enough skilled ones present in tournaments that give Fox that disadvantage.

I mean, F-tilt is a highly anticipated move, really only used for punishes, and if I'm camping and always moving in and out of your range, it's not as easy to land as you'd think. Pika has a pretty small grab range too so...

Anyways, I think we're still waiting on summaries, but if Onishiba were to get those finished somehow (even if someone else finishes them), and were to start new topics, I'd be cool with that.
I have made new threads and NO ONE has posted in them.

Can someone else take over this? We fox mains need to take action on our boards. Imo we're kinda lazy lol.
Oni is active enough no reason to hand it over, he just needs some one to write uo summaries like I said back in January and he'll update this thread. It's all good.

M@v

Subarashii!
would, but i never have time anymore to write stuff.

I seriously need to set a day aside every week, for a couple hours, and label it "Smashboards write-ups" on my schedule.

btw, I approve of the Q avatar. I am a TNG trekky xD

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
EDIT: Putting this at the beginning because maybe otherwise noone sees it below the huge red letters:
I have updated the OP. I will update the chart in the next few days. Stay tuned.

I'll requote this because nobody reads it despite having huge red letters.

NOTE: If your character board is discussing the matchup with Fox, please post your request for Fox players to join your discussion through the General Match-Up Discussion and NOT HERE. Thank you very much!

Code Lyon

Smash Journeyman
Ike's verdict is up. Gonna do summary and stuff later. Also DDD and DK are in closing stages. Idk about Wario.... and Oli is just dead.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Guys, he's obviously unfamiliar with the way things work around here, take it easy lol XD.

Instead of questioning him how about tell him this?:

Hello RizK, welcome to the Fox boards. We appreciate your enthusiasm to further your knowledge in Fox's match-ups, but unfortunately this is a work in progress. All character boards work collaboratively when discussing ratio's and strategies, so there's no need to worry over lack of workforce. It can take a lot of time to get this information confirmed and agreed upon, so just please have patience. If you feel the need to learn as much as you can, the discussion threads linking to each character specific match-up are great sources of information. It will take some time, but please read through all of the discussion, or else you will miss vital points or risk being misinformed. It will take some time to be able to contribute yourself, but in the meantime observe how other efficient posters word their arguments in respectful, factual based examples. Thank you for your time, and enjoy your stay.

Zephil

Smash Ace
Ok time to change that color to your name Light to red... I feel like we have a cool mod on KJ and a great assistant on Light

Rizk18

Smash Lord
hey thanks alot lightning,yea i didnt know more then 1 person helps out lol :p , i do now,and yeah no rush man,take ur time.because the more time u take,the more accuarte the forum is and the better help we fox mains get,thnks:)

Iamagundam

Smash Rookie
Can somebody explain how it works? I'm really not sure what I'm reading...

match-up wise. who do I know Fox can go up against etc?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
hey guys, I think I found a thread that died before it even began? :(

Lightning93

Smash Champion
We've already finished most MU's extensively in the past. However, those are outdated.

No one really wants to go through all that again except for some of the newer players. I assume that doesn't give us the right to just stall this thing out, but a lot of us just lost our gusto for this kind of discussion, sorry to inform you...

Zhamy

Smash Champion
tl;dr We're tired of arguing to people why Fox does well in X matchup when they don't know how Fox works. There's not many good Fox players, and people don't seem to listen to the ones who are good (except for TKD, but TKD is godlike or something).

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yoshis are discussing the Yoshi v. Fox mu, go here, blah blah blah, you get it...

Btw, you're general mu discussion is locked so that's why it's here.

Kuares

Pizza
I know sheik is a dumb matchup but other than switching chars, is the general strategy for Fox to camp and stay in the air?

iamjason8

Smash Journeyman
I haven't played the Sheik MU either and even though I'd ALWAYS switch, still interesting to know..

:p

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Kk because 4 people are discussing yoshi,kirby,wolf,and lucarios. So the Lucario thread should be updated. Along with opening the thread for Kirby, Wolf, and Yoshi.

Top Bottom