• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Truly Unique

Uffe

Smash Hero
Sorry, but it's a windbox. A windbox resets momentum of a character affected by it and then it adds a push after it cancels their momentum. The effect on those stages is just lowered gravity, they dont actually push you up.

Thanks for playing.
Wouldn't Ness' PSI Magnet be considered one, then? I'm not sure about G&W's uair setting off something like Marth's Counter, but I know Ness' PSI Magnet can.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I'm fairly sure Ness' PSI magnet has a windbox, but I'm unsure how windboxes in general affect Marth's counter. I haven't run into Uairing a countering Marth as G&W in recent memory.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
:diddy: -Only charcter with a built in footstool. >B in the air.
wrong, ZSS can footstool out of her down B by holding up

:snake:- Dsmash is the only smash that remains out until something or someone hits it.
Snake's down smash disappears after like 25 seconds

his upsmash is also the only projectile smash attack

Metaknight is the only character whose B moves all act as a recovery.
ZSS down B

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Except ZSS neutral B can't act as a recovery really, unless you want to count it as something that "aids" it.

Oh:
Zelda: The only neutral B where knockback direction is directly affected by which direction she's facing (if she faces left from naryu's, the opponent will go left, and vice versa).
Oh and Pit: The only reflector capable of being angled via tilting (his downB). Or the only character with two specials that act as reflectors.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Zero Suit Samus is the only character with two tether recovery options (Up + B; Forward + B).

While a few have said Samus has a one-sided transformation, what was not mentioned is that Samus is the only character who uses the D-pad to transform.

metaknave

Smash Apprentice
I hope this hasn't been said, but Charizard has the only aerial attack that has no knockback (fair). GaW's uair does have knockback, but his opponent has to touch GaW's mouth/trumpet

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
His Fair has knockback if you're close to him.

Technologikall

Smash Apprentice
Another for Olimar- only character to have a darkness element pummel (white pikmin)
Incorrect. Olimar does not know any Darkness type move.

Maybe this has been said already, but Ganondorf is the only one that can use Dark type moves without the help of Items. And I believe that Ivysaur is the only one that can use Grass type moves at all.

Technologikall

Smash Apprentice
Wut. Grab someone with a white pikmin and pummel or use side B with one. Or up-B.
Ah. =/

But I remember reading somewhere that Ganon and Giga Bowser are the only ones with Dark Type moves in Brawl.... And I think that the white Pikmin are poison Pikmins.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Falcon- Only character to have two taunts for a single input (Down Taunt facing left or right)?
Actually, many characters actually have two taunts. You ever notice how some characters (like Wario) always face the screen when performing a taunt? They're turning right/left for those and thus technically have separate taunts, too. Falcon's is the only one that actually has a visual difference though, as well as frame difference. (Falcon's left dtaunt ends sooner, before the audio finishes, actually.)

So this is technically right and wrong. It may as well be right though. <<

Bowser- Only character who's dash is lower than their duck/crawl (yoshi?)
-Only character to shake the screen upon HeavyLanding (DeDeDe?)
Sadly, DK and DDD both also shake the screen on HeavyLanding. HOWEVER, Bowser is the only character who even has a screenshake on LightLanding!

Actually, to extend that, I'm looking at Bowser in PSA right now to check for the "Screenshake" parameter. Bowser has screenshake on... fsmash, usmash, dsmash, SideB landing, Down B landing, heavy landing, light landing, fallspecial(Up B) landing, nair landing, fair landing, bair landing, uair landing, dair landing, forward throw, back throw, down throw, up throw (multiple screenshakes), and DASH ATTACK.

For heaven's sake, Bowser has Screenshake on his DASH ATTACK. Bowser simply cannot land at any point without ever shaking the screen, even if it's a part of his attack animation. In fact, there is technically only one fighter in Brawl who has more screenshakes than Bowser. Would you like to know who it is? It's Giga Bowser, by a single animation. Bowser doesn't shake the screen while walking.

Pit- Only character with a side B that can be held out forever
I've heard SideB actually only lasts 10 seconds at the max.

Metaknight- Only character with transcendental properties on physical attacks
Actually, there are some other characters who have this. Lucario is the most notable. Aura has "transcendent" priority as well, but his hitboxes on his body can clank, so he's technically the only character with both "transcendent" and "regular" properties on all of his ground moves.

DeDeDe- Only character that requires an additional input to grab the ledge out of up-B
Actually, Peach can't grab the ledge backwards without pressing down to cancel the float, but this is generally true for ledgegrabbing from the front.

Fox- Only character who was "decloned" from their Melee counterpart's clone, so to say (New bair, while Falco kept the old one)
So true, so sad, lol. Technically it happened twice, too! Falco got Fox's old lasers from 64, as well, along with now having greater distance on Phantasm than Fox's Illusion, which is the opposite of Melee... (Fox had much better distance than Falco.)

Wolf- Only character that has a projectile attack that also functions as a physical one (Melee Ice Climbers could be spoken for as well)
Technically... Aura Sphere? Nah, I guess this is technically true... >>

Squirtle- Only character with water element hurtboxes (cause extra damage to Charizard)
*hitboxes
Sorry, this is just me being a grammar nazi. <<

Game and watch- Only character that can unstale moves without hitting anything (uair always acts to unstale no matter what)
Actually, this isn't true, but it probably might as well be. Game and Watch's uair is a regular hitbox with a wind parameter and 0 damage, like most wind attacks. It's just really big, so whenever it hits something, it refreshes your moves, and because of its absurd size, it usually hits something, so it refreshes your moves. It won't ALWAYS unstale your moves, as far as I know...

Kink-Link is smart. I like him. =D

You mean besides making the mortar go *thunk* *5 seconds later* *Boom!* fully charged as compared to *thunk* *1 second later* *boom!*?
Whoopsie, I read that as down smash.

Anyways, my contribution...

Bowser- Has by far the most screen shakes of any character (This superlative is big enough to be worth mentioning. ). See above for the full list.

Captain Falcon- The only character with a cinematic Final Smash. (Why hasn't this been mentioned?)
-The only character with an attack that can cause knockback, but will teleport the opponent back to their original location for a real attack, meaning Falcon is the only character with a true "Fake Attack." The first hit will send them to the cinematic scene, and the second hit will actually launch them. I don't believe the first "fake hit" will KO.
-The only character with his sort of SideB trigger. (I don't know how to explain it, but his SideB is definitely special. It'll even activate if it won't hit something)

Diddy Kong-The only character able to generate items with a non-Down Special input. (peanuts)
-The only character able to generate containers with all items off and set to none(peanuts hold healing peanuts)
-The only character able to generate healing items (peanuts)

Donkey Kong- The only character with a special completely devoted to a "quake" attack.
-The only character able to charge up a special facing one way, then release the attack in the opposite direction directly out of the charge.

Falco- Only character who speaks in full, complete sentences in all 3 taunts.
-Only character whose own attack can be "kicked" back to them.

Fox -Only character whose win-screen animation/phrases will change depending on more than one opponent (Falco and Wolf).

Game and Watch- only non-home run bat attack with the SCHREEEN sound that sends people sideways. (9 hammer. Rest and Shoryuken send straight up.)

Ganondorf - Only character who was coded wrong. Fair is supposed to autocancel faster than Nair, with the same IASA as Nair, allowing possibly FHFF Fairs to be lagless, and double jumps out of FHFair, but they used the wrong flag(Synchronous instead of Asynchronous), so now Fair has neither autocancel nor IASA. ._.

Ice Climbers- Only character whose tether recovery special works as a normal recovery special when not tethering the edge. (Melee Belay if it can't tether)

Ike- He looks like Domon Kasshu from G Gundam in his "soldier" alternate costume (last on the right.).
-His brawl appearance shouldn't be able to exist. He couldn't weild Ragnell in his "ranger" class (His brawl appearance), and wasn't able to use it until he upgraded to his [url=http://www.feplanet.net/media/sprites/9/character/body/ally/ike.png]"Lord" class.
(which doesn't even have an alternate costume resembling it)

Jigglypuff- Only SSB64 veteran without any visual moveset alterations whatsoever since SSB64. (All her moves all have the same animations. Everyone else has had at least one move modified visually or replaced.)

King Dedede- Does not have an attack resembling his classic "hammer smash" animation of any of his Kirby games. In fact, his Fsmash doesn't even really resemble any attack he's ever had. (Can't think of anything, really)

Kirby- Only character unable to grab the ledge backwards during his up special (Has anyone said this?)

Link- Only character whose projectile has wind properties?

Lucario- Only character with a projectile out for a single frame, making it unreflectable.

More later.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Hurtbox is a classification of hitbox, iirc. Mario has water hitboxes on fludd, but they aren't hurtboxes.

Diddy Kong-The only character able to generate items with a non-Down Special input. (peanuts)
-The only character able to generate containers with all items off and set to none(peanuts hold healing peanuts)
-The only character able to generate healing items (peanuts)
1- Snake? Also kirby after inhaling Diddy or Snake-
O shi- Kirby negates any "only standard B move that..." unique traits
3- Judgement 7

On a related note, I have never seen a healing peanut appear outside of Diddy's final smash

Blackrider213

Smash Apprentice
ZSS down B
I was wrong anyways, with Sonic being the other character besides Metaknight. However, you are also incorrect. ZSS' neutral B does not aid her recovery. I originally said all B moves. The only characters are Metaknight and Sonic.

Technically, Peach can grab the ledge during her Up B, only if she cancels it. To expand on Kitermerby's post, Kirby is unique that he is the only character that can't grab the ledge backward while using his Up B. Why? He can't cancel his Up B, while others like Peach and Dedede can. Thus he is unique. However, there must be a better way to make the actual statement regarding Kirby's Up B.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Technically, Peach can grab the ledge during her Up B, only if she cancels it. To expand on Kitermerby's post, Kirby is unique that he is the only character that can't grab the ledge backward while using his Up B. Why? He can't cancel his Up B, while others like Peach and Dedede can. Thus he is unique. However, there must be a better way to make the actual statement regarding Kirby's Up B.
"Kirby can not grab the ledge backwards from up-B" is perfectly fine as a statement as every other character can do so.

Also I still stand by "Dedede is the only character that MUST cancel up-B to grab the ledge." Peach doesn't need to cancel it if she uses it forward.

Blackrider213

Smash Apprentice
"Kirby can not grab the ledge backwards from up-B" is perfectly fine as a statement as every other character can do so.
Well, the thing is that both Peach and Dedede cannot grab the ledge backwards while performing their Up Bs. The only way they can is by cancelling their Up Bs. Perhaps the best way to make the Kirby statement true is by saying: "Kirby cannot grab the ledge backwards from Up B due to the fact that he can't cancel his Up B, unlike the fact that other characters can and sometimes must cancel their Up Bs to grab the ledge backward."

This is not the most concise answer, but hopefully it's the most accurate so far.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Well, the thing is that both Peach and Dedede cannot grab the ledge backwards while performing their Up Bs. The only way they can is by cancelling their Up Bs.
Their up-B is still in use though. Their actions are a direct result of using up-B and are thus a part of the move itself, in the same way that Marth's third hit meteor of side-B is a part of Marth's side-B. DeDeDe's and Peach's FallSpecial are a part of their up-Bs.

Wario is the only character with a move that functions both as an approach attack and an item summon.

Can Diddy's barrels be reflected?

BSP

Smash Legend
g and w is the only character who doesnt move while charging a smash.

Isn't MK the only one who can use all B moves to recover? if not, they all put him in helpless, I know that isnt shared with anyone else.

I can't think of anything else atm.

wait, Ike: only character that has a non-tether recovery that can fail to grab the edge after 5 repeated uses without touching solid ground.( wolf can miss too, but he can still recover, whereas Ike cant)

Pit is the only character that can't use up B again after flinching while using it. Pit's also the only character with two reflectors.

Blackrider213

Smash Apprentice
I would have to agree that Jigglypuff's Up B extends ledge-grab range, but I'm not positive about moving her up slightly. I guess the way to test this is by using all the jumps, wait until it's clear Jigglypuff is falling, and then use Up B.
Just tested Jigglypuff's Up B. Turns out she does not move upward when she uses her Up B when all jumps have been used up. The only explanation I would have about her moving up while using Up B is when Up B is used while she still has a jump. Basically inputting an Up B right after a jump is finished. This gives the impression that she moved upward.

I also tested to see if Jigglypuff's Up B extends grab range, but I got the impression that it doesn't, based on my testing. However, it's not a rigorous test. I tried to do a really good eyeball of how close Jigglypuff grabs the ledge without using Up B and when using it. It looked the same for me. If she is facing away and uses Up B, the range for grabbing the ledge is shorter than when facing the ledge and using Up B. I would need someone else to verify this for me though.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I hope this hasn't been said, but Charizard has the only aerial attack that has no knockback (fair). GaW's uair does have knockback, but his opponent has to touch GaW's mouth/trumpet
It hasnt been said because it is wrong. Hit with the closest part opposed to the tip on Zard's Fair and you have knockback dawg.

g and w is the only character who doesnt move while charging a smash.
Said twice in this thread and it's still not true.

Will the OP be updated?
And on that note, Luigi doesn't have an increased probability of tripping. I have seen no evidence for this claim anywhere.

metaknave

Smash Apprentice
Do'h! I can't believe I forgot that, and I use Zard a lot. :(

Ike is the only weapon carrying character who throws his main weapon (Ragnell) into the air for an attack. I'm pretty sure Link, Tlink, DDD, IC, MK, Marth, Pit, etc. don't. ZSS only throws her gun for a taunt.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
On a related note, I have never seen a healing peanut appear outside of Diddy's final smash
You're a worthy adversary, sir.

Also, smack a peanut when it's flying, or throw it at something. Occasionally, two small healing peanuts will pop out. They only appear if the peanut was attacked or smashed, not if it hits an opponent.

Said twice in this thread and it's still not true.
Who else does not move during the charge animation?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Sonic is the only person whose Up-B leaves a spring/bouncy item on the ground for others to jump on and bounce up. :3

Captain Falcon is the only character with a cinematic Final Smash. It even has properties treating it like a stage that will change how it looks if you slow down the stages :3

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Updated a bit of stuff will do the rest later today.

Also if i think something is a little to specific, like saying this is the only side B to do this, i won't add it unless that trait is unique to all moves. I.E someone said pits side B is the only move to be held out forever. I think the side B part is a little specific, because moves like aura sphere and jet hammer, and eruption all can be held out forever. So i won't include that.

Also if i think of somthing that counters what someone said i won't put it on. I don't want to post a reply to everyone i find is wrong.

Moozle

Smash Champion
What did you mean by charizard's attacks changing colors? Also, maybe put something about how much luigi slides?

Top Bottom