• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Truly Unique

Blackrider213

Smash Apprentice
That wasn't one of my unique traits ideas. It was merely to go along with my Ike throwing Ragnell thing. Sorry if that was confusing.
I'm not sure if I interpreted this right, but wasn't Dryn saying the ZSS isn't the only character to throw her gun in the air while using a taunt? He mentioned Fox because he throws his gun while taunting as well.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Unless I am unaware of other attacks that have a homing effect, I'd say Samus is the only one with a special (Forward + B) that targets her opponents.

highfive

Smash Lord
I want to say that Wolf's dash attack is the only dash attack that cancels all forward momentum when it's executed.

metaknave

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if I interpreted this right, but wasn't Dryn saying the ZSS isn't the only character to throw her gun in the air while using a taunt? He mentioned Fox because he throws his gun while taunting as well.
I knew Fox also throws his gun while taunting, but it was just an example to go along with the fact that Ike is the only one to throw his main weapon as an attack.

On topic, isn't Lucas the only character to have a bair spike?

Blackrider213

Smash Apprentice
I knew Fox also throws his gun while taunting, but it was just an example to go along with the fact that Ike is the only one to throw his main weapon as an attack.
Ah, gotcha now. I had a feeling I was misinterpreting things.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Ganon-The only character to have a 100:0 matchup on Inui.
Sonic does this too.

I want to say that Wolf's dash attack is the only dash attack that cancels all forward momentum when it's executed.
Technically he does speed up for a very short time, which gives him his DACUS. Link works like this too. He speeds up for a few frames, then stops.

Wolf is the only character with a pinwheel kick as a dash attack though. All other pinwheel kicks are either uairs or usmashes, if I recall right.
Unless I am unaware of other attacks that have a homing effect, I'd say Samus is the only one with a special (Forward + B) that targets her opponents.
Homing Attack?

Though Samus's missiles sure do a muuuuch better job at homing in than Homing Attack. Also Diddy Kong's RocketBarrels home in as well, if I recall right. I think there's one or two more other non-assist trophy attacks that home in on opponents in Brawl as well...

Blackrider213

Smash Apprentice
Also Diddy Kong's RocketBarrels home in as well, if I recall right.
Has somone explicitly tested this out? In my experience and through observation, it seems like the rocketbarrels do have an uncanny tendency to track a person instead of flying off in random directions.

Blackrider213

Smash Apprentice
Yes, Diddy's rocketbarrels do home in on opponents if Diddy was hit mid-flight.
How do you know this explicitly? Is it just by the power of observation? Based on observation alone, I would also conclude that they home in on opponents. I kind of want to know if there is some way that this could be tested (unless it already has and I don't know it) and get consistent results.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
The barrels home on opponents.

Sonic's B also homes in on opponents.
You know, like the name says. >_>

Blackrider213

Smash Apprentice
The barrels home on opponents.
I don't want to sound like some annoying pest, but how do you know? Most likely I'm just not aware of someone doing some kind of rigorous test that actually determines if the barrels actually home in. If there was a test that concluded that the barrels home in on opponents, could someone link me to the thread then? If there is no test, then I would say that it would seem that barrels home in due to observation. However, this does not mean that barrels actually home in if done by observation alone.

Then again, if there is no reliable test to prove the barrel's homing ability, observation would be the only way to explain this adequately and one could rightfully conclude that the barrels seem to home in.

On topic: I also ask again if anyone's mentioned that Wario is the only character with 12 costume changes.

DSP

Smash Apprentice
Link - Only projectile that can pull the enemy towards you instead of pushing him back
Only newcomer with a worse recovery distance than in Melee

-Kiros-

Smash Journeyman
Sonic's Up B is the only move that lets the opponent use it also.
Bowser's Side-B is the only move directly influenced by your opponent (in terms of direction).
Diddy has the only projectiles that always cause tripping.
ROB is the only one able to purposely reflect his projectile on surfaces (when it comes out).
Fox has the only projectile that does not cause knockback when it hits.
Dedede is the only one that can throw projectiles that stay around and do damage after the initial throw (how do I put this?)

Blackrider213

Smash Apprentice
Game and Watch is the only character whose throwing speed is dependent on character weight. Lighter characters equals faster throw and vice versa.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Sonic's Up B is the only move that lets the opponent use it also.
Bowser's Side-B is the only move directly influenced by your opponent (in terms of direction).
Diddy has the only projectiles that always cause tripping.
ROB is the only one able to purposely reflect his projectile on surfaces (when it comes out).
Dedede is the only one that can throw projectiles that stay around and do damage after the initial throw (how do I put this?)
-Game and watch's up-B also makes the opponent jump with him
-You can influence Kirby's and DeDeDe's inhale, and Diddy's Flip Grab
-Almost all item projeciles and fireballs bounce off surfaces as well.
-Snake's grenades do not cause knockback until the explosion. The projectile portion of the move does not knockback.
-R.O.B.'s gyro stays out, dealing damage, Wario's bike can hit after its initial throw, grenades explode after a certain time, Mr. Saturn walks around, and Diddy's bananas can still trip after they are thrown.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Non-purple pikmin have no knockback when tossed.
TECHNICALLY pikmin also stay around and do damage after throw, but a rephrasing of that might help. Perhaps something like "Only independently-acting projectile" would better express your meaning, though that's probably not the BEST way to phrase it.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Mario is the only character with an offensive attack that can't deal damage..?
Are you talking about FLUDD? Does FLUDD not do the thing like squirtle's water gun where if it's barely charged it does like 1-2%?

Frown

poekmon
I'll try to come up with something for all characters...

Mario: See above^
Bowser: Only character who can let the opponent control his movement directly.
Diddy: Only character with an attack that gets canceled by any other attack with knockback (peanut).
Link: Only character with projectile with a windbox.
Sheik: Uuh
Ganondorf: Only character with three grab moves.
ROB: Only character that doesn't instantly regain his upB after landing.
King Dedede: Only character with a potentially infinite single hitbox (up B),
Fox: Only character that gains height by using an aerial i mid-air (fair).
Falco: Only character who performs a neutral B faster in the air?
Wolf: ???
Falcon: Only character with a taunt that changes speed depending on the direction he's facing (dtaunt).
Pikachu: idk
Ike: Does Quick Draw have any frames of super armor? If so, Ike is the only character with only Super Armor/Invincibility Special Moves.
Sonic: Only character with a homing melee attack.

ChuteTheMessenger

Village's Strongest Hitman
Rob is the only character who can hold 4 simultaneous charges. His laser, his gyro, the fuel for his up-b, and a smash

JOE!

Smash Hero
Sonic is the only char who has two different mvoes lead into the same attack:

Side and Down B both lead do spin dash, the difference is how they start

Blackrider213

Smash Apprentice
Sheik is the only character that, in order to Dacus using Z, must set Z to a different function, namely attack instead of grab.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I'll try to come up with something for all characters...

Mario: See above^
Bowser: Only character who can let the opponent control his movement
directly.
Again, the opponent can control Kirby, Dedede, and Diddy when they use their grab specials.
Diddy: Only character with an attack that gets canceled by any other attack with knockback (peanut).
Not quite sure what you mean here. If you outspace someone you can cancel any of their moves by one of yours...
Link: Only character with projectile with a windbox.
Sheik: Uuh
Ganondorf: Only character with three grab moves.
ROB: Only character that doesn't instantly regain his upB after landing.
King Dedede: Only character with a potentially infinite single hitbox (up B),
Given infinite downward space, Yoshi's and Bowser's Bombs wouldn't? Also Peaches open parasol?
Fox: Only character that gains height by using an aerial i mid-air (fair).
Falco: Only character who performs a neutral B faster in the air?
Wolf: ???
Falcon: Only character with a taunt that changes speed depending on the direction he's facing (dtaunt).
Pikachu: idk
Ike: Does Quick Draw have any frames of super armor? If so, Ike is the only character with only Super Armor/Invincibility Special Moves.
I don't believe it does :c
Sonic: Only character with a homing melee attack.
Kirby can use it as well though...
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters

Moozle

Smash Champion
DDD can stay in the air with the help of G&W's uair, Yoshi and Bowser can't. I think you're right about Peach though. :ohwell:
I'm not sure if it makes a difference to what you're talking about, but you can only get hit by peach's open parasol once before having to open it again.

Top Bottom