• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Transcript of the SBR "MK Podcast" (Sonic section)//Steak Break Room:Sonic Discussion

infomon

Smash Scientist
... that means Spin-Charging off a platform, it turns into ASC, and you shield-cancel its landing on the main platform?

That makes a lot of sense, ok! I'm good now.

.... I originally read it as SC = shield-cancel, and s-cancel = spring-cancel (like spring-cancelled aerials)..... so I had absolutely no idea what the hell was going on.

it's extra-silly since I made a video tutorial in the hopes that SC = Spin Charge would get ingrained into ppls' heads. clearly it didn't work for me >.<

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i would think that people interpret s canceling as shield since it applies to a few characters attacks, as well as brawl+

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Terios the Hedgehog said:
lol Tell Bowyer he needs moar dtilt. :052:
lol, I started playing MK on Wednesday... and it'll probably end after I win the doubles tourney tomorrow.

Browny

Smash Hater
why did you keep the first 1:26 of that video lol...

and why no description on how to do it in the link :/

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
ive done it before and i think it actually is doable on BF but i never figured out exactly how to do it. i think you hit down like as soon as you pass the platform...

Sagen du Smash

Smash Journeyman
Tenki is one of the best Sonic mains BECAUSE he knows Sonics weaknesses, admits that he isn't a perfect character and more importantly, suggests ways to work around them. To master a character, being aware of the weaknesses is more important than knowing the strengths, because when we use advanced tactics like ASC shield grabbing, spinshots and Spring gimps, we are able to overcome Sonics problems with patience and skill.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Tenki is one of the best Sonic mains BECAUSE he knows Sonics weaknesses, admits that he isn't a perfect character and more importantly, suggests ways to work around them. To master a character, being aware of the weaknesses is more important than knowing the strengths, because when we use advanced tactics like ASC shield grabbing, spinshots and Spring gimps, we are able to overcome Sonics problems with patience and skill.

who are you again?

Tenki

Smash Hero
o__o;
I'm flattered. mcbcp
who are you again?
A French Sonic main/lurker who drops by and posts every few months.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
WTF?

whats with this guy...

why is everyone around here pole jocking on tenki all the effing time...
Me, Infzy, and MC are all just as knowledable of all facets of this character.
and me and MC are actually better at the game than him...

rofls at ppl acting like tenkis the shiz...

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
lol. we know at least as much, or even more then tenki does, but he actually posts ****.
not to say we don't, but we don't. it doesn't get as far as his posts do.

props tenki

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
WTF?

whats with this guy...

why is everyone around here pole jocking on tenki all the effing time...
Me, Infzy, and MC are all just as knowledable of all facets of this character.
and me and MC are actually better at the game than him...

rofls at ppl acting like tenkis the shiz...
This is smashboards, he has more posts, you lose by default.

Serious response, I want to see more Sonic vids of that talent or more. Point me in the right way.

Tenki

Smash Hero
?_?

majority of 'vet' Sonic mainers have better vids than me. Might not be as flashy, might not be as ownful or "WTF!!?!", but they play (or I think they do) against better players, so it's more of a realistic image of Sonic play than me beating up on someone who sucks at wifi lol.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
This is smashboards, he has more posts, you lose by default.

Serious response, I want to see more Sonic vids of that talent or more. Point me in the right way.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=202052
look for these names
Mr. 3000
Puffball
RATS
tenki

@MC
the one who have been here literally over a year, the ones who mained sonic last october when the announcement was made

Tenki

Smash Hero
Either people who have been here edit: (at least, part of/following the Sonic boards) since like, Feb-April, or people who have had good experience reading/punishing/whatever stemming from Melee evident from their player punishments when using Sonic

edit2:
you know what,

vet as in players who know wtf they're doing who've played Sonic-Brawl/Melee for at least a few months.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
i have really been here since 05 - 06

I meet KDJ at some event then, but we became good friends in 07
i guess when i decided to meet people is when i joined?

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I'm going to a tournament early next year.
Maybez <3

Uhm, totally off-topic, SBR needs a Sonic main. There's no one to my knowledge. Make it somebody knowledgable.

That rules me out xD

Top Bottom