• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Training Grounds: Now needing >>Students<<

Kinoc

Smash Rookie
I read the front page... but... I didnt see anyone under the Link category for Training. Does that mean, no one can teach me anything I already know with Link?

EDIT::: Sorry, i didnt read the full post for the front page, I didnt realize it was so long. Now I really feel like a n00b. =/

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
K, it looks like we've made some progress. Quite alot, actually. However, we still have a list of things to do.

List of Characters without a Designated teacher(s)

Diddy Kong

Falco

Ice Climbers

Link

Lucas

Olimar

Pikachu

Pit

Yoshi

Zelda

Zero Suit Samus

List of Characters with only one teacher

Bowser

Ganondorf

Ike

Jigglypuff

Luigi

Ness

Peach

Pokemon Trainer

R.O.B.

Sheik

Snake

Sonic

Toon Link

Wario​

Let's get out there and advertise like we've never before! :laugh: But seriously, that's just a list of things to motivate us. And a bump for this thread.

Kinoc

Smash Rookie
Well, i should ask for Jigglypuff and Pokemon Trainer then, since there are some teachers for those characters.

Geou

Smash Apprentice
I suggest that KuroZero should be a member of the committee. He's pretty much amazin'.

AGuyNamedRaf

Smash Journeyman
Don't forget Zelda either. I know she's not widely played, but it's good to have a teacher for insurance purposes. I heard that DarkMusician already does WiFi critiques, so it might be worth asking.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Why not try making an AiB group for this as well? It'd help get more members, seeing as there are alotta' nubs/n00bs/noobs on that site, as well as keep track of everything with its own little forum.

Anyways, I'll PM you in a sec Cloud.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
K. You did a good job starting this up, DWC. You'll be missed (except for the flaming ^^).

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
No, you shouldn't have. There's a new thread being made, which means this one is to die. :)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Don't worry, me and SOLID are working on it over AIM. I'll be writing out the format and organization, he'll be posting it and updating as the days go by.

I'll be taking the second post and managing my own section there. Feel free to discuss any ideas here until the new thread is made, guys. It was fine to bump it.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
K then. So, you two got new ideas for it? I can't wait to see it. :laugh: How are you planning on getting it noticed this time?

EDIT: Isn't it sort of wierd without DWC? lol

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
A bit yeah. Eh, same was as before. post in it a decent amount and get peeps to see it from the home page :)

Tristan_win

Not dead.
haha, I just got my first question and I **** the **** out of it.

"Wow Tristan, your more nice than I thought, and I got a question about Sheik

Do you think that ftilt > ftilt > reverse dsmash can work? From our human ablitity? cuz if im not mistaken the dsmash has multiple hitboxes when it from behind Sheik which is almost 10% damage a piece (fresh)."
~Leafplayer452

haha, this actually took me sometime to answer and sadly I'm missing one critical piece of information so I can't give you a 100% guaranteed correct answer, anyways.

To do a ftilt into reverse dsmash it can be a true combo but not until the much higher percents so although it is a good mix up that can cause damage if your opponent doesn't react fast enough after being ftilt it is possible to be escaped unless you wish to wait till the 70's more or less depending on the character weight

You see the cap that sheik ftilt can grant sheik a advantage is 14 frames and sadly the first hit of the back hit of the dsmash is frame 14. So even with buffering it's only mildly possible to do on every character, however every character who isn't marth this could work even better on them.

Air dodging in brawl takes 3 frames, attack at it's fastest in the air take 2 frames so we can cut down the frame advantage needed to preform this on those characters because of this. So instead of needing 14 frames we could argue for 12 frames or 11. We also can account for human reflexes not being perfect which could sway the numbers even more to are advantage not to mention people can't hit the buttons every single frame in succession. There's also the 1 frame of input time that the game it self needs to read the command the put in. We do not have to worry about this because of buffing that we have near the end of the ftilt will make the dsmash come out frame perfect on the first possible frame.

..Also although it can be escaped in the low percents it also might be faintly possible as well since the time someone is traveling in the air when hit in the very low percents is very small and plus the fact that when a characters lands they will be unable to do anything for a few frames including shielding so it might be possible to catch someone off guard and have it work them as well, but not guaranteed.

Sadly, like I said about there's one critical piece of information I do not have and that's the frame data on how many frames it takes for sheik to turn around and does the reverse or any smash for that matter count these frames or just bypass them when doing a reverse smash or attack.
~Tristan_Win

edit: Also can someone please make the font in my name smaller or larger in the front page so Tristan_Win will all be on one line.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Hmmm..... Just putting this out here, but once we get this more active and running and all, do you all think we ought to have more than one teacher per character, or is one to two teachers per character the better amount? S.O.L.I.D. seems to want to keep it to one or two... but I think it'd be a good idea to have many.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I was thinking of throwing an idea like that out there.
here's the way I see it:
the more popular a character is, the more teachers for said character.

Top Bottom