• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Training Grounds: Now needing >>Students<<

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
LOL!

Norad, we can play tomorrow, try getting used to online (how else would you train someone...? not many of us can afford to fly out to where ever the trainee is ya know lol)
then we'll play whenever YOUR ready, on week days I work at 5:30 till laaate. bartender, on weekends I work from like 7:45 morning till about 4:15-30 ish soo yeah we could prolly play tomorrow. just try getting used to it first. I hope it doens't Lagg.

Mikha'el

Smash Cadet
So im still a little confused; do we pm darkwarcloud with an application to become a teacher and the nwe have to fight one of the committee members to prove our skills? I have already gotten a few pms from people wanting me to teach them and im not even on the list.

Sieguest

Smash Master
So im still a little confused; do we pm darkwarcloud with an application to become a teacher and the nwe have to fight one of the committee members to prove our skills? I have already gotten a few pms from people wanting me to teach them and im not even on the list.
Yes and yes! :)

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Whoa whoa, why are we playing people to see if they become teachers?

imo, knowledge is way more important than skill if you're teaching. I'm not that great of a player, but I'm good at helping others improve, and having a teacher that know there **** but sucks is better than having one that's good but won't provide adequate instruction.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
:) Hey, S.O.L.I.D., d'you forget about me?

EDIT: I'm definitely not applying to be a teacher, but I have written out info about Ike before. Anyone want to see what I wrote (for giggles)?

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Whoa whoa, why are we playing people to see if they become teachers?

imo, knowledge is way more important than skill if you're teaching. I'm not that great of a player, but I'm good at helping others improve, and having a teacher that know there **** but sucks is better than having one that's good but won't provide adequate instruction.
Maybe just one person, a few matches, but even then that is a bit of a stretch.

We need, like, a feedback section. For any teachers that aren't doing well, you can just fire 'em.

I'm not applying to be a teacher, but I have written out info about Ike before. Anyone want to see what I wrote (for giggles)?
I'm the only Ike teacher up there, and I don't feel completely qualified, so sure.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
@S.O.L.I.D. - Absolutely understandable. :laugh: I'll be sure to do that - I'll be on most of the day unless something comes up.

I guess I'll post my Ike stuff after I eat dinner and edit it a little. I wrote it quite a while back; before I was a member here I think.....

Alright, later.....

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
That could get messy too. Having everyone read that "_____" sucks at teaching their char, isn't very good and can't do anythingg

that would get people P.O.'d REALLY fast.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
If it's just that one person, than how would it effect everything as a whole? I mean we just....replace him.

Besides, if the customers don't voice their opinions, how else can we provide excellent service?

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Reading over my Ike guide, its much too large to post here. DWC would get mad at me for posting it.

Where should I post it?

EDIT: I just PM'd it to three of y'all. Anyone else want to see it, just message me. :)

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
mmm Yeah I guess. it'll defs cause tension though too :p just want you all to know that before words start breaking out :p

I'm down with SOLID's Idea. I give mah stamp of approval, if that counts for anything.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Cherry, we're not going to fire someone without good cause. If someone gets pissed, we just say "Hey, here's why you got fired ________ explanation blah blah blah, we're sorry about it, but we felt it'd be better if you weren't teaching." Yeah, it'll cause tension, but I'm sure me and a few other people can handle that ;)

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Cherry, we're not going to fire someone without good cause. If someone gets pissed, we just say "Hey, here's why you got fired ________ explanation blah blah blah, we're sorry about it, but we felt it'd be better if you weren't teaching." Yeah, it'll cause tension, but I'm sure me and a few other people can handle that ;)

Whomever mods General Brawl discussion should keep an eye on this, so if peeps do get pissed off, the mods can room ban them. it'll make things Sooo easy, of course we will tell them, like you said SOLID, the reason they aren't a teacher anymore, btw

DO NOT DROP NAMES OF PEOPLE WHO COMPLAINED
. Just because the ex teach is room banned doesn't mean that they can't still be bitter and drop hate messages and get others to hate on the person that complained. Be secretive, yet smart about this and it'll work just fine :)

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
I think more people need to get AIM, Skype, Yahoo IM, or something to get this, so you can do voice chat or something, because I don't see someone being able to teach someone through PM's or email.. it's too slow.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I really would, but I'm so dumb about the internet, it's incredible. What's the difference between MSN and Gmail? Just two different emails, I guess? 'Cause I have a Gmail.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
MSN is an instant messenger program, not an email account. that would be the big difference. another difference is that MSN is a program, while Gmail is a website that stores messages for you.

MSN= instant messenger.
Gmail = Email

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I see. n00b question = What is the point of instant messaging? Howe is it different from emailing?

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I see. n00b question = What is the point of instant messaging? Howe is it different from emailing?
It's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY faster. IM=INstant Messaging=INSTANT. Emails you have to refresh for an update, clikc on it to read it, click something else to repply, and one last click to send.

DarkWarCloud

Smash Journeyman
thanks indnkid209 of planetrenders for my sig.
Everything about having to battle someone on the committee is completely false.
The committee decides based on knowledge of their character and their ability to teach. Simple.

Whoever said that you have to battle people, stop. That's not effective at all and it won't be applied.
I can definitely talk more smash than I can play.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Haha Yeah, SOLID is right. it's just hard to choose the real deal from the pre-tenders ya know? but that's what the "getting rid of crappy teachers" program is for. give people a shot, and if they fail then they are out kinda deal.

Top Bottom