• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Training Grounds: Now needing >>Students<<

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I... am the ultimate camper.

The Brinstar master.

One of the few people that has timed out a tournament set AND enjoyed it.

Real men camp, which is why I proudly display my camping gear.

Edit: Lol but no seriously I'm considered one of the better Wario players out there, as well as a national doubles partner.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I am also good with Lucas. Hell, name a character besides Link, Shiek, Pikachu, or ROB, and I am good with him/her.

Edit: See earlier post. I cannot fight online lol. I mean I CAN, but I have to go through a lot of effort and the other person would not be guaranteed a good connection, so I try to avoid it.

Lucas:

Nair is very good. Side B is overrated. Dair is excellent as a wall, retreating Fair is good when spaced well. Bair is weird, avoid using it that much aside from an occasional retreat.

On the ground, Jab, Dtilt, Fsmash, and occasionally grabbing are all you will usually need. Utilt after a low % Dthrow is nice though.

Master Zap Jumping and Magnet Pulling for recovering. Everything else is common sense, good spacing, not trying too hard to land kills, and playing safe.

squirtleuser007

Smash Apprentice
north carolina, hating on sonikupo (&lt;3)
okay, cool. i dont have any questions, i just want to fight an experienced lucas player
edit: i know you said that, that's why i included that statement, lol.
at a low % for me, i do a dthrow straight into a uair, hits 99% of the time for 23%. i use magnet pulling often and zap jump sometimes, i rarely need it. i also use pk fire for spacing

Sieguest

Smash Master
I... am the ultimate camper.

The Brinstar master.

One of the few people that has timed out a tournament set AND enjoyed it.

Real men camp, which is why I proudly display my camping gear.

Edit: Lol but no seriously I'm considered one of the better Wario players out there, as well as a national doubles partner.
Phew! Quite the repetoire!(sp?) You should be a teacher here! :)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I can be a teacher in the sense that I can offer advice/tips on most characters, but I can't give any actual training lol.

DarkWarCloud

Smash Journeyman
thanks indnkid209 of planetrenders for my sig.
Well that's +1 for you. I've never actually said anything about it but people who complain about the usefulness or reasoning of threads are usually just asking for a +1pc

Okay, from now on, how about we try to be a bit more productive as to not anger anyone with things people could consider spam. only post here to request a teacher of some sort, introduce yourself as a student or teacher, or anything else helpful.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Hell, nothing better to do. To lazy to PM you, other things going on. (Like about to go grab my dessert)

SuSa (Shut up Suicide already)

Everyone but Wario+G&W/It's underneath my name/Visitor Messages/AIM is invokke08havokk

My name is SuSa (well, it isn't but that's what you will call me) and I've played everyone due to maining Random for the longest time. I specialize in Snake and Sheik but I have knowledge for nearly every character. I've never really liked G&W, so while I am decent with him. I am not comfortable teaching him. The same goes for Wario. I simply don't know enough about the characters. Everyone else I have used.

I attend tournaments here in SoCal, and I'm hoping to be a rising star out here. Because of this, I will be unable to teach most weekends - because I will be at tournaments.

DarkWarCloud

Smash Journeyman
if you guys feel that you're good enough to teach, just send me your submissions via pm using the format on the front page and you will be on hand for anyone to contact if they want to be taught.

nightsky, on the front page, if anyone is under PT, just contact them and they can teach you. it's pretty simple

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I'm so tempted to sign myself for teaching, but I need to revamp lucario boards as it is (they is dead :p)
And I don't do wifi as often as I should.

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
I'm so tempted to sign myself for teaching, but I need to revamp lucario boards as it is (they is dead :p)
And I don't do wifi as often as I should.
I wanna play wit you later if you end up doing this teaching thing I wanna brawl you and see how good my cario is I've never faced a lucario aside from you know who I'm sick of his name, ugg, da-d-mon (lol d-mon is failcario)

we need more lucario's

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I am seeing a distinct Trend here. Man if you creep the new members fight arena you'll see all the same names pop up.... Save for Alex's and Solids, as they rarely want to fight those other peeps.

anyways I'm a crappy Samus main that knows Way to many AT's so I guess I could teach :S juss put me down for samus and I'm Faar too lazy to pm you my info, so if you (like me) don't think anyone will want to learn her then don't bother yourself with the info, but if you do think peeps will want to learn her, then I guess you'll have a bit o seeking to doo.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I am seeing a distinct Trend here. Man if you creep the new members fight arena you'll see all the same names pop up.... Save for Alex's and Solids, as they rarely want to fight those other peeps.
I'm only there to help out the New Members.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I guess. >_> most of them don't really need help, they've found out how to roll on wi-fi, rolling in this game is hella broken compared to melee, in brawl you can barely get a tilt off to punish a roll, in Melee you could charge up a Smash >_>.

so with wi-fi input lag facing rollie campers is impossible and some of them know how to do it well. I've faced a few really good opponents there that I'd play again but most just piss me off lol

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I guess. >_> most of them don't really need help, they've found out how to roll on wi-fi, rolling in this game is hella broken compared to melee, in brawl you can barely get a tilt off to punish a roll, in Melee you could charge up a Smash >_>.

so with wi-fi input lag facing rollie campers is impossible and some of them know how to do it well. I've faced a few really good opponents there that I'd play again but most just piss me off lol
But Cherry, the point of this thread is for us, the teachers, to teach people the correct way to play each character, and thus discourage all the roll camping, etc.

This would be a good sticky imo.

PhilNye, you should sign up as a teacher, unless you have too much on your plate with Cario Boards atm. Then I understand.

SN4N, I can play any time today.

I'll but a link in my sig.

DarkWarCloud

Smash Journeyman

How about we teach them to be good INSTEAD of letting them figure out that they can camp/roll on wifi and beat people better than them with it.

we can teach them how to be good at actual tournaments where bar plank... erm... planking with MK, metaknight has torn apart every other camper, and i don't think you can get by with just rolling with metaknight, my good sir.

Oh, and if you want to sign up we still need samus players, and I really don't feel like making your entry.

We got 4 new teachers at 2 A.M. last night =D

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
DWC, can you please let like me and Straked and some other people confirm teachers? I mean I'm not the best player by any means, but I know people here, and who is going to be helpful or not to new players.

Hell, some of the people that are teachers are new players themselves.

There's no point in having a teacher that isn't going to help the students correctly. If the teachers don't know their characters well, then what's the point of them teaching?

DarkWarCloud

Smash Journeyman
DWC, can you please let like me and Straked and some other people confirm teachers? I mean I'm not the best player by any means, but I know people here, and who is going to be helpful or not to new players.

Hell, some of the people that are teachers are new players themselves.

There's no point in having a teacher that isn't going to help the students correctly. If the teachers don't know their characters well, then what's the point of them teaching?
Go for it. Just pick the people off of the list that you actually know can teach, and then use them to play everyone else on the team, and pm me who you think stays and who you think goes. ALSO, remember that you shouldn't fully judge someones capabilities online. some people are good in lag, and some aren't.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
You still can't by who you just know. This seems like a lot of effort, but you need to check out their contributions to their character boards and/or play them over wifi to see if they're all talk.

Top Bottom