• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Training Grounds: Now needing >>Students<<

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I guess, yeah.

I'm just going to be asking people to show me some knowledgeable posts they've made, etc. for the characters they applied to teach for. I'll go up the list from the bottom.

I'm also checking if people are in Character Back Rooms, etc.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
We have about fifteen teachers signed up right now, and most of them seem legitimate to me. That's pretty good considering how long this has been up.

EDIT: I still think it'd be a good idea for students to sign up too or atleast be shown somewhere on the OP. It'd show the people who are considering teaching how many students are wanting to learn.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Post count/grammar/intelligent speech does not warrant a good teacher for the record.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
^^^^^^

So much this.

It can help, just so students can understand what teachers are saying (lol) but don't write people off because they talk like this:

"well u culd be better u just ned 2 do _______"

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Anyway, I'll start at the bottom of the teacher list and just move up. I just contacted rockguy1234

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Dragonblooded, what are you considering "legitimate" to be?
"Legitimate" meaning this teacher knows his/her chosen character very well and can pass on knowledge to students of that character. Probably should be a part of his/her character's Back Room and have tourney experience or respectable skill with said character.

I'm not tying this to PC, grammar, etc. Why all the fuss? Is "legitimate" not the right terminology?

EDIT: I still think it'd be a good idea for students to sign up too or atleast be shown somewhere on the OP. It'd show the people who are considering teaching how many students are wanting to learn.
Good idea? :ohwell:

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Legitimate is fine, but when you said "most of the teachers seem legitimate," I was thinking almost the opposite. :/

Well I'm going to start contacting people.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
The testing idea is fine to me, in fact, it should be required.

Basing this off of forum posts, though, isn't a great idea in my opinion. I hardly post anywhere in the character boards, but I'm still at least SOMEWHAT knowledgeable with the characters I mentioned.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
On the subject of not getting many students, I think it's because it's kind of new, and therefore, it's going to have its share of people in denial of "help", and its skeptics.
Do you know what might be a good idea? Displaying/advertising this in the newcomer's thread, so that we get a flow of "students".
Just my 2 cents.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I think it's because it's kind of new, and therefore, it's going to have its share of people in denial of "help", and its skeptics.
Do you know what might be a good idea? Displaying/advertising this in the newcomer's thread, so that we get a flow of "students".
Just my 2 cents.
Way ahead of you....
been showing my sig as I greet people!
Your two cents is good anywhere! :laugh:

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
The testing idea is fine to me, in fact, it should be required.

Basing this off of forum posts, though, isn't a great idea in my opinion. I hardly post anywhere in the character boards, but I'm still at least SOMEWHAT knowledgeable with the characters I mentioned.
Agreed. If we went by post count, then I'd be way too overrated.

And TUSM, iirc, you are state ranked, am I right?

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Last time I'll quote this, but does anyone think this could help? DWC?

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I couldn't disagree more.

Why should the students have to sign up? This isn't sumer camp.
Its not really signing up as it is just listing students on the OP. Maybe under each teacher's name so we can see how many students each one has. Whatever, never mind.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Agreed. If we went by post count, then I'd be way too overrated.

And TUSM, iirc, you are state ranked, am I right?
Why, yes. yes I am.

However, it's only PA. I'm not selling myself short, I know I rock and all, but PA has been.....lacking recently, but that's besides the point.

fatalmztake

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I've read this entire thread and have yet to see my character mentioned anywhere except by someone who doesn't main him. I am trying to main Ike and gamingblack and a couple others from the NNMFA can vouch that I'm improving fast and well. The problem is i don't have anyone to teach me advanced methods or correct me where I'm going wrong. It doesn't help that the Ike forums are pretty dead most of the time. If someone can really help me out with Ike, I'd greatly appreiciate it. Sorry for the long post.

BTW, I don't agree with the students having to signup just because some people get embarassed when they ask for help publicly. Let them take the initative to get help. If they really want to prove something as a player in this game, they should want all the help they can get. That's why I'm asking for it.

Top Bottom