• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Training Grounds: Now needing >>Students<<

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I'm one of the more active Samus mains on Wi-Fi. I'll take up the position of Samus teacher, I guess.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Well, I could add you and either brawl you or send you some replays f you really think you can help me.
I'll add you right now at look at some of your replays. If your codes aren't on your profile, VM or PM them to me.

Scratch that last sentence.

EDIT: I have your Wii number and Brawl FC added, so you can send whenever you're ready.

fatalmztake

Smash Apprentice
I'll add you right now at look at some of your replays. If your codes aren't on your profile, VM or PM them to me.

Scratch that last sentence.

EDIT: I have your Wii number and Brawl FC added, so you can send whenever you're ready.
Okay, I sent you one replay. How many do you want?

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Okay, I sent you one replay. How many do you want?
One won't be enough, give me three or four, preferably against more than one character if you can. Also, it'll be hard to critique if you win each match with relative ease. Try and send some where you either had trouble winning, or you didn't win at all, that way, I can really tell where your weak points are.

fatalmztake

Smash Apprentice
One won't be enough, give me three or four, preferably against more than one character if you can. Also, it'll be hard to critique if you win each match with relative ease. Try and send some where you either had trouble winning, or you didn't win at all, that way, I can really tell where your weak points are.
Well, I sent you two I win and two I got utterly ***** in. So that should give you a good idea of how I play. I was watching a couple of them and realized myself how stupid I look.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
well like i said the people who r wolf teachers i have never heard of. but im pretty active in the tourney scene around md/va and i play wifi. i also talk to other wolfs all the time in the wolf xat including jjwolf and a few others. and i post in the wolf forums alot. tho we r one of the deadest character forums. XD. i can teach wolf. Name-seagull man. dont put turkey wonder cause thats my xbl account. most people know be by seagull. if anyone needs to message me as a student. just pm me. i can teach u thoughly

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I'm rarely in the character boards, if you don't think I'm good enough to be a teacher, then please take me off of said character.
k u got gaw anyway. im true wolf guy. i know too much about wolf from combos,at's, special techniques, and styles. i also use mk but teaching mk is like taking a test on ABC'S. easy as 1-2-3.:laugh:

DarkWarCloud

Smash Journeyman
thanks indnkid209 of planetrenders for my sig.
k u got gaw anyway. im true wolf guy. i know too much about wolf from combos,at's, special techniques, and styles. i also use mk but teaching mk is like taking a test on ABC'S. easy as 1-2-3.:laugh:
Oh sorry i didn't see this.
Uh dude you're one to gloat, let other people judge how good with wolf you are, and don't put people down for not being known, especially when a common lurker in the wolf boards has never even heard of you (hey its me i don't know if you knew that)

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Oh sorry i didn't see this.
Uh dude you're one to gloat, let other people judge how good with wolf you are, and don't put people down for not being known, especially when a common lurker in the wolf boards has never even heard of you (hey its me i don't know if you knew that)
uhhhhhhh w/e. fine dont put me as a teacher. idc. just wanted to help wolfs get better. visit the wolf xat sometime http://xat.com/chat/room/61905922/ maybe u will learn some things u didnt know

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You seriously aren't accepting Seagull as a teacher? Why not?

He's very dedicated to Wolf.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Why, yes. yes I am.

However, it's only PA. I'm not selling myself short, I know I rock and all, but PA has been.....lacking recently, but that's besides the point.
Anyone with enough offline experience to be PR'd, regardless of state, is more than good enough to be a teacher. If you'd like, I'm interested in learning Dedede. I need a top tier secondary to cover my bad matchups, and I've been experimenting with Dedede a bit. I still need some help.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
straked im not on PR in md/va. last tourney i got 9th/25th on saturday. but yea im dedicated to wolf. i did lose to someone on PR that tourney. chudat but its not liek i got destroyed. oh nvm u were talkin to TUSM

DarkWarCloud

Smash Journeyman
thanks indnkid209 of planetrenders for my sig.
actually, i didn't deny him, i was simply stating that he was putting gamingblack down for not being known.
anyways, we played some friendlies, and his wolf is as good as mine was at my peak, i kinda suck right now and he was always one stock ahead of me. I really need to fix myself, considering i suck currently.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
straked im not on PR in md/va. last tourney i got 9th/25th on saturday. but yea im dedicated to wolf. i did lose to someone on PR that tourney. chudat but its not liek i got destroyed. oh nvm u were talkin to TUSM
Haha, yeah. Notice how I quoted his post.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Anyone with enough offline experience to be PR'd, regardless of state, is more than good enough to be a teacher. If you'd like, I'm interested in learning Dedede. I need a top tier secondary to cover my bad matchups, and I've been experimenting with Dedede a bit. I still need some help.
Sure, hit me up on AIM.....sometime tomorrow. Have replays ready if you can.

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
YES SCORE!!! I got a very scrubby trainee he was asking me to train him on mah friend roster he said "can you teach me fox"

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I decided once I finished all the single player modes.
crappycola, don't call your trainees scrubs, don't scare them off.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
You learn which character you are most comfortable because you are forced to try every character multiple times.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Okay, time for me to pull a n00b moment. I'm having a really hard time still deciding who I want to be my main. How did everyone chose theirs?
I decided once I finished all the single player modes.
Exactly what I did...you'll find that one character that you just feel real..."good" with! :)

@cola- how about the word apprentice...or student...that's alot nicer..:)

WolfenMiatang

Smash Apprentice
How about giving me Wolf or Pokemon Trainer lessons?
I really want to take my skills further with them so yeah any of those two would be fine. I am probably most noobest person here XD

Whichever teacher is available im fine with for Wolf and PT

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Well for Wolf, I'd refer you to Seagull. He knew what he was doing when I played him earlier.

fatalmztake

Smash Apprentice
Exactly what I did...you'll find that one character that you just feel real..."good" with! :)

@cola- how about the word apprentice...or student...that's alot nicer..:)
So what, you go through all thesingle player modes and beat them all with every character till you find someone you are "good" with?

Hay, I've already got two requests in...This'll be interesting...I haven't taught much other than math...

Unfortunately, though, nobody has PM'ed me about Kirby. XD Yoshi and Weegee requests are in, and I'll be teaching them...I need some sort of method of communication, though, that isn't through taunts.

If anyone needs a Kirby teacher, he is my absolute best, and there is not one thing I don't know about him.

Also, I chose my main, being Kirby...well, I got the idea from remembering that I mained Kirby and Yoshi in SSB, when I was an amateur (Liek, I could barely survive a FFA with three level nines.). I'd started off maining Sonic because he was my favorite, but, I tried out Kirby and Yosh-Yosh...I wasn't great with ol' Yoshi in the beginning, but recently, I've done quite well with him. And Kirby...I was good with him from the start.

But, aside from my life story...the way I think effectively helps choose a main, is, think of your strengths and weaknesses. I for one am a fast player, so, fast characters (In running speed and in attack speed) really help. Another way, one I tried out...go against a Level 9 Mario with every character. 10-stock, see who you do best with. Then, try out that character online, and, if you like that character and the feel of them...you're set.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Hay, I've already got two requests in...This'll be interesting...I haven't taught much other than math...

Unfortunately, though, nobody has PM'ed me about Kirby. XD Yoshi and Weegee requests are in, and I'll be teaching them...I need some sort of method of communication, though, that isn't through taunts.

If anyone needs a Kirby teacher, he is my absolute best, and there is not one thing I don't know about him.

Also, I chose my main, being Kirby...well, I got the idea from remembering that I mained Kirby and Yoshi in SSB, when I was an amateur (Liek, I could barely survive a FFA with three level nines.). I'd started off maining Sonic because he was my favorite, but, I tried out Kirby and Yosh-Yosh...I wasn't great with ol' Yoshi in the beginning, but recently, I've done quite well with him. And Kirby...I was good with him from the start.

But, aside from my life story...the way I think effectively helps choose a main, is, think of your strengths and weaknesses. I for one am a fast player, so, fast characters (In running speed and in attack speed) really help. Another way, one I tried out...go against a Level 9 Mario with every character. 10-stock, see who you do best with. Then, try out that character online, and, if you like that character and the feel of them...you're set.
Teach me Kirby, kind sir.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
im seagull if anyone is wonderin. ugh i guess my name confuses people since it says turkey

Top Bottom