• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament Mode [1.1.0] Community Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
The Lucario, Shulk and Toon Link differences were annoying me so I've managed to track down a 1.0.5 3DS and I'm getting results more in-line with what others have said. Before I was using a 1.0.0 3DS.

Lucario's forward-smash and down-smash cool down increases. Shulk's dash-attack buff and Toon Link's neutral-aerial landing decrease are actually 1.0.4 / Wii U release patch changes that were somehow missed. I'm consistently able to recreate these differences with a 3DS 1.0.0 copy of the game.

So apologies for confusing people.

Last edited:

iNSANE

Smash Rookie
NNID
iNSANEwOw
Wasn't able to play a lot with the new patch yet. How noticable is the
  • UNIVERSAL invincibility duration on spot dodge and both rolls have been reduced by 1 frame.
is it actually a noticable change while playing ?

the great gonzoles

Smash Rookie
NNID
p-m12345
Warning Received
PK thunder for both ness and lucas is much weeker in this patch then last patch since it no longer killes early.

SapphSabre777

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4742-5094-9684
Last night, I conducted a test on the abilities from Kirby's Neutral B. In some cases before 1.1.0, Kirby had pre-patch versions of certain Neutral Bs, such as Sheik's pre-patch Needles.

After some hours of studying on 1/4 speed in Training Mode, I can almost certainly say that Kirby's copied Neutral Bs are each the 1.1.0 version of it, meaning worse Luigi Fireballs, but better Robin Thunder, Greninja Water Shuriken, 1.1.0 Sheik Needles, etc.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Last night, I conducted a test on the abilities from Kirby's Neutral B. In some cases before 1.1.0, Kirby had pre-patch versions of certain Neutral Bs, such as Sheik's pre-patch Needles.

After some hours of studying on 1/4 speed in Training Mode, I can almost certainly say that Kirby's copied Neutral Bs are each the 1.1.0 version of it, meaning worse Luigi Fireballs, but better Robin Thunder, Greninja Water Shuriken, 1.1.0 Sheik Needles, etc.
There's a giant block of unlabelled Kirby special parameters that supports this.

Marth's grounded dancing blade 1 was changed again and is also a 42 > 40. Very recently figured out in this thread.
Dancing Blade's window of input is handled not by parameters but by the fighter file itself, it seems. I'm mostly focusing on Parameters as things stand. Once Kirby's Copy Abilities are labelled, I'm diving into the dirty stuff: Floating Points.

There is, however, a 42 -> 39 in Marth's [14][19]. I'm assuming this specific one is Heavy Blade, [14][10] is Effortless Blade, and [14][1] is Dancing Blade. What they actually do...linker frames? Does this sound reasonable?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Linkshot plz. We went over this like a page or two ago too :p
Those 3 decimal values are the landing lags on all three of his up specials.

And window of input is extended 5 frames.
And the first strike seems to have 2 less frames of end lag (by data).

Last edited:

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Linkshot plz. We went over this like a page or two ago too :p
Those 3 decimal values are the landing lags on all three of his up specials.
Right! Oops. I remember seeing that and wanting to make note of it but just...lost that task in my head hahaha. Thank you!

EDIT: Here's a progress update. Kirby's changed Copy Abilities are marked now, and Mii Gunner needs some serious confirmation because I'm spitballing there.

Last edited:

AscWolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AscWolf
Don't know if it's worth mentioning, but some Items got changed.

So far I know Blue Shell (Launches with much higher Speed) and the Assist Trophy Dr. Kawashima (Numbers are damaging the non Caster and I think they travel slower)

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Japan plays very differently, they believe Luigi sucks so he gets buffed, but they believe Sonic is top 3 and should be nerfed to oblivion.
It's largely in part due to their stages.

FD/BF is a third of their stagelist. Luigi isn't crazy about bf due to the high ceiling and platforms screwing up the cyclone combo, and fd with another highish ceiling and large, flat layout making his issue of getting in exaggerated.

Similarly the japanese let sonic start on FD 90% of the time and often actually CP him there too. Blame these geniuses for your nerfs every patch lol

Speaking of, never CP sheik to smashville unless you're mii brawler or something

Last edited:

Luigi player

Smash Master
Btw, only Mewtwos:4mewtwo: upangled ftilt has it's duration altered, not the normal one or all of them. The change is listed for 057.

057 Ftilt-Up
058 Ftilt
059 Ftilt2
05A Ftilt3
05B FtiltDown

sonnytapman

Smash Rookie
Can someone do some testing on Samus? I don't see anything being worked on with her Character board and I feel like she feels a bit different overall, it may have something to do with ZAir, Missle, I'm not sure.

EDIT: I figured it out, I think they increased the landing lag on Fair. Confirmation needed. Because if they did and I'm not imagining things I'm going to be really concerned

Last edited:

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Can someone do some testing on Samus? I don't see anything being worked on with her Character board and I feel like she feels a bit different overall, it may have something to do with ZAir, Missle, I'm not sure.
Looking grim based on data dumps. No parameters aside from dodges, absolutely no change to her fighter file. Unsure about articles.

busken

Smash Ace
@ Shaya Shaya

MK's Up Air still has visual problem. If you fastfall the Up air the apparent horizontal hitboxes don't hit. This has always been their but the animation definitly doesn't match the hitboxes on this move. Everything else is good.

sonnytapman

Smash Rookie
Looking grim based on data dumps. No parameters aside from dodges, absolutely no change to her fighter file. Unsure about articles.
I guess I'm going crazy. Wait, that already happened.
I don't think they change anything about G&W as well as Jigglypuff, not 100% sure though. Confirmation needed there as well. I think Puff has more knockback on Ftilt of all things, not sure though.

busken

Smash Ace
welp i guess i have caught the online don't read just post syndrome.

Schiffe

PK Love
NNID
Schiffe
Wasn't able to play a lot with the new patch yet. How noticable is the
  • UNIVERSAL invincibility duration on spot dodge and both rolls have been reduced by 1 frame.
is it actually a noticable change while playing ?
Didn't notice much, but some people say it makes the difference..

RGXZERO

Smash Rookie

Can someone confirm that Samus really is this broken in this update?

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Something worth noting for Mii Gunner: Gunner Missile

Its aerial IASA values, both Homing and Super, were set to 0 before. They are now set to 50. This is not a nerf. In fact, the 0 meant it had no IASA at all before; you had to wait for the full animation to finish.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

Everything shown here has been like this or worse since the game launched. She's actually improved since then, if you can believe it.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
The Lucario, Shulk and Toon Link differences were annoying me so I've managed to track down a 1.0.5 3DS and I'm getting results more in-line with what others have said. Before I was using a 1.0.0 3DS.

Lucario's forward-smash and down-smash cool down increases. Shulk's dash-attack buff and Toon Link's neutral-aerial landing decrease are actually 1.0.4 / Wii U release patch changes that were somehow missed. I'm consistently able to recreate these differences with a 3DS 1.0.0 copy of the game.

So apologies for confusing people.
Thanks a lot for clarifying this. I definitely was not seeing lag differences from Shulk's dash attack when comparing between this update and last. And earlier we had the same issue with Toon Link's Nair. @ Shaya Shaya could you move Shulk's dash attack out of this thread?

Schiffe

PK Love
NNID
Schiffe

How that NAir doesn't hit is beyond my comprehension. Effect coming out before hitbox or just an horrible hitbox? Or maybe he landed 1 frame before frame 8? Looking at the data, it's hard to tell why the first hit wouldn't hit..

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
How that NAir doesn't hit is beyond my comprehension. Effect coming out before hitbox or just an horrible hitbox? Or maybe he landed 1 frame before frame 8? Looking at the data, it's hard to tell why the first hit wouldn't hit...
I'm pretty sure the N-Air's "action lines" come out before the hitbox and that he just wasn't in the air long enough for the kick to come out. The video tries to make the move look worse than it actually is.

Really? I don't remember her phasing through opponents with dash attacks...
Lots of characters do this; it's the price to pay when you have such excellent burst range. I don't think her Dash Attack has changed in any of the patches (and it certainly hasn't in this one).

Last edited:

RGXZERO

Smash Rookie
Lots of characters do this; it's the price to pay when you have such excellent burst range. I don't think her Dash Attack has changed in any of the patches (and it certainly hasn't in this one).
I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
  • Diddy gets Down Smash knockback buffs and Up Smash linking buffs
  • Mii Gunner gets Missile buffs when Homing Missiles already track better
  • Lucas gets grab buffs
  • Samus gets nothing
Haha.

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
Doesn't matter if she was this broken before or after this update, Samus finally needs to be buffed/fixed/restored.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm pretty sure the N-Air's "action lines" come out before the hitbox and that he just wasn't in the air long enough for the kick to come out. The video tries to make the move look worse than it actually is.
It's definitely this. I noticed this for the first time when trying to "frame cancel" Kirby's bair. If you do it too late, the sound and animation lines come out, but you land before the hitbox comes out. That said, half of Samus' moveset does need buffs.

Schiffe

PK Love
NNID
Schiffe
I'm pretty sure the N-Air's "action lines" come out before the hitbox and that he just wasn't in the air long enough for the kick to come out. The video tries to make the move look worse than it actually is
At this point, I don't know who's faulty. The person who made the video for making it look bad, or Smash Devs for not synchronizing the hitbox and the "action lines"

TheBlueSpirit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thebiuespirit
3DS FC
5086-3271-7834
Really? I don't remember her phasing through opponents with dash attacks...
Well that's not where the hitbox is. It seems extremely jank to me because it's in front of samus more, and seems to extend her hurtbox. I'd like that to be fixed cause it's annoying to fight honestly. But yeah samus could be better.

Last edited:

Regralht

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Regralht
After searching this thread, I'm surprised that no one mentioned that usage of the Cstick in training mode is no longer finicky at low speeds (an example being that you had to tap it very quickly to make it work at 1/4th speed, pre-patch)

Yoshi is no longer stuck in his down B animation after doing it immediately from a ledge hop on the right side of Dreamland. Here's a video of the glitch that I'm referring to.
Reposting this because it went unnoticed. I'm unsure if this is a change to Yoshi's down B, or a change to the ledge itself.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito

As someone with Samus as a secondary, I knew something was wrong with her Dash attack...
-Fix her missiles
-Improve her hitboxes
-Make Up throw a kill move.

Last edited:

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
Wait...I thought Dedede's FS was no longer escapeable?
Can someone confirm/deny?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Can someone confirm what I said before? If Jigglypuff and G&W are unchanged?
G&W has received numerous changes. Bair and Nair have definitely been buffed and I think fsmash, Jab 1 and uair have been tweaked as well. I just have no way to prove it atm and nobody seems to be interested in verifying/falsifying these claims so it's all up in the air.

He's definitely not unchanged though.

:059:

Linkshot

Smash Hero
G&W has received numerous changes. Bair and Nair have definitely been buffed and I think fsmash, Jab 1 and uair have been tweaked as well. I just have no way to prove it atm and nobody seems to be interested in verifying/falsifying these claims so it's all up in the air.

He's definitely not unchanged though.

:059:
http://opensa.dantarion.com/s4/raw/diff-128-144/gamewatch.html

I'm seeing changes in Jab 1, dTilt, fSmash?, nAir, bAir, uAir, and...something aesthetic (like a taunt/victory)

They look really subtle, like a 1-frame change or a bone shift.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom