• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament Mode [1.1.0] Community Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Because SDI.
I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that you can't SDI or Shield out of that.

And that still doesn't change the fact that the Miis are NOT the same, they've received quite a few buffs.

Last edited:

Schiffe

PK Love
NNID
Schiffe
This is completely balance un-related, but it's a game change (I suppose)

Something has been done to our lovely Wonder PInk trophy.

Can't confirm 100% what, but it may be texture changes

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
YOU CAN'T?!
I'm just gonna try not to get hit the whole time. Who does it work on?
It only seems to work with the smallest Swordfighter due to the least amount of endlag on Chakram, not sure who it does and does not work on though.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Welp, they still haven't fixed the upbs that take away the chars second jump if they still had it once they initiate the upb. Tink link greninja and pikachu all lose their second jump still. Maybe it is intentional? But why give this mechanic to the links? as if their recovery wasnt awful enough already...

Luig

Confused
And they still haven't fixed sonic's BSBS. If you use aerial spin dash or spin charge and land, if you jump out of it, even if you had your second jump when you use sd or sc, you lose it leading to many a self destruct.

Ike got buffed @leroyd64, Uair generally kills earlier now.

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
does anyone know if Ike got buffed or nerf im new to this board so ill dont really understand what is the growth knocback or base knocked , and the dthrow thing... THnks!
Ike got a minor buff. All you need to know is that Up-air kills earlier and Downthrow works properly on Mr. Game and Watch.

SUPER-FLAWLESS-9

Smash Rookie
NNID
SUPER-FLAWLESS-9
Hmmm... I did notice that luigi back air having electric too (DK has electric moves too). But I think Falco has the most. Can anyone confirm other characters having it?

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Can confirm Wizkick shield damage buff. When your character first recovers from a shieldbreak, their shield starts with 30 hp. Using the meteor hit of Wizkick (15% damage) on the shield, it'll instantly break, meaning it does 30 total damage to a shield now. Shield damage was changed from 10-15. This affects all types of Down-B.

I'm not totally positive on this one but it seems the Quake (the landing state from wizkick) doesn't shieldpoke as much, effectively giving Wizkick even more shield damage. I'm only hesitant to say this is confirmed because there was no hitbox change in the data which would've been obvious, but it may have been some other property being altered.

Aerial Wizkick + Quake is 40 shield damage :ganondorf:

One last change I'm not certain on. Ganondorf's F-air is 100% safe on block when fastfallen (tested jumping Oos, dash grabs, needles, and tethers, all were blocked/dodged. Used training mode at 1/4 speed to test). While the higher damage should cause higher shieldstun, this seems pretty drastic to simply be a result of increased damage causing higher shieldstun, so could anyone test if Ganon's F-air has less landing lag?
Pit's Fsmash does 15% uncharged and yet it breaks newly regenerated shields. Smash 4 shields are just weird.

RedBeefBaron

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redbeefbaron
Can anyone post some videos on new Lucas stuff? Like d tilt to grab and dtilt traps? I can't wait to get home and hit the lab with him, those changes look intense.

D

Deleted member

What are "Growth increases" to character attacks, specifically? Hitboxes? I'm referring to Mewtwo's patch notes here.

BigBr0123

Smash Rookie
They should've buffed jiggly and should've nerved luigi more by having his back air weaker and deal less damage and have his down B weaker. Also have his up smash have more cool down

D

Deleted member

Huh. My 3DS is on 1.0.0, so it's very possible this buff happened on an earlier patch. I was still under the impression neutral-aerial had 15 frames of landing before 1.1.0, and pre-Wii U landing lag reports had it at that too.
Toon Link main here. TL's nair has always been 12 feames since the game came out, I checked on it as soon as frame data was available for him and this patch is the first he's had any changes to frame data at all. Curious what's causing the difference in nair landing lag if nair really is still 12 frames.

Schiffe

PK Love
NNID
Schiffe
Any word on Link and ZSS? Can't get to my 3DS atm.
Link seems to have something different with his Up-B. Some properties have changed. What I noticed is that the coordinates of the hitbox are different.. and there's also something else that I cannot identify going with his Dash Grab and his Pivot Grab

What are "Growth increases" to character attacks, specifically? Hitboxes? I'm referring to Mewtwo's patch notes here.
The size of the hitbox/attack increased.

Never mind, They meant "KBG" by "Growth". Misunderstood. So the KBG increased, not the size

Last edited:

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Has someone already recorded this? Marth's upair is great now. https://vine.co/v/eX2lqV6pUBJ
All of that worked and comboed with the old 16 frames of landing lag. edit: and that could've been a Fair after the Bair, no need to put yourself into free-fall and get rid of more follow-ups

---------------------------------------------------------

@ Schiffe Schiffe I have a question on Marth's aerial DB while you're in this thread might as well ask someone who can find out. Does the extended timing for DB1, 2, and 3 also apply to aerial DB1? Aerial DB1 is pretty different and you would think they wouldn't do this (since using DB1 for recovery [which barely helps] would become a lot riskier with DB2 up suicides). Does it have the same input frames as DB1 ground or is it the old input frames still?

Last edited:

Luig

Confused
Luigi's back air does not use the electric effect, that is just a generic GFX that is used for almost every attack. True electric multiplies freeze frames by 1.5x and uses different SFX.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Does anyone know how much Phantom Slash's lag was reduced?

D

Deleted member 269706

Hate to be that guy, but can anyone explain to me what the stars (★) and little red * mean in the table?

Schiffe

PK Love
NNID
Schiffe
I think it is safe to assume that every "strong" attacks now have a new Electric-like effect appearing when that attack connects.

Tested this on various attacks that do not have any visual effects (such as Sonic's FSmash, or Mr.Game and Watch's USmash) and the bolts appeared on most of them...

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
It's like they don't nerf the things that need to be nerfed...
What really needs nerfing at this point though? The only things I can think of off the top of my head that would be worth considering are Sheik's needles, Rosa's uair, Pika's HSB custom, Ness' Backthrow, and Luigi's downthrow. That's about it, 5 moves in the whole game.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
@ Shaya Shaya Round 2 on the specifics of Zelda's changes: Phantom and co.

Code:
Phantom Slash
Minimum charge
    windbox
        wkb 0 -> 40
        kbg 0 -> 100
    hitbox
        x 14.0 - 20.0 -> 10.0 - 20.0
Medium charge
    windbox 1
        wkb 0 -> 55
        kbg 0 -> 100
    windbox 2/3
        wkb 20/9 -> 40/30
        x both 10.0 -> both 9.0 - 14.0 (stretchy hitbox)
    hitbox
        x 16.0 - 23.0 -> 12.0 - 23.0
Maximum charge
    windbox 1
        wkb 0 -> 60
        kbg 0 -> 100
    windbox 2/3
        wkb 25/12 -> 60/50
        x both 10.0 -> both 9.0 - 14.0 (stretchy hitbox)
        re-hit rate 5F -> 4F
    hit 1 hitbox
        x 2.0 - 15.0 -> -4.0 - 15.0

Phantom Breaker
Minimum charge
    windbox
        wkb 0 -> 40
        kbg 0 -> 100
    hitbox
        x 14.0 - 20.0 -> 10.0 -20.0
Medium charge
    windbox 1
        wkb 0 -> 55
        kbg 0 -> 100
    windbox 2/3
        wkb 20/9 -> 40/30
        x both 10.0 -> both 14.0
    hitbox
Maximum charge
    windbox 1
        wkb 0 -> 60
        kbg 0 -> 100
    windbox 2/3
        wkb 25/12 -> 60/50
        x both 10.0 -> both 14.0
        re-hit rate 5F -> 4F
    hit 1 hitbox

Phantom Strike
Minimum charge
    windbox
        wkb 0 -> 40
        kbg 0 -> 100
    hitbox
        x 14-20 -> 10-20
Medium charge
    windbox 1
        wkb 0 -> 55
        kbg 0 -> 100
    windbox 2/3
        x both 10.0 -> both 14.0
    hitbox
Maximum charge
    windbox 1
        wkb 0 -> 60
        kbg 0 -> 100
    windbox 2/3
        x both 10.0 -> both 14.0
        re-hit rate 5F -> 4F
    hit 1 hitbox
Once again it can be summed up:

- Windbox position and wkb adjustments to all charge variations reducing the blindspot in front of Zelda by 80%.
- Position adjustments/increases on all attack variations' hitboxes, removing the on-Phantom blind-spots.

Mid and Max charge Phantom's hitboxes were originally not far in enough and could whiff if you were moving into the Phantom as it attacked. In addition I believe they were also done to make it work correctly with the windbox fixes.

The only remaining thing to be actually checked is the FAF of Phantom Slash, which IS altered, but no specific number has been found as of yet.

Eureka

Smash Ace
What really needs nerfing at this point though? The only things I can think of off the top of my head that would be worth considering are Sheik's needles, Rosa's uair, Pika's HSB custom, Ness' Backthrow, and Luigi's downthrow. That's about it, 5 moves in the whole game.
And of all the things they pick Falcon's back air. It's not even like the up air change where you can kinda spin it as a buff, this is just a plain outright nerf. I'm almost convinced this is because of how well Caption Flacon does on For Glory, but even then it's still stupid because nerfing his back air isn't going to make stupid players not lose to Falcon. If they dare nerf the knee there will be riots.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Unfortunately I'm currently unable to test anything myself as I'm without my games. However I can say that sourspot FSmash has always done 14%.
Thanks for clarifying. It does send the opponent further away now, doesn't it? It kills opponents earlier so I assume it's an increase in KGB. Somebody who can read the data should really clarify this. There's a lot of changes to G&W that are worth noticing - you can tell that after you've played the character post-patch.

:059:

Wicks

Smash Rookie
Wii Fit Trainer:

The soccer ball from Header stays in play longer/takes longer to disappear. (Longer waiting period before she can fire a new one)

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
The only remaining thing to be actually checked is the FAF of Phantom Slash, which IS altered, but no specific number has been found as of yet.
Phantom Slash's total frames was reduced by 5 frames. Minimum charge total frames from 70 -> 65, max charge total frames from 178 -> 173.

Last edited:

Luig

Confused
It is easier to hit with now, the kb has not been changed though, so it still pretty much is ness's worst aerial.

However it now has actual use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom