• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament Mode [1.1.0] Community Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viewtiful Rain

Smash Cadet
NNID
RainAensland
3DS FC
4253-4551-9145
Rest in peace Fox jab lock, I'm not giving up on Fox though. I mean I understand the reasoning but if some characters can keep their tech almost intact, why can't Fox

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
@ LordWilliam1234 LordWilliam1234 if at all possible, could you check frame timings on Charizard/Yoshi/Mewtwo for me? I doubt there's anything more for them than what the datamine shows but I'd still like confirmation...

I also don't have access to a console so I can't check myself, so if anyone can test out and tell me exactly what the bair change for Yoshi is and if it can do similar things to Fox's fair that would be amazing.

ElDood

Smash Cadet
We at the Wario forums can confirm that Wario's dashing sourspot was changed. It no longer trips airborne opponents, however it allows Wario to catch opponents attempting to grab the ledge if timed correctly.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Be happy you have Shine back. lol
Not really. You can't jump out of it and the hitbox isn't as big nor does it come out nearly as fast.

On a more serious note. Roy. No landing lag buffs or anything? I'm surprised if that's the case. Especially for Dair. I guess you'd think he'd recieve similar landing lag buffs as Marth but I suppose it's not the case.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
We at the Wario forums can confirm that Wario's dashing sourspot was changed. It no longer trips airborne opponents, however it allows Wario to catch opponents attempting to grab the ledge if timed correctly.
That's the only change for Wario though, correct? There are no ending lag changes from what could see.

:059:

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Went through Link's frame data. His only changes, frame-wise, are hitlag-based:

F-smash 2: Self hit-lag reduced by 3 frames, 15 -> 12.

F-air, 2nd hit's self hit-lag reduced by 2 frames, 10 -> 8, which matches the first hit.

Spin Attack: Self hit-lag for uncharged version reduced by 3 frames, 14 -> 11. Fully charged version self hit-lag reduced by 4 frames, 19 -> 15.

It's not much but it makes us slightly safer on that stuff...but for F-smash 2 and Spin Attack, a few frames hardly matters.
What about the frame reduction on Pivot/Dash grab? Is that any different?

Snokros

Smash Cadet
could someone test if the shield recharge time is worse? im not noticing anything different tbh.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
On a more serious note. Roy. No landing lag buffs or anything? I'm surprised if that's the case. Especially for Dair. I guess you'd think he'd recieve similar landing lag buffs as Marth but I suppose it's not the case.
Nothing, from what I tested. Went through all of his moves alongside Marth's. Only actual changes to Roy I can find are those extra hitboxes on up-B.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
That's the only change for Wario though, correct? There are no ending lag changes from what could see.

It doesn't account for articles or IASA changes, so the Bike or some IASA may be different. Needs testing.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It doesn't account for articles or IASA changes, so the Bike or some IASA may be different. Needs testing.
Well, when I said "from what I could see" I meant "from what I could see in my testings". So for whatever it's worth I couldn't find any changes except the Dash Attack.

Wormy.EXE

Smash Rookie
NNID
Wormy567
Warning Received
Toon link's bombs can do 8 % if thrown directly on the floor of the stage. If the opponent is in the blast radius.

RedBeefBaron

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redbeefbaron
Lucas, Greninja and Marth get extensive buffs but Roy is unchanged?

The larger community's incorrect perception of viability seems to really matter in these balance patches.

Then again Samus was ignored...

Edit: OR WAS SHE? Placebo on missile speed im guessing?

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Anyone want to confirm any of these minor changes?
back air has electricity when it hits now. Sweet spot. Up air has a different animation now.
Dair, Bair, Up air, F-tilt, and all smashes have electrical accents upon contact now. A welcome but redundant change. :(
It might just be Wii U only changes since Captain Rage Quit 69 didn't see anything different between his 3DSes. If these are true, then Falco's a Thunderbird. Now if only he was as fast as one...
Unfortunately I can't check that for sure, but graphical effect changes are very insignificant anyway and don't affect the move itself, which seems unchanged otherwise.

In fact as far as I can tell Falco is unchanged, but I heard rumors of his fair landing lag being reduced. Anyone wanna help me verify that?

Last edited:

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie
If they actually changed that but didn't make Fire Bird THUNDER BIRD then wtf

SUPER-FLAWLESS-9

Smash Rookie
NNID
SUPER-FLAWLESS-9
The only change Falco obtained is that Dair, Bair, Up air, F-tilt, and all smashes have electrical accents upon contact now. A welcome but redundant change; might as well add it to the list.

EDIT: Go ahead try it everyone!

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Here are changes I could find for G&W so far:

- Jab 1: This move has been changed according to Dantarion's data but it's hard to say in what way. Somebody who can read it should be able to see what it is though. Apart from that it looks like the ending lag is lower - it's very easy to jab cancel jab 1 into itself now. But apparently Dant's info doesn't contain endling lag so there has to be more changes to it.

- Nair: The knockback has been changed. The outer hitboxes 'suck' the opponent inwards now instead of popping him out. Some hitboxes even send the opponent straight downward into the ground. If you autocancel nair halfway through its animation you can combo into stuff with it.

- Fsmash: The sourspot hitbox does way more knockback now and by extension I believe the damage has been increased as well. It does 14% in training mode now which I don't think it used to in previous versions of the game. The sweetspot appears to be unchanged.

- Bair: Landing lag decreased but I have no way to measure by how many frames. It's very easy to see though and has been confirmed by the G&W community as well. It can even combo into stuff now if you cancel it at the right moment. As with jab, there could be more changes to it as it is also incuded in Dantarion's data dump. Perhaps the hitboxes link better now?

- Dtilt: I only mention this move because Dantarion's data says that this move has been altered. I couldn't find a difference.

- Uair: The winboxes are noticeably different. Again somebody who can read the Data from Dantarion should be able to see what it is.

I hope @ Kofu Kofu can add/confirm stuff because I feel like there's a LOT of changes to G&W and I probably missed a lot of things. Character is completely different now.

Unfortunately I'm currently unable to test anything myself as I'm without my games. However I can say that sourspot FSmash has always done 14%.

@ LordWilliam1234 LordWilliam1234 thanks for the confirmation on his BAir change, means it now functions like Jr.'s DAir. Would you mind testing the other aerials landing lag and IASA on jab (both jab to other attacks and to the rapid jab) and DTilt as well?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
If they actually changed that but didn't make Fire Bird THUNDER BIRD then wtf
Off-topic, but someone way back before Falco was confirmed in Smash suggested that Falco's Fire Bird be changed to be Thunder Bird purely to make him different from Fox and well, multi-hits and electricity? Yeah, makes sense. That and Star Fox Zero was influenced by the Thunderbirds show which has pilots flying high tech ships. Makes even more sense since Falco's (supposedly) an ace pilot.

The only change Falco obtained is that Dair, Bair, Up air, F-tilt, and all smashes have electrical accents upon contact now. A welcome but redundant change; might as well add it to the list.
I'm asking for a side-by-side gif of at least one of those. They're such minor changes that it's not going to be immediately noticed. They might even been there in past versions, but not as pronounced. I'm going to assume this recent match was with the current patch, but it doesn't help when there is the kill sparks, so it's probably overshadowed by that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdlzF92jZtw.

InkSho

Smash Rookie
NNID
Minamimot0
can we get some research on luigis dthrow, it seems people are bouncing too far to do some combos such as the fair nair regrab repeat on falcon

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Yo, why aren't Mii changes in the OP?

Notable changes include: Swordfighter is top tier now.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Never mind, the electrical stuff? Yeah, probably universal since I just looked at an older video with Ally's Falco and compared with Rice's Falco. It's probably a "missing" visual effect since Luigi's Bair in the Rice video had sparks as well. I'm going to assume moves with clean hits and late hits have the spark to subtly tell you that you hit with the clean hit. Should we add this to changes to Falco? Yes and no. Yes, because there is a change, but it could just be chalked up as "missing visuals added" or something. No, because it has no impact on the game itself. If Falco's moves did have electrical elements, then there's probably going to be some impact or not and it's just "moves gained electric element". I mean, what does the darkness and slash element even do besides visual and audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom