• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament Mode [1.1.0] Community Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

TriTails

Smash Lord
How many characters will trip to up b kill before the trip will begin failing? The video showed it killing mewtwo who is an ultra lightweight.

If the hitboxes were enlarged I'm much more interested in dthrow to up b than trip to up b.
Haven't tested yet, but if it's perfectly executed then the disrespect + merit are pretty dang high.

Well, yes, the hitboxes were enlarged once again.

Grounded: 1.7u -> 2.2u
Aerial: 2.2u -> 2.7u

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Now, when wii fit trainer cancels the header with a air dodge, the ball falls a lot slower, which means she can hit it with a move and use the ball as a fast projectile that offers stage control and can edgeguard

Last edited:

Nelkoy

Smash Cadet
May I ask why Marth and Lucina are not separated? They have noticeable differences after all.
I was wondering exactly the same. No sense to put them together.

Edit. Anyone notice this? Mii Swordfighter has a imba combo now.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
May I ask why Marth and Lucina are not separated? They have noticeable differences after all.
Different characters of course, but they've seemingly had the same things changed, so instead of having two sections that say the same things and only serve to clutter the OP post it makes sense to just lump them together.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I haven't played since forever and I know nothing about Yoshi, but if Yoshi's Bair does indeed have autolink angles now, he can Bair spike like Fox Fair spiking. Have fun setting up Up Smashes.

Last edited:

(Air)

Smash Rookie
NNID
lLifeAmazesJay
3DS FC
1865-0896-9011
Fox's jablock didn't get completely nerfed. It got nerfed whereas you can't jab lock someone across the stage or at higher percents jab lock for an easy up smash (such as jab jab up smash) but it still works if you jab jab and up smash during a dash. You can still use it 2-4 times depending on on the character at 0%. Around the 40-50%'s that's when it seems to only work up to 2 times and every percent afterwards it's 1-2 times slowly becoming 1 as it approaches 100%. I tested it on Ganondorf, Lucina and Captain Falcon.

Overall the nerf isn't terrible for Fox players (unless you only used jab lock for everything)

Nelkoy

Smash Cadet
Fox's jablock didn't get completely nerfed. It got nerfed whereas you can't jab lock someone across the stage or at higher percents jab lock for an easy up smash (such as jab jab up smash) but it still works if you jab jab and up smash during a dash. You can still use it 2-4 times depending on on the character at 0%. Around the 40-50%'s that's when it seems to only work up to 2 times and every percent afterwards it's 1-2 times slowly becoming 1 as it approaches 100%. I tested it on Ganondorf, Lucina and Captain Falcon.

Overall the nerf isn't terrible for Fox players (unless you only used jab lock for everything)
Now the jab cancel > upsmash is easier to connect it seems, so as a ex-Fox mainer, I would be ok with that.

It's still not that big of a deal
Well, I don't play Lucina and Marth, so if the mainers don't care, I guess everything is ok :) Still seems weird for me, tho.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Has Rosalina received any changes? So far, none have been reported.
http://opensa.dantarion.com/s4/raw/diff-128-144/rosetta.html is blank, so nothing, unless there was frame data changes

If the changes were the same, I wouldn't mind at all. But they aren't, so it's a quite confusing :/
Their changes are the same, though, except for damage; and only two moves have damage changes, compared to the seven moves with frame data changes. So it's just easier to share the majority info, and annotate the differences, than list the same thing twice.

(Air)

Smash Rookie
NNID
lLifeAmazesJay
3DS FC
1865-0896-9011
Maybe it's be
Now the jab cancel > upsmash is easier to connect it seems, so as a ex-Fox mainer, I would be ok with that.

Well, I don't play Lucina and Marth, so if the mainers don't care, I guess everything is ok :) Still seems weird for me, tho.
Yea it does connect easier. Maybe it's because I rarely used his shine to actually set up combos as a mixup but the knockback seems different and by different in mean increased. Also his laser end lag seems to be reduced and if you double jab before he puts the gun back in the holster its even faster

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
First post is wrong about Luigi's d-tilt angle, it changed from 74 to 361, not the other way around. Also, grounded up special 1's BKB was increased from 40 to 50.

Glad to see him being hit both ways this patch. Also, Doc's u-smash being buffed after that silly angle change.

Last edited:

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Can we call this a confirmation of some sort of B-air lag buff? The GW community has already found there is a lag buff, but I don't know by how much. This has never been a true combo for us, but I'm now very thankful that it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzf0FuUBEjk&index=2&list=PLqGZXxzwXNWQ_kFEGwM4rEzA209SwvMwH
G&W's landing lag on b-air is still 19 frames.

However, if the landing hitbox connects (either on hit or on shield), that landing lag gets cut down to 14 frames now. Unfortunately I didn't record this properly in 1.08 (wasn't aware of that sort of thing existing for G&W) so I can't confirm whether this is 1.10 specific or it existed in previous versions.

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie

However, if the landing hitbox connects (either on hit or on shield), that landing lag gets cut down to 14 frames now. Unfortunately I didn't record this properly in 1.08 (wasn't aware of that sort of thing existing for G&W) so I can't confirm whether this is 1.10 specific or it existed in previous versions.
Isn't that how Falco's f-air works too?

Sixell

Smash Cadet

I have both versions. I can check and see if this is a new change or not. Or someone in the GW boards can. But from Dantarion's raw data, we know that Bair, Jab 1, Uair, Nair, Dtilt, and Fsmash have been changed somehow, but we don't know exactly how. Thanks for the info though!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Now, when wii fit trainer cancels the header with a air dodge, the ball falls a lot slower, which means she can hit it with a move and use the ball as a fast projectile that offers stage control and can edgeguard
It's not the ball that's changed. The recovery animation when landing from the cancel is much quicker now.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
So I went through and translated all of the WFT patch notes.... and then I noticed @Lavani did it 6 hours earlier. I have a couple questions for Lavani (or anyone else who knows how to read the patch code) though:

1) Lavani's notes say KBG is mislabelled on Fair. I interpreted it as just being in a different order and the label being what mattered; is it in fact the order of the numbers that matters? My notes had BKB increase for foot hitbox and KBG increase for other hitboxes. I'm inclined to believe Lavani is correct just because I'm new to this.
edit: same for Bair

2) Is "AsynchronousTimer" a frame counter before/after hitboxes/other events? Because there's 2 AsynchronousTimer lines removed from the start of Usmash and nothing to replace them:
-AsynchronousTimer(7.0f)
-AsynchronousTimer(9.0f)
I interpreted this as a 16 frame startup reduction but you don't mention any timing differences in your notes. I'm probably wrong (that would be a massive change), but could you tell me why I'm wrong? If my original interpretation was not wrong though then the startup would have gone from 35f to 19f.

My notes for what it's worth, but as mentioned it's probably not exactly correct and Lavani already posted the full notes:
http://pastebin.com/43iA14dT
(I failed the math on the AsynchronousTimer for Usmash here, should be 35->19 not 36->20)
(edit: I also forgot the hitbox changes on the 2nd part of Usmash)

Last edited:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Here are changes I could find for G&W so far:

- Jab 1: This move has been changed according to Dantarion's data but it's hard to say in what way. Somebody who can read it should be able to see what it is though. Apart from that it looks like the ending lag is lower - it's very easy to jab cancel jab 1 into itself now. But apparently Dant's info doesn't contain endling lag so there has to be more changes to it.

- Nair: The knockback has been changed. The outer hitboxes 'suck' the opponent inwards now instead of popping him out. Some hitboxes even send the opponent straight downward into the ground. If you autocancel nair halfway through its animation you can combo into stuff with it.

- Fsmash: The sourspot hitbox does way more knockback now and by extension I believe the damage has been increased as well. It does 14% in training mode now which I don't think it used to in previous versions of the game. The sweetspot appears to be unchanged.

- Bair: Landing lag decreased but I have no way to measure by how many frames. It's very easy to see though and has been confirmed by the G&W community as well. It can even combo into stuff now if you cancel it at the right moment. As with jab, there could be more changes to it as it is also incuded in Dantarion's data dump. Perhaps the hitboxes link better now?

- Dtilt: I only mention this move because Dantarion's data says that this move has been altered. I couldn't find a difference.

- Uair: The winboxes are noticeably different. Again somebody who can read the Data from Dantarion should be able to see what it is.

I hope @Kofu can add/confirm stuff because I feel like there's a LOT of changes to G&W and I probably missed a lot of things. Character is completely different now.

:059:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
mostly a placebo effect but I need a confirm visual since the Dant site dont say anything:

Jrs SideB seems to have less knockback growth and higher regular knockback in terms of his speed.
in my experience, a Min speed SideB can easy hit Captain Falcon into a True Combo UpB at 130% while his Max Speed SideB will result a completely miss at 130% with no DI. now you can do a True Combo UpB at 130% both Min Speed and Max Speed with no DI

most likely a placebo but I need confirm at this since "speed relative" stuff are often about from the modules and not the fighter file itself

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Guys, I know we're all happy for DK, but don't show it please. If we do, Nintendo will come take it away from us. Also, the one shown with Sheik doesn't account for Rage sadly. Still, DK hype tho.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Are there any global changes anyone can see?
I'm looking for stuff like airdodges not coming out 7 frames earlier than the combo counter indicates at high % in training mode "true combo" and changes to teching grounded meteor smashes, like making them harder/more precise to execute.
I'm fishing in a sea of desperation now, I know but if someone were to confirm any global changes I would be very grateful.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Of yeah now I remember why I swept through the pages starting from my last post.

It was confirmed by @KuroganeHammer that Zelda's Utilt FAF was brought from 33 –> 30.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Confirming the Wario Dash Attack change:

Sourspot hitbox went from ground-only to ground/air. In some previous patch (1.08, I think), this was changed from ground/air to ground-only, making it so that hitting people as they snapped to the ledge became impossible. It's back again.

This is technically not a full-blown buff, as it could previously be used on landing opponents to get a trip state by being under them as they land. That's no longer possible because an air hit will not cause the opponent to trip.

Last edited:

iDarkLink

Smash Rookie
NNID
iDarkLinkGraal
3DS FC
0173-1601-0584
Can anyone see if Pac-Man has any alterations whatsoever?

Ike651

Smash Rookie
NNID
Soulstealer681
3DS FC
3050-8826-3240
so what are the changes to :4myfriends:

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Tagging @ Shaya Shaya again, but I got some footage of the airstall bugfix for shuriken.

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
Can confirm Wizkick shield damage buff. When your character first recovers from a shieldbreak, their shield starts with 30 hp. Using the meteor hit of Wizkick (15% damage) on the shield, it'll instantly break, meaning it does 30 total damage to a shield now. Shield damage was changed from 10-15. This affects all types of Down-B.

I'm not totally positive on this one but it seems the Quake (the landing state from wizkick) doesn't shieldpoke as much, effectively giving Wizkick even more shield damage. I'm only hesitant to say this is confirmed because there was no hitbox change in the data which would've been obvious, but it may have been some other property being altered.

Aerial Wizkick + Quake is 40 shield damage :ganondorf:

One last change I'm not certain on. Ganondorf's F-air is 100% safe on block when fastfallen (tested jumping Oos, dash grabs, needles, and tethers, all were blocked/dodged. Used training mode at 1/4 speed to test). While the higher damage should cause higher shieldstun, this seems pretty drastic to simply be a result of increased damage causing higher shieldstun, so could anyone test if Ganon's F-air has less landing lag?

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Went through Link's frame data. His only changes, frame-wise, are hitlag-based:

F-smash 2: Self hit-lag reduced by 3 frames, 15 -> 12.

F-air, 2nd hit's self hit-lag reduced by 2 frames, 10 -> 8, which matches the first hit.

Spin Attack: Self hit-lag for uncharged version reduced by 3 frames, 14 -> 11. Fully charged version self hit-lag reduced by 4 frames, 19 -> 15.

It's not much but it makes us slightly safer on that stuff...but for F-smash 2 and Spin Attack, a few frames hardly matters.

Dogmaster

Smash Cadet
Went through Link's frame data. His only changes, frame-wise, are hitlag-based:

F-smash 2: Self hit-lag reduced by 3 frames, 15 -> 12.

F-air, 2nd hit's self hit-lag reduced by 2 frames, 10 -> 8, which matches the first hit.

Spin Attack: Self hit-lag for uncharged version reduced by 3 frames, 14 -> 11. Fully charged version self hit-lag reduced by 4 frames, 19 -> 15.

It's not much but it makes us slightly safer on that stuff...but for F-smash 2 and Spin Attack, a few frames hardly matters.

Have the other changes to link been looked into? I even saw people claiming upb goes higher now and frame changes to grabs

Last edited:

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
I dunno about up-b going higher. But in terms of start-up and endlag/landing lag, as well as shieldstun/hitlag and the like, the stuff I listed is the only things that changed for him.

If he got any other changes it's physics related, damage/knockback, active frames, or hitboxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom