• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament Mode [1.1.0] Community Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Copying in here the numbers I got for Marth's landing/ending lag changes:

U-tilt: Now lasts a total of 36 frames, down from 39 (FAF 37, down from 40)

F-air: Now 16 frames landing lag, down from 18
U-air: Now 14 frames landing lag, down from 16
D-air: Now 24 frames landing lag, down from 28

Shield Breaker: Now lasts a total of 50 frames uncharged, down from 52 (FAF 51, down from 53)
Dolphin Slash: Now 20 frames landing lag, down from 23

If anyone wants to double-check these numbers, be my guest.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
To add onto the Yoshi bair change, I believe they gave it a QoL change similar to Falco's Nair in the previous patch.
Basically a windbox I believe after looking at it for a bit.

That's kinda cool, sucks about no pivot grab or fair buffs but one step at a time?

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Here's some more comparisons by me. It isn't perfect and the quality is low but it's here to note that something is definitely different. Top is 1.1.0 patch, bottom is 1.0.0.

Pit's Arrows have reduced cool-down.

Luigi's down-tilt has reduced cool-down.

Marth's forward-aerial, back-aerial, up-aerial, down-aerial and Dolphin Slash landing lag reduced.

Toon Link's neutral-aerial landing lag reduced.

I can also say that Sheik's forward-aerial does not appear to have any landing increase. It seems to be exactly the same.

RedBeefBaron

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redbeefbaron
Did shiek needles get an adjustment or no?

Liking the patch a lot so far. I'm happy with the diddy and Lucas buffs.

I'm ****in thrilled with greninja's changes.

As much as I like Luigi he definitely needed to be addressed in some way and it looks like he'll still be fine so I can accept this.

Derpy J

Smash Rookie
NNID
Derpy64
3DS FC
0259-1558-9987
Warning Received
lets just say the truth the fact that robins down b has been changed is a good send I loved smash robin...at first then every character sends that man to the abyss and it's sad really so yea robin is still kinda bad but at least he's making his way up there!

TriTails

Smash Lord
Luigi was buffed actually. From what I can gather. We just need to adapt to the new Fireball end lag timing and we should be fine.

D-tilt trip to FJP OMG.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Robin definitely got some endlag removed from his thunder spells. Proof being you can arcthunder fsmash point blank now. Before that was not possible. @Raziek can confirm.

Last edited:

-Xeroskia.

Octoling Wizard
NNID
ColeXero
Switch FC
3334-3736-0319
Is there any confirmed proof of slower shield regeneration or any other full-system changes that affect all characters? Just curious.

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
Is there any confirmed proof of slower shield regeneration or any other full-system changes that affect all characters? Just curious.
Would appreciate someone making a side-by-side comparison. Shield a Warlock Punch, wait a couple seconds, shield again, something like that.

Fujiwara

Smash Apprentice
Here's some more comparisons by me. It isn't perfect and the quality is low but it's here to note that something is definitely different. Top is 1.1.0 patch, bottom is 1.0.0.

Pit's Arrows have reduced cool-down..
What's about the traveling-speed of the arrows? As far as I can see they are a little bit faster now.

Furret24

Smash Master
:4gaw:'s Back Air has been confirmed to have less landing lag.

His data dumps have found unknown changes for the following moves. (1.1.0 compared to 1.0.4)
Jab
Neutral Air
Up Air
Down Tilt
Forward Smash

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
According to the Robin boards, the endlag on Arcthunder (and possibly Elthunder) has been reduced by quite a bit.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
If they actually changed duck hunt's fsmash like people are saying I've lost total faith in nintendo.

It still whiffs, the first shot is still a 50/50 of being low or high thus 50/50 of actually hitting them unless they air dodge into the ground, the only benefit of having slightly larger 2nd/3rd shots is ledge/platform coverage, and punishing very very bad spacing.

If they just gave him some sort of good meaty hitbox of death to make people actually think before airdodging he'd be fine.

Schiffe

PK Love
NNID
Schiffe
:4gaw:'s Back Air has been confirmed to have less landing lag.

His data dumps have found unknown changes for the following moves. (1.1.0 compared to 1.0.4)
Jab
Neutral Air
Up Air
Down Tilt
Forward Smash
Someone has confirmed this last balance patch.

Also, 1.0.4 and 1.1.0 have quite a difference.. shouldn't you be comparing 1.0.8/1.0.7 to 1.1.0?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
To add onto the Yoshi bair change, I believe they gave it a QoL change similar to Falco's Nair in the previous patch.
Basically a windbox I believe after looking at it for a bit.

That's kinda cool, sucks about no pivot grab or fair buffs but one step at a time?
Every time someone says Falco's Nair has a windbox, I want to strangle someone... Yoshi's Bair either has autolink angles added or knockback was changed - maybe it has weighted knockback for the looping hits. I'm going to assume autolink angles because of that "windbox".

TriTails

Smash Lord
Every time someone says Falco's Nair has a windbox, I want to strangle someone... Yoshi's Bair either has autolink angles added or knockback was changed - maybe it has weighted knockback for the looping hits. I'm going to assume autolink angles because of that "windbox".
And speaking of YOUR character. Was he unchanged? From what you can feel?

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Someone has confirmed this last balance patch.

Also, 1.0.4 and 1.1.0 have quite a difference.. shouldn't you be comparing 1.0.8/1.0.7 to 1.1.0?
I wasn't directly comparing the two, just checking which moves were referenced here. I don't think the changes are anything huge, since they're all basically the same change (my guess is how it calls for the articles used in those attacks). If you have any input, do share.

Would also like some checking on landing lag numbers.

Schiffe

PK Love
NNID
Schiffe
I wasn't directly comparing the two, just checking which moves were referenced here. I don't think the changes are anything huge, since they're all basically the same change (my guess is how it calls for the articles used in those attacks). If you have any input, do share.

Would also like some checking on landing lag numbers.
I'll definetly check for those once I come back home. This damned phone cannot read these files for whatever reason

Last edited:

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
@ LordWilliam1234 LordWilliam1234 I guess if anyone's going to get this out of the way... I might as well ask. You mind checking out for frame data changes on Sheik first? Data dumps don't tell us anything in that regard so yeah, I think we'd all really appreciate it.
Will check her data next then. Just gonna go through Link's first though real quick, he being my main and all.

Shield Breaker: Now lasts a total of 50 frames uncharged, down from 52 (FAF 51, down from 53)

Can confirm that all of these are accurate.

Pit's Arrows have reduced cool-down.

Luigi's down-tilt has reduced cool-down.

Marth's forward-aerial, back-aerial, up-aerial, down-aerial and Dolphin Slash landing lag reduced.

Toon Link's neutral-aerial landing lag reduced.

I can also say that Sheik's forward-aerial does not appear to have any landing increase. It seems to be exactly the same.
Pit's arrow total frames (uncharged) reduced by 3 frames, 61 -> 58.

Luigi's d-tilt total frames reduced by 3 frames, 29 -> 26.

Marth's b-air landing lag reduced by 2 frames, 19 -> 17. See above for the others.

Toon Link's n-air landing lag is unchanged. It's still 12 frames.

(Perhaps this was a 3DS specific fix? Since your vid is showing a clear difference between the two, but I'm not seeing one between two Wii U versions)

Last edited:

Tornado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEF5Tornado
I don't have any numbers to back this up, just observation through a match just now.

It appears Kirby's side+b hammer charge has insane super armor during charge. As a pacman, none of my fruits were able to knock him out of the charge which caused me to have to run for the hills because what else can I do?

Hopefully somebody who plays as kirby can back this up.

Edit: Now that I've already submitted this post, there may or may not be an explanation for it. I was playing tournament mode and it allowed customs. I have 0 clue what Kirby's customs are so maybe kirby has a custom that gives super armor to his side+B?

Last edited:

RedBeefBaron

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redbeefbaron
Luigi was buffed actually. From what I can gather. We just need to adapt to the new Fireball end lag timing and we should be fine.

D-tilt trip to FJP OMG.
The trip chance seems pretty low to me after some light testing. Anyone got some concrete numbers on this?

Also don't moves like this fail to trip past a certain percent due to the increased kb? I believe DK's d tilt works like this.

In any event I think Luigis will end up missing the old dtilt trajectory for resetting combos/regrabbing and setting up f smash. Too early to say for sure though.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
And speaking of YOUR character. Was he unchanged? From what you can feel?
I have no idea since I haven't even downloaded the patch since I was busy yesterday. I thought it would come out today and not yesterday.

How does falco NOT have a windbox? You can go through people with a rising nair and watch as they follow your direction while missing hits.
Read this: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Autolink_angle.

Autolink angles explain why many multi-hit moves like Fox's Fair, Zelda's Nair, Ike's Aether, and with patches, Falco's Nair and possibly Yoshi's Bair hit so well. They also explain Fox's Fair spikes and Falco's rising Nair issues. Hitbox-wise, Fox's Fair is larger than Falco's Nair and when Falco is jumping up that high, that quickly, and with a small hitbox, the game can't properly connect all the hits, but since Nair has autolink angles, people get dragged up with him. There has never been nor will there be a windbox on Falco's Nair or anything really. If there was, then Falco, Fox, Zelda, Ike, Yoshi, and plenty more have windboxes on their multi-hit moves.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
:4wiifitm:

Utilt - damaged increased from 8 to 10

Fsmash - hitbox sizes increased

Usmash - hitbox size increased, KBG increased, KBG increased by 2 on all hitboxes

Dsmash - damage increased from 10/8 12/10, KBG increased 107→110

Nair - 1st hit hitbox size increased, 2nd hit knockback growth increased, KGB increased by 2 on all hitboxes

Fair - KBG increased by 2 on all hitboxes

Bair - KBG increased by 2 on all hitboxes

Uair- KBG increased by 2 on all hitboxes

Dair - knockback growth increased by 2, late hit base knockback increased

Standing grab, Dash Grab, Pivot Grab - hitbox lowered

Header - KBG increased by 1 on all hitboxes and custom variations

Header Cancel recovery drastically reduced

Header(ball) health increased

Default and Sweeping Sun healing buffed by 1%

Deep Breathing buffed (something around an additional .30%)

Bribery

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bribery
3DS FC
3626-0596-6286
I don't have any numbers to back this up, just observation through a match just now.

It appears Kirby's side+b hammer charge has insane super armor during charge. As a pacman, none of my fruits were able to knock him out of the charge which caused me to have to run for the hills because what else can I do?

Hopefully somebody who plays as kirby can back this up.

Edit: Now that I've already submitted this post, there may or may not be an explanation for it. I was playing tournament mode and it allowed customs. I have 0 clue what Kirby's customs are so maybe kirby has a custom that gives super armor to his side+B?
Yes, Kirby's custom Side B3 (Giant Hammer) has Super Armor during the charge. It always had this so it's nothing new.

Last edited:

TriTails

Smash Lord
The trip chance seems pretty low to me after some light testing. Anyone got some concrete numbers on this?

Also don't moves like this fail to trip past a certain percent due to the increased kb? I believe DK's d tilt works like this.

In any event I think Luigis will end up missing the old dtilt trajectory for resetting combos/regrabbing and setting up f smash. Too early to say for sure though.
Trippings seem to be pretty often at low percents.

Yes, it fails to do the trip after mid percents.

I already have. Though, we may just need to see how this new trajectory works out. Old D-tilt was too laggy to be true combo'd, and people can just jump away to avoid most followups.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
What's about the traveling-speed of the arrows? As far as I can see they are a little bit faster now.
I can't tell any noticeable difference side-by-side.

Can you please compare Samus? So far she got absolutely nothing.
I was really hoping she'd get some buffs, but I wasn't able to notice anything different with Samus.

Toon Link's n-air landing lag is unchanged. It's still 12 frames. (Perhaps this was a 3DS specific fix? Since your vid is showing a clear difference between the two, but I'm not seeing one between two Wii U versions)
Huh. My 3DS is on 1.0.0, so it's very possible this buff happened on an earlier patch. I was still under the impression neutral-aerial had 15 frames of landing before 1.1.0, and pre-Wii U landing lag reports had it at that too.

D

Deleted member

Looks like my frantic predicting and begging on my old shut-down thread was (sort of) correct! All we probably need would some shenanigans with Marth's down throw, right? Please tell me I am not the only one hoping for down throw combo throw.

I will be recording and dissecting this patch and last patch, frame-by-frame, to check for possible total frame/landing lag changes on anybody later today. I may or may not post them, just due to my sheer procrastination abilities.

RedBeefBaron

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redbeefbaron
Trippings seem to be pretty often at low percents.

Yes, it fails to do the trip after mid percents.

I already have. Though, we may just need to see how this new trajectory works out. Old D-tilt was too laggy to be true combo'd, and people can just jump away to avoid most followups.
How many characters will trip to up b kill before the trip will begin failing? The video showed it killing mewtwo who is an ultra lightweight.

If the hitboxes were enlarged I'm much more interested in dthrow to up b than trip to up b.

Funbot28

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AlwaysDOMINATE
:4diddy:Diddy Kong

• Down Smash knockback growth on both hits increased 69/74 → 72/76

So is this finally a buff for Diddy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom