• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament Mode [1.1.0] Community Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
:4lucas:Lucas
  • Forward Air damage increased 8% → 9%
  • Forward Tilt
    • Sweet spot hitbox size increased 4.0 → 4.4
    • Sour spot hitbox size increased 2.0u → 2.2u; horizontal? displacement 1.6 → 0
  • Down Tilt
    • Far hitbox horizontal displacement 7.0 → 7.2
    • Middle hitbox angle altered 0° → 40°, growth reduced 50 → 45, horizontal displacement 2.7 → 3.0
    • Close hitbox angle altered 70 → 76, base increased 10 → 18, y/z? displacement 0 → 3.5
  • Grab (All)
    • Grab Box (early) size increased 2.5 → 3.0
    • Grab Box (late) size increased 2.4 → 2.8
So I think I've decrypted the entirety of Lucas' change file.
Hopefully someone else hadn't yet.

Forward tilt sweetspot will now be more common/composes more space
Down tilt is bigger with knockback properties altered on close and middle hits
and all three grabs have larger 'grab' boxes (I think).

Also as Lavani mentioned the order of values in the dumps aren't consistent and also sometimes the wrong way around. So VUGH.
best attempts are better than none!

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Can someone quote me with general Zelda changes?
The ones in the OP, plus:

Phantom Slash (and customs) now has a windbox which prevents there from being a blind spot (Confirmed)
Phantom Slash (and customs) has less end lag (Unconfirmed)
Up tilt has less cooldown (Unconfirmed)

This is all I've heard so far. If anyone wants to confirm the last two changes, feel free. And can the first change be added to the OP? It's an immediately obvious change that has been confirmed by many users including myself. It's just not there because it's a projectile and is thus not included in the data dump.

Last edited:

TriTails

Smash Lord
So Luigi recieved the most change of all characters according to Dantarion's data dumps.

Is there any more Luigi stuffs we are missing? D-tilt seem to have less end lag.

Last edited:

Luigi player

Smash Master
:4lucas:Lucas
  • Forward Air damage increased 8% → 9%
  • Forward Tilt
    • Sweet spot hitbox size increased 4.0 → 4.4
    • Sour spot hitbox size increased 2.0u → 2.2u; horizontal? displacement 1.6 → 0
  • Down Tilt
    • Far hitbox horizontal displacement 7.0 → 7.2
    • Middle hitbox angle altered 0° → 40°, growth reduced 50 → 45, horizontal displacement 2.7 → 3.0
    • Close hitbox angle altered 70 → 76, base increased 10 → 18, y/z? displacement 0 → 3.5
  • Grab (All)
    • Grab Box (early) size increased 2.5 → 3.0
    • Grab Box (late) size increased 2.4 → 2.8
So I think I've decrypted the entirety of Lucas' change file.
Hopefully someone else hadn't yet.

Forward tilt sweetspot will now be more common/composes more space
Down tilt is bigger with knockback properties altered on close and middle hits
and all three grabs have larger 'grab' boxes (I think).

Also as Lavani mentioned the order of values in the dumps aren't consistent and also sometimes the wrong way around. So VUGH.
Fair hitbox size got smaller too (by 0.5):
Size=3.79999995232f -> Size=3.29999995232f
And it got positioned further up down(?) it seems: Y=1.0f -> Y=2.90000009537f

So Luigi recieved the most change of all characters according to Dantarion's data dumps.

Is there any more Luigi stuffs we are missing? D-tilt seem to have less end lag.
Luigi apparently still has changes for:

jab1
jab2
ftilt (upangled)
ftilt
ftilt (downangled)

Don't know what they are though.
Though for jabs it seems they have less hitstun or something, cpus weirdly came out sometimes if I didn't mash them as fast as possible, but maybe it was always like that...

Last edited:

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
As far as Shulk's changes go, I made a post here, converting all the hex values from the U-Air changes into decimal values, using the dump posted earlier. I don't know how to interpret these numbers, however, but if someone can, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Fujiwara

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me or are Pits Arrows a little bit faster in their first stage? Would guess around 5-10% faster.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
As I only have a 1.0.0 3DS and an updated Wii U to compare things, I'd really like someone else to test if this was a 1.1.0 change or just a forgotten buff in a previous patch.

Shulk's dash attack definitely has decreased ending lag.

Last edited:

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
Source: http://opensa.dantarion.com/s4/raw/diff-128-144/palutena.html
(i got this from the palutena social thread, dunno who the original poster is)

-Spot dodge: 9f - 28f ---> 6f -19f
-Rolls: 7f - 20f ---> 6f - 17f
-Air dodge: 7f - 20f ---> 7f - 23f
(Her spot dodge and rolls are slightly quicker, and her air dodge is slightly longer)
-F-tilt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UetzgKS-qQ changed from a 3 hit move (6% + 4% + 6% = 16%) to a 2 hit move (6% + 6% = 12%) and has lowered base knockback, so the two hits connect a little easier. The hitbox size was increased slightly.
-F-air: 7% -> 8%
-N-Air: slight increase to the sizes on the non-final hitboxes.

In addition there was something added to D-tilt (05D - AttackLw3 - F252F718) and her grabs (Catch) but I'm not able to determine what they are.

nerdbot

Smash Rookie
Not sure if this was reported but it looks like Mewtwo's Shadow Ball ****S UP shields now. Saw this in a tourney: https://vine.co/v/eXUEvQvYEdr

Not sure what's exactly going on in this video but I thought I'd share it and let the experts figure out the specifics of what the **** this is.

it's custom parts. my bad

Last edited:

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Not sure if this was reported but it looks like Mewtwo's Shadow Ball ****S UP shields now. Saw this in a tourney: https://vine.co/v/eXUEvQvYEdr

Not sure what's exactly going on in this video but I thought I'd share it and let the experts figure out the specifics of what the **** this is.
Well the shadow ball always did do a lot of shield damage but breaking a full shield?! Hot Dang.

WRECK-IT MUNDO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
warionino129
3DS FC
4811-8008-0796
Wario has his old Dash Attack back! Late Dash Attack can once again hit opponents while mid air!

Ikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smooth_Moonman
I can confirm this. FAF 41 -> FAF 44
this seems pretty onconsequential honestly, 3 frames is not much when you compare it to an already much larger number of 41 frames.

why arent the CONFIRMED toon link changes listed on the main page? His dash grab and pivot grab were reduced by 2 frames

Last edited:

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
End lag isn't included in those dumps.

If you could test Lucario's side-b for me that'd be swell; I thought I felt a change.
In terms of cool down Lucario's side-b is the same as 1.0.0

Although, I did find out that they nerfed his forward smash and his down smash cool down. I've not seen any mention of this before, so can anyone test if this was a 1.0.9 > 1.1.0 change or a forgotten change from 1.0.4 - 8?

Last edited:

Naegin

Smash Rookie
NNID
Naegin
3DS FC
3995-6969-8043
Hello, Robin's thunder does 4,5% not 4
same for elthunder , it's 10,5% not 10 ^^

Last edited:

Ikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smooth_Moonman
wait, did they effectively make the lucas fair sweetspot easier to land?

i was already good at that, this will just make me a tipper king

jet56

Smash Journeyman
it was mentioned earlier shield regen was slower. is this true? id test buts its way too late right now.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
you're charging them
They both start charging on frame 2, it's kinda hard to bypass that.

Either way, the point of the video was to show just how early forward smash's animation can be interrupted in 1.0.0 - Lucario barely starts to retract his hand where-as 1.1.0 the full animation clearly plays out.

I can't give any specific frame data or perfect 1:1 comparisons, but that video should be enough to raise suspicion about Lucario's down-smash and forward-smash interruptibility.

Last edited:

Naegin

Smash Rookie
NNID
Naegin
3DS FC
3995-6969-8043
Yup just compared it and it seems slower than before for the recovery of the shield

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
because changes applied to either of them have thus far been applied to both proportional to each others stats.
I guess I'm only saying this because Marth and Lucina are separate characters, and NOT palette swaps. If Olimar had any changes, the changes would also affect Alph, since Alph is merely an Olimar palette swap. But for Pit, his changes do NOT affect Dark Pit, since they're separate characters.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Dark Pit wasn't touched at all.
Precisely this. If Pit was touched, and not Dark Pit, then they need to be separated from each other. Likewise, as of right now, Lucina received more changes than Marth, so why they're not separated is beyond me.

sonicmega

Smash Rookie
NNID
sonicmega
3DS FC
1306-5031-6241
Megaman's Leaf Shield has different properties now; throwing it often hits a grounded opponent 2 times instead of just 1.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Confirming what others have confirmed, Luigi's fireball total frames increased by 3 frames, 40 -> 43.

Also Sheik's f-air landing lag was NOT changed. It's still 10 frames.

Will be checking more soon. If you have anything specific you want me to check, please tag me.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Oh. Cool. Everytime I see Mega got changed, it's ALWAYS his Leaf Shield.

Like, what's so wrong about this thing?
Leaf Shield and Phantom are really cool moves that were almost good but sort of sucked outside niche applications. (Leaf Shield has cool tricks, but it's no bouncing fish.)

I'm really happy to see them improved. (Again)

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
@ LordWilliam1234 LordWilliam1234 I guess if anyone's going to get this out of the way... I might as well ask. You mind checking out for frame data changes on Sheik first? Data dumps don't tell us anything in that regard so yeah, I think we'd all really appreciate it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom