• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament Language

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Its basically up to whoever is recording and/or the tournament organizer in terms of overseeing who can commentate and what kind of commentary they do.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Attention to anyone that hosts a tourney with a mic.

DO NOT let me commentate lol, I'll prolly cuss my *** off and even yell into the mic if someone pulls off an amazing combo lol

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I mean I love commentating and I think the Wombo Combo commentary made it only better. People honestly shouldn't go ape**** over the "words" but instead the combo. I've watched gameplay from many games that I DON'T EVEN PLAY just to hear the loud trash talk. I love it :D

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I don't know about you, but I really dont mind if some 15 year old isn't allowed to come to a tournament because of swearing.
Azen is 21-22 now, isn't he? That means he was 14 when Melee came out.
You do the math. That 15 year old could be the next Azen.

I agree 100% with the OP.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
HOWEVER, I still find it offensive, and I know that I can pick and choose my battles.
So, you choose to be offended and give satisfaction to the people who do it specifically to get a rise out of people.

I suppose that's an effective strategy to promote it.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Wow...you seriously like to take things beyond what they are. I pick and choose my battles when it comes to how I react. If there's no need for me to say anything, I won't. It's nothing more than that. Seriously...why are you TRYING to start something?

Way to take things out of context. Bad debating in general. I'm offended by it, but I don't say every second. "Don't curse!!!" I did something in a response to people not even TRYING to see it from a different standpoint. THAT is when you choose to take action. This is the first time I've EVER said anything about excessive language. I've been very respectful to other people up until now. When someone doesn't want to see the other spectrum is when I choose to take action.

Don't read into anything more than what it is. If you had actually paid attention to what was being said by me, you wouldn't have even said it. If you did read it, then that was just a sad, desperate attempt to make an argument. Sad part, is that there's WAY too much context around what I said for you to make that statement. I don't HAVE to tell people about their language for the most part because it tends to tone down around me, regardless. When you're the only one spouting profanity it tends to sound silly. People edit themselves around someone who is a quiet warrior to profanity.

Again...if you read it you'd know that. And if you actually did read it...bad attempt. If anything, that was just a flame. Still in all...I don't actually have to debate much back, outside of calling out your error. Good job. Picking and choosing my battles, again, btw. If I wanted to, I could have gone on a counter-flame attack. There's no need for it. There's really no need to flame at all in this discussion. Let's try to keep things to asking questions and waiting for answers instead of just randomly making accusations by taking things out of context, shall we?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I don't know about you, but I really dont mind if some 15 year old isn't allowed to come to a tournament because of swearing.
Thats why you only win like 20 bucks when you win a tourney, cus you never mind that nobody shows up, and you show up to a tourney that only has 9 ppl at it

PikaPika!

Smash Ace
Thats why you only win like 20 bucks when you win a tourney, cus you never mind that nobody shows up, and you show up to a tourney that only has 9 ppl at it
I'm sure it has nothing to do with the amount of people that actually play smash in the area (RIT) that don't show up to our tournaments and more about the language we use at our tournaments.

RyanPF

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure it has nothing to do with the amount of people that actually play smash in the area (RIT) that don't show up to our tournaments and more about the language we use at our tournaments.
He's making the point that we really can't afford (literally) to drive away any players at all...

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Cussing while Commentating is bad IMO.

I don't mind cussing in the actual tourney.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Wow...you seriously like to take things beyond what they are. I pick and choose my battles when it comes to how I react. If there's no need for me to say anything, I won't. It's nothing more than that. Seriously...why are you TRYING to start something?

Way to take things out of context. Bad debating in general. I'm offended by it, but I don't say every second. "Don't curse!!!" I did something in a response to people not even TRYING to see it from a different standpoint. THAT is when you choose to take action. This is the first time I've EVER said anything about excessive language. I've been very respectful to other people up until now. When someone doesn't want to see the other spectrum is when I choose to take action.

Don't read into anything more than what it is. If you had actually paid attention to what was being said by me, you wouldn't have even said it. If you did read it, then that was just a sad, desperate attempt to make an argument. Sad part, is that there's WAY too much context around what I said for you to make that statement. I don't HAVE to tell people about their language for the most part because it tends to tone down around me, regardless. When you're the only one spouting profanity it tends to sound silly. People edit themselves around someone who is a quiet warrior to profanity.

Again...if you read it you'd know that. And if you actually did read it...bad attempt. If anything, that was just a flame. Still in all...I don't actually have to debate much back, outside of calling out your error. Good job. Picking and choosing my battles, again, btw. If I wanted to, I could have gone on a counter-flame attack. There's no need for it. There's really no need to flame at all in this discussion. Let's try to keep things to asking questions and waiting for answers instead of just randomly making accusations by taking things out of context, shall we?
What in the hell are you talking about?

Making a point about how this type of thing only serves to make some people even more profane, it's just a point. It was no personal attack.

rehab

Smash Journeyman
Smash has one of the largest competitive scenes of any game in the realm of a fighter, and I'm inclined to say it's the largest. Going overboard on profanity may be a factor in preventing us from getting bigger (which is getting a little greedy to me), but it's not what's hurting anything significantly.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
When it comes down to it, the amount of profanity at a smash tourney is NOTHING compared to the amount of profanity kids get from playing on X-Box live.

Parents don't give a ****, and if a kid has the ones that do, he'll figure something out on his own

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
What Dippn and Blu said.

This is a competitive scene in which the majority of players are 16-22 years old are so. Sure, there are a few people younger, but at least 90% of people are around that age group. It's not uncommon for people in that age group to curse, and they shouldn't be inclined to completely stop when they're hanging out with others in their age group.

That being said, when people are at a local or small regional tournament and there are younger kids around 12-14 years old, most people aren't going to keep walking around cursing as they normally would. They still might curse, just not as much. Hardly anyone is completely unaware of the younger kids at a tournament, and hardly anyone will curse as much as they would when a 12 year old is five feet away from them. And even then, the majority of tournament commentary doesn't have much cursing at all, if any. I hear, "no cussing on live stream" on live streams of tournaments quite a bit of times.

But honestly, this is a very tame competitive scene. There are tons of 8-12 year olds on Halo 3 or any other game on X-Box live who are exposed to a crapload more profanity than a smash tournament, and most of their parents don't seem to care.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
What in the hell are you talking about?

Making a point about how this type of thing only serves to make some people even more profane, it's just a point. It was no personal attack.
Well if I misunderstood, I apologize. It was extremely hard to read since it was just a simple one-liner.

@DippinDots
Trust me on this...parents DO care about what their child is hearing. Some kids make it an issue of "caging them in" or some other nonsense. However, think about how some people just don't sound right spewing profanities. Also, I've been on XBox live, and I don't hear as much as you claim to have said. Spending 3 hours on XBox live and spending 3 hours in a tournament, I'm bound to hear more in a tournament. You're right...kids may try and find a way around it, most kids do. However, with a firm display of actually caring, children tend to go with what their parents want in one way or another.

I'm not saying this is a straight out Black and White situation. There are gray areas, too. Sure, there may be a kid that uses profanity when he's not around his parents. However, when he IS around his parents, his mouth is clean. I can also guarantee you that a parent is more than likely to tell a child "no" to a bunch of profanity spewing adults at a tournament, than those who know how to put a cap on it.

Look at it this way:
If a parent goes with a child to their first tournament, and hears SOME profanity, but nothing too over the top, what'll happen? The parent might take into consideration that, but may allow their child to come back. HOWEVER, if a parent goes and just hears a bunch of profanities strewn about, especially when people get excited, they may not allow their child to come back. FURTHERMORE, that also may give a bad influence on the community. That also tends to leave out the next JMan/Hax/Lite from the community. Without new faces, the community gets a bit stale, doesn't it? Mango even said that we need the newcomers. Whereas it might take some people a couple years to get better, you could have KoreanDJ who got amazing in a year. We need new players, simply put. If a new guy starts getting good, it lights a fire under the people that have been around for a while but aren't "Amazingly good". This promotes the healthy competitiveness that every fighting community needs.

A person develops abilities and is far more prone to practice endlessly in their teenage years. I practiced Streetfighter at 13 and 14 until my thumbs were raw. (really it was my left thumb that suffered, xD) I had no equal in my area, which saddened me to a great extent. I couldn't get to tournaments either. If you get these younger people hitting up tournaments they're going to soak things up like a book, and provide some amazing competition. If their parents are rather sketchy on the language situation...they won't be making it to any tournaments. It's just being considerate of the general populace.

It should at least be considered, and I think that in particular, it should be applied to the commentary, if anything. Wow...here I go again repeating something from my other posts. In Basketball or any other sport, the commentary is clean, and it makes it enjoyable to watch by anyone that comes by it. If it were strewn about with profanities, then by all means it'll drive people away. There are times when the players may spew them...really we don't hear them, but you know it's being said. You can read lips, etc. They don't spew them when they can be heard, and even then...I doubt it's just strewn about everwhere. Wrestling even has a limit to what their commentators can say. (Although that's the most profanity you hear in any sport commentary) Nowadays...parents are stupid, they check things, and with youtube up...yeah, they can just look into things.

Anyway...I'm just suggesting we be considerate of the general populace. I KNOW that there are parents that don't mind...or don't care in most cases of that. There are also those that do. There are also players that had potential but just stopped going. Wonder why? There are venues we had that were good, but we can't use them now...any reason? There are people who I COULD get to go to tournaments, but are FAR more sensitive to the language than I am. That...or their parents might be. Again, people with potential. I came across people that hit up their first tournament and said it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the language.

We don't have to be specific and all one way or the other because there's almost always going to be some kind of exception to the rule. That or some kind of counter argument t hat could be isolated events. In principle, it'd be a good idea.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
The majority of people attending these tournaments are mature enough to not spew excessive or any vulgarity at all when they see it could offend or cause a poor situation for someone, IE a kid with his parents.

This thread seems more of a rant than anything else.

Although, I do agree with the commentary angle. I want to here insight, whether obvious or not, on what i'm watching.

Legend21

Smash Rookie
i agree with you man cussing and all that crap gets annoying and some people cuss to make them sound cooler and older, but in the end it doesnt work out.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
The majority of people attending these tournaments are mature enough to not spew excessive or any vulgarity at all when they see it could offend or cause a poor situation for someone, IE a kid with his parents.

This thread seems more of a rant than anything else.

Although, I do agree with the commentary angle. I want to here insight, whether obvious or not, on what i'm watching.
Well...like I said...it's moreso on the commentary. *shrugs* The commentary was the initial reason. However, because I know how some people get....I just brought up the whole situation. In some cases...if you're not specific...especially on the internet...stuff gets out of hand.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Well...like I said...it's moreso on the commentary. *shrugs* The commentary was the initial reason. However, because I know how some people get....I just brought up the whole situation. In some cases...if you're not specific...especially on the internet...stuff gets out of hand.
But even then, it seems like there's less cussing on the commentary. I've watched live streams and replays of CoT4, HOBO14, other miscellaneous Texas tournies, and MWC Finals, and I hardly hear cussing, and when I do, it's accompanied with, "No cussing on live-stream."

I don't really know what commentary you're listening to, o_o. But really, this isn't an issue with all of the smash community. It's an issue of just how certain players in a region/locale act in a certain tournament. Some tournaments are more around 14-20 year olds, and you won't hear as much cussing. Some tournaments are more around 17-22 year olds, and you're bound to hear more cursing because there's probably one, maybe two people there under the age of 16.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
lol yeah, when I went to my first few tourneys my dad was actually there the whole time lolz

Parents are annoying lol

But yeah, anyway to get back on topic

About language and trash talk. I use "curse words" because alot of them are in my daily vocab. However other timez, when I do trash talk its just to have a good time. I'm 15 and young compared to most of the community, however I rarely goto tourneys because of my age it gives me ride and money johnz. I got no way to make my dough meaning no one will give me a ride so I rarely get a ride from my dad LULZ

13-16 year olds don't rarely show up BECAUSE of "language" but mainly because of ride johnz, unless you have like a brother older than you who also playz smash its hard to get a ride. I'm one of the younger smashers in MD/VA (possibly the second youngest) and I cuss my *** off more than most smashers.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Oh god....why don't people ever READ what's being said!?

I'm going to say this again...

NOBODY IS SAYING STOP CURSING ALL TOGETHER!!!!!

CoT is an example of what commentary should be....minimal cursing....definitely putting a cap on it. HOWEVER, the other attempts at commentary aren't always clean. You think if a parent sees the reaction to say...Shiz vs. M2K they'll be pleased? I heard combinations of curse words that made absolutely no sense. That's saying a lot because I've heard some really pointless combinations in my life. High school girls tend to be the most pointless users of pointless combinations when trying to curse each other out. I digress though.

If you'd actually read what I've been saying up to this point, I'm not saying to STOP cursing. Be more considerate is more along the lines of my wording. If someone was spreading falsities about you in print wouldn't you be upset? Would you appreciate it if they said "Freedom of the Press, man." How would you feel if there were false rumors about you that people actually believed? Would you not be upset if people said, "Freedom of speech man." What about if they wouldn't LISTEN to you? You'd be pertty darn upset, wouldn't you? What if someone just had a wrong idea, and you brought everything to the table, and it was OBVIOUS that what you had a point...then he just ignored you? You'd be pretty pissed, wouldn't you? Don't lie, and be honest with yourself.

Again...again...again....nobody is saying stop cursing all together. Also...let's be real again....if MLG put Smash back on the circuit and there was a "no profanity" rule, you'd still got to MLG to play, wouldn't you? If we suddenly got some kind of recognition as a community....by say like...G4 or SpikeTV...and they had some kind of language cap....you'd keep it under control, wouldn't you? Of course you would, because that's more money, and that's also more opportunities to play Smash as people seem to be so desperate to find nowadays. Dude...if you went over someone's house, and they said, "No profanity...my parents wouldn't appreciate it." Would you blatantly just start spewing profanity? No...you'd be a bit more considerate of people, wouldn't you?

Be more considerate is what I'm saying. Honestly...I know if you were trying to bring a point to the forefront, and someone wouldn't want to cooperate or even compromise to a degree with you...you'd be pretty upset. At a job, profanity is supposed to be null and void, isn't it? Especially dealing with customers. Do you just say "Eff it, I'm going to say what I like!"? I HIGHLY doubt that...especially if you want to keep your job. I mean, seriously...I've been pretty reasonable up to this point in this discussion. I'd really appreciate it if people actually READ what I had to say.

A few people actually paid attention, and realized I'm not trying to tell people to stop cursing all together. This is really geared MOSTLY towards commentary, but it could be toned down in general. Not eliminated...toned down a bit.

29_ksmotA

Smash Apprentice
Limiting, toning down, blah blah blah, it all adds up to some type of censorship on how people will be allowed to speak and I don't agree with it, thus my post. I read your long and drawn out argument, relax. You are giving words too much power, its silly on your part.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Limiting, toning down, blah blah blah, it all adds up to some type of censorship on how people will be allowed to speak and I don't agree with it, thus my post. I read your long and drawn out argument, relax. You are giving words too much power, its silly on your part.

<3 too goodz

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
When you're in that situation...let's see if you feel the same way. Censorship is for a reason. When you're in your own home, do as you please, we can't stop you. If we come to your home, we can't stop you. However, in public, you're actually prone to laws and rules. Why do you think you can't say certain words on public radio or Television? Why do you think in Englad....up until 10PM there's actually a censor on what can be said and shown on TV? Why do you think we have censors on TV? The argument of limiting people's speech is not a valid argument, and taking this to an unneeded level.

People are always so gung-ho to say Freedom of Speech to any kind of situation until it involves them. Stars are always gung-ho about it....then they get some nonsense printed about them in the paper. Suddenly the first ammedment isn't as wonderful as they proclaimed it to be. If some people decided to jus tbe racist and coner you calling you any racist name and term they can think of....and you attacked them out of fury....what do you think will happen? You'd be arrested and convicted. They'd claim freedom of speech and since YOU attacked them, you'd be in the wrong. Suddenly freedom of speech isn't so grand anymore. (I'm using it as an example don't take it for more than that.)

I have to say...I find that reasoning to be rather childish and lacking any sort of power.

bobson

Smash Lord
Why do you think in Englad....up until 10PM there's actually a censor on what can be said and shown on TV?
Because they thought 1984 was a guidebook.
Don't take anything the UK does as a basis for acceptable censorship.

If some people decided to jus tbe racist and coner you calling you any racist name and term they can think of....and you attacked them out of fury....what do you think will happen? You'd be arrested and convicted. They'd claim freedom of speech and since YOU attacked them, you'd be in the wrong.
Firstly: That would be harassment and would not come under freedom of speech.
Secondly: You do not attack someone because they called you a mean name. It is completely reasonable for the attacker to be punished in that case.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
You do not attack, but guess what? People do it. As a matter of fact...people do it QUITE often. Because of the "freedom of speech" situation...situations like columbine and VA tech happen. People just say whatever the heck they want and drive people insane. Words have a MAJOR affect on people. Just look at how TALK of an IDEA easing up on profanity has people in a knot?

Didn't I just say "examples"?

Also...the fact that we can't take the UK seriously is hillarious...we should. Even Japan has censorship rules. Most countries have limitations on what's released to the public.

Also...I apologize for my typos. I've got a rather crappy keyboard, and keys don't register at times. I might miss a few errors.

bobson

Smash Lord
You do not attack, but guess what? People do it. As a matter of fact...people do it QUITE often. Because of the "freedom of speech" situation...situations like columbine and VA tech happen.
And they get rightly punished for going crazy over words, too.

People just say whatever the heck they want and drive people insane. Words have a MAJOR affect on people. Just look at how TALK of an IDEA easing up on profanity has people in a knot?
Not equivalent. You're suggesting a change in tournament policy; it's reasonable to take action it if you oppose it. Compare the difference between someone saying "Your mom is a *****" and "I'm going to kill your mom."

Also...the fact that we can't take the UK seriously is hillarious...we should.
Taking the UK government's opinion on censorship seriously is equivalent to taking a serial killer's opinion on the value of life seriously.

voomm

Smash Apprentice
I agree that is why i dont go to tourney and everyone curses over wifi and i cant do anything about it!

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
1.) All I'm saying is that it's a common situation...I'm not saying they're right, xD.

2.) I'm just saying that we could stand to ease up a bit. I'm not saying that it's a definite move to ban profanity all together. I'm asking for a compromise. It's a compromise to move the scene of smash up. Is asking to ease up the language...at the very least on commentary so wrong? It'd get people to look at the Smash scene a little better. Also...the "Your mom" thing can be taken in a much lighter situation without being....rude or rash about it. *shrugs* I do get your point. I don't think it'd escalate into a situation like that. Instead of saying "Eff you" and laugh, couldn't you say something else? Heck, I'll just say "You suck" and laugh while I'm saying it. They know I'm not serious, and it's a lot less....well weird and offensive.

3.) >_> okay...I'll just ignore the UK govn't situation. There's still censorship in other countries, though, xD.

All in all...it's a suggestion...I think it'd be a reasonable compromise, if only for the commentary...which is really what I'm pushing for. The rest is pure speculation.

Edit: I also appreciate the fact that...you're bringing something to the table, xD. When you do that it feels more like a discussion as opposed to a heated debate.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
How do people curse over Wi-Fi?

Also, Shiz vs. M2K was a pretty bad example. Most people at that tournament were at least 16 or more years old, and only like Lite and maybe some other random guy were under that age limit. There was a ton of hype for Shiz...a ton of hype in general, really; everyone wanted to see Shiz vs. Mango in finals. Plus, these were all people who at least knew each other, so they felt comfortable using whatever language. You don't use the same language to your parents as you would around friends. Expecting a calm commentary from a very hyped match is inane, and asking these people to not curse for 2 people when the other 200 are over 16 is inane.

Plus, some people just curse. It's how they talk, like how people say other slang words. Honestly, I could argue that curse words really have no value (which to you is worse, saying "eff this" or saying "I hate all (insert race here), the disgusting pigs: obviously the latter is worse), but that's not even the point. You're trying to censor people, which all in all doesn't go over well.

Sure, don't curse when there's more kids around, like in a small regional or local tournament. But people don't. People who curse normally aren't stupid enough to speak the way they normally would around a group of 12 year old kids, or when they know there could be kids listening (reasons why CoT4, HOBO 14, along with other tournies all didn't allow excessive, if any cursing on the commentary, especially since the general playerbase of Brawl seems to stretch younger). But when there aren't many kids, why can't they go ahead and curse, like at RoM?

I understand what you're getting at, but realistically, it's not a problem. I haven't heard of anyone not allowed to go to tournaments because of cursing. Transportation, on the other hand...

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Again...missing the point. You can't say realistically, it's not a problem, because it is. People choose to not see it as a problem because it requires more effort to treat it as such. Also...for the umpteenth time....COMMENTARY. Commentary is the actual issue here. The rest is just spculation.

Also...going from one extreme to the other. Is that...commonly realistic? Instead of saying "Eff this" someone would probably say..."This is some Bull." (leaving the other word out) Or say. "Forget this". Realistically, that's what people would be saying.

If Profanity had no real relevance, then why are people so quick to protect their right to freely use highly offensive words? If they have no real relevance, then why not just use less offensive words to get your point across? A person makes a more valid point by saying something meaninful, rather than saying "Eff you" or "This is why I hate (insert race here)". Can you say... "What the heck...?" or "What in the world..." instead of "What the (f-bomb)"? Is it really that hard? You can get your point across the same instead of dropping that profanity. People do it all the time.

Also...the way people talk...I can't find that as an excuse, honestly. I talk in slang quite a bit. However, I, in no way allow slang to affect my speech when talking to different people. If I'm on an interview, I use proper english and avoid slang. If I'm talking to adults...well in my case...people FAR older than me, I ease up on the slang...or even revert it to what they may be used to. If I'm around people who cant's stand rap and/or hip hop and RnB, I avoid using slang that is associated with them. I use terms that they are used to. I once had a person that found the terminology "Son" to be offensive to them. I was just like, "Wow, son...ease up, there's no need for that." That person found it offensive since they were older. Instead of being all liberal about it, I explained it was a figure of speech, apologized, and then avoided using the terminology when around that person.

Sometimes people dont' give you options. I'm just asking for a compromise. It's not even a halfway....I'm really only asking for the Commentary to be taken seriously. The other part can be said "no" to. It'd be a good idea in general. Also...you can't say most people wouldn't be stupid enough to let words fly, because most people are. It's why they need to be corrected. Maybe avoid using the F-word aand S-words? That's not even asking a lot, to be quite honest. Still in all, that's not the issue.

Seriously, though...the commentary is the MAIN issue here, Commentary should be little to no profanity at all. It's a formula that's worked in sporting and just about anything else for years. It's okay to spice things up, but it doesn't have to be with profanity.

bobson

Smash Lord
2.) I'm just saying that we could stand to ease up a bit. I'm not saying that it's a definite move to ban profanity all together. I'm asking for a compromise. It's a compromise to move the scene of smash up. Is asking to ease up the language...at the very least on commentary so wrong? It'd get people to look at the Smash scene a little better. Also...the "Your mom" thing can be taken in a much lighter situation without being....rude or rash about it. *shrugs* I do get your point. I don't think it'd escalate into a situation like that. Instead of saying "Eff you" and laugh, couldn't you say something else? Heck, I'll just say "You suck" and laugh while I'm saying it. They know I'm not serious, and it's a lot less....well weird and offensive.
That's the thing, though: in most tourney situations, it's not weird and offensive. The majority of Smash tourneys are largely social affairs, and the informal atmosphere lends itself to looser language; expecting professionalism in the chatter is unrealistic at best. And, typically, there's no difference between the chatter and the commentary other than one being recorded.

Skrah

Smash Ace
Rainame is totally right.

And yeah, there IS a difference between chatter and commentary. For one, commentaries would be the ones to be aired, not the "chatter", so if you really want melee or even smash as a whole to go back to its MLG days, MLG or any other videogame channel expects profesionalism. That goes to the interviews too.

Obviously the expectators can speak however they want to. It's like any other sport really. Go to any sport match and I guarantee you you'll hear profanity from other expectators. That doesn't mean that the commentators in the booth are going to express themselves in the same manner. Obviously if a kid or parent is among the expectators the level of profanity would go down, solely out of respect. That's what Rainame is trying to get at.

Top Bottom