• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top ten at Apex 2013 predictions.

jerflip

Smash Apprentice
If Mango is gonna john.... :( that'll make me sad-ish. But we can't make him play if he doesn't want to. Just like how no one can convince me to want to play at apex seeing how I'd get stomped. But that is besides the point.
It seems to be a troll.
that's not how johning works

it's
"did i lose?" -> no -> no johns, pp/hbox/armada played well, etc.
"did i lose?" -> yes -> i didn't practice, wasn't trying, etc.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
After rewatching the Kigs of Cali set I think it's gonna be

1. Armada
2. Mango
3. Dr PeePee

PP can't won't pull that off again.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Armada is the only predictable one. Whether the others will place above or below him depends on how long they can keep up their top game.
Mentioning the Beauty WF/GF again, leffen had him, but as soon as he slowed down a little, Armada's tank-with-a-skirt just ran over him.

Frame Perfect

Smash Journeyman
i think pp will beat mango.

id be looking out for westballz. his shield pressure is just incredible. he multishines so well like 11 times in a row(just showing off between stocks) is reaaly hard and then he triple and quad shines shields alot. he'll probly eat some shields at apex, id say top 8

but yea Armada takes first.

2.PP
3/4. Mango or Hbox
5/7.m2k/leffen/westballz/wobbles

also think axe will do well. go pika!

S l o X

Smash Champion
what are people going on about pools not having good matches

my pool has me vs frootloop and dazwa vs vwins and there are plenty of decent matches to be played. tho i do agree a lot of GF matches that should have been hype won't be played sucks.

Mahie

Smash Lord
Arc vs L0zR
Diakonos vs Sung
The Moon vs Everlasting Yay
Vanz vs HDL
HBK vs Tai
Stricnine vs Vectorman
Cyrain vs Aza
IB/Soft vs Zeldafreak

!!Strawhat Dahean vs G$!!

Match ups I've found to be interesting in pools.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
PP

Armada

Mango

M2K

Kirbykaze

Javi

So on and so forth. I'm really pulling for KK to wreck house at this tourney and hope he places a lot higher.

Smooth Criminal

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Pp is notorious for winning GF from losers, what are you talking about? Rofl

:phone:
Yeah? Tell that to Smasher's reunion.

And people need stop hyping up Westballz, he never does well at Nationals. He's tieing for 9th at best.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
1. PeePee :falcomelee:
2. Mango :foxmelee:
3. Armada :peachmelee: :younglinkmelee:
4. JuanBox :jigglypuffmelee:
5. Axe :pikachumelee:
5. Kirbykaze :sheikmelee:
7. Hax :falconmelee:
7. SFAT :foxmelee:
9. PewPewU :marthmelee:
9. Leffen :foxmelee:
9. M2K :marthmelee: :sheikmelee:
9. Wobbles :icsmelee:

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I'd bet money PP is GOING TO WIN

Mango is isn't playing like Mango anymore... he is playing to live up 2 the expectations of everyone else.

Hbox wont lose to Armada again
M2K can beat everyone besides Mango

Top 5 will be the Elite 4 + M2K

5. Axe
7. Kage
7. Javi
9. KirbyKaze
9. Colbol
9. Leffen
9. Random

:sonic:

t3h Icy

Smash Master
what are people going on about pools not having good matches

my pool has me vs frootloop and dazwa vs vwins and there are plenty of decent matches to be played. tho i do agree a lot of GF matches that should have been hype won't be played sucks.
Chances are that many GFs are just a repeat of WFs though.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
Not intended as a diss on HBox at all, but... What exactly caused this shift where suddenly so many people think that Hungrybox point-blank will not lose to Armada again?

Apex 2012: Hungrybox, down 2 games, narrowly clinches 3 games straight while receiving a stream of coaching to secure a set victory by the skin of his teeth, then promptly gets 3-0'd. Armada wins more games by greater margins and wins the set that counts.
Hungrybox post-Apex: Performs quite well, as always, but does not win any majors gets about the same placings as he usually does.
Armada post-Apex: Wins everything, like he's been doing for some time now.

Why do so many people now think Hungrybox will rise and conquer with such absolute confidence? He may have new tech/character/etc. lined up, but it's as if everyone is forgetting that Armada can do the same thing. I'm not saying Hungrybox can't do it, but this sudden burst of confidence and assurance that he's got it sealed up against Armada seems unwarranted.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
HBox is gonna Ness it up against armada's peach and beat him 3-0

armada is gonna switch to YLink and then Hbox is gonna go pichu and win 3-2

calling it now

Astraea31

Smash Apprentice
Not intended as a diss on HBox at all, but... What exactly caused this shift where suddenly so many people think that Hungrybox point-blank will not lose to Armada again?

Apex 2012: Hungrybox, down 2 games, narrowly clinches 3 games straight while receiving a stream of coaching to secure a set victory by the skin of his teeth, then promptly gets 3-0'd. Armada wins more games by greater margins and wins the set that counts.
Hungrybox post-Apex: Performs quite well, as always, but does not win any majors gets about the same placings as he usually does.
Armada post-Apex: Wins everything, like he's been doing for some time now.

Why do so many people now think Hungrybox will rise and conquer with such absolute confidence? He may have new tech/character/etc. lined up, but it's as if everyone is forgetting that Armada can do the same thing. I'm not saying Hungrybox can't do it, but this sudden burst of confidence and assurance that he's got it sealed up against Armada seems unwarranted.
youre forgetting most of the people posting here are mostly american.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Because he's had a year to prepare for younglink...even switch characters if he likes. I dunno if he'll win, I think it would be the saltiest rematch all day on sunday though.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
Usually people with super-America-bias bias towards Mango/PP, not HBox, hence my confusion. It seems more like anti-Armada bias rather than pro-Hbox/America bias at this point.

I mean, take this:

Because he's had a year to prepare for younglink...even switch characters if he likes. I dunno if he'll win, I think it would be the saltiest rematch all day on sunday though.
Surprise, Armada's had just as long to prepare for Jigglypuff, and if HBox has a CP that can beat Armada's YL consistently, well, come on. This is Armada. Do you really think he's going in without a back-up plan? Armada?

Bose

Den lengste kølla
3DS FC
5086-2001-6359
As a biased european, I really don't see hbox defeating Armada anytime soon. He might have new character, but Armada has been one step ahead of him for a long time now.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
I think most people don't that and the people that don't think hungrybox will beat Armada then don't have to explain their reasoning since its normal to expect their result as opposed to the people that think he will win who then have to explain why Armada is below Hungrybox on their list. Since their post has an explanation plus a different result than most it stands out. That plus USA bias.

I think Hungrybox CAN beat Armada, I just don't think he will. I'd love for Hungrybox to prove me wrong though :)

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Usually people with super-America-bias bias towards Mango/PP, not HBox, hence my confusion. It seems more like anti-Armada bias rather than pro-Hbox/America bias at this point.

I mean, take this:

Surprise, Armada's had just as long to prepare for Jigglypuff, and if HBox has a CP that can beat Armada's YL consistently, well, come on. This is Armada. Do you really think he's going in without a back-up plan? Armada?
Check my list, I don't think HBox is going to beat Armada but he's still HBox and he's had a year to prepare. I'm just excited to see what happens.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Yeah? Tell that to Smasher's reunion.

And people need stop hyping up Westballz, he never does well at Nationals. He's tieing for 9th at best.
uhh...

Pound V

Rom3

Zenith 2012

Kings of Cali

We can easily call smasher's reunion an outlier

It's like saying PP's an inconsistent player cause he got 7th at gen2: completely rediculously

MaskedMarth

Smash Ace
People seem to think that the Mexican and European players went back into hibernation after Apex. That's how Hungrybox has an extra year to prepare for Young Link. Or how Dr. Peepee has had an extra year to hunger for revenge so he won't lose to Javi.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
uhh...

Pound V

Rom3

Zenith 2012

Kings of Cali

We can easily call smasher's reunion an outlier

It's like saying PP's an inconsistent player cause he got 7th at gen2: completely rediculously

Rom2 is another example of him not winnings GFs from losers. He's up 66%, Mango has a better record.

MaskedMarth

Smash Ace
Improvement takes place mostly at home or locals, not at nationals, so I don't see how PP's North Carolina favors his improvement over Javi's Monterrey, or how Hbox is any more able to learn to beat Young Link from Florida than Armada is to learn Jigglypuff in Västergötland.

Top Bottom