• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top ten at Apex 2013 predictions.

Popopidopop

Smash Cadet
Sure, it would not be a very accurate way of finding out who is best.

But if they dont face in bracket and money match is off, I'd really like to see who can clutch it out in a hyped match. I know I'd be on my toes.

Biglard

Smash Journeyman
To sum up, Javi placed fourth at Apex 2012, where nobody (or at least very few people) expected him, beating in the process Hax and Peepee.

If you compare with Armada, Apex 2012 was Javi's Genesis 1, and this is going to be his Pound 4.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
To sum up, Javi placed fourth at Apex 2012, where nobody (or at least very few people) expected him, beating in the process Hax and Peepee.

If you compare with Armada, Apex 2012 was Javi's Genesis 1, and this is going to be his Pound 4.
So then who is going to be this Pound 4's Amsah?

The Star King

Smash Hero
I don't think Fox vs Falcon best of 1 is really interesting. They'll be trying mad hard in crews but it's still kind of a volatile match up.
Plus if leffen loses he'll john and say he doesn't care about the World crew...

The Star King

Smash Hero
If we're comparing to Armada and then Amsah then it would make sense that it's someone from Mexico

The rise of Mexico is coming

Then the Cambodian Young Link will come and **** everyone up

And by everyone I mean Hungrybox

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Does anyone think the volatile nature of bracket pools will lead to many upsets, dropping anyone surprisingly into losers bracket early?

Some people, like pp at genesis 2, dropped a multitude of sets in the rr pools and brought it together in the bracket. But that's not possible under this format, so do u think anyone will be dropped super early?

Mahie

Smash Lord
It's still winners then losers though, plus seeding, so it should be fine, but yeah loser brackets in pools will be really interesting to watch, much more so than RR pools.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
out of 16...top 4 make it out.

those 4 are seeded into a new 128 man bracket...no one goes through losers.

Basically its same as pools ==== bracket but using bracket instead of round robin

Beat!

Smash Master
@Battlecow/Lovage

You guys still up for that 50 euros bet on Armada winning/not winning? I'll match both of you.

Alternatively, if you feel confident enough, I can bet on Armada outplacing a player of your choice. I'm down for either one, though. =)

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, but they tend to exit that pool/ enter the bracket in the losers bracket if they lose during that pool. that doesn't seem to be the case with these.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
Wait, the Apex Pools are a 16 man bracket with only top four making it out? I thought it was only 8 man bracket with top four making it out?

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
So, to recap this thread:
-Armada, PP, M2K, Mango, Hungrybox in any order
-No one else matters
-Javi matters
-Top 10 can't be done, should be top 8
-Apex has 16 man bracket pools
-Apex doesn't have pools
-Crews will suck
-Leffen vs. Hax hype
-Leffen vs. Hax salt
-No leffen vs. Hax
-Mango ****riding
-Beards
-Krazy Knux loves Mexico
-Top 10 doesn't work
-Apex has bracket pools
-Apex has 16 man bracket pools.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
ditto dittos

:132:
So, to recap this thread:
-Armada, PP, M2K, Mango, Hungrybox in any order
-No one else matters
-Javi matters
-Top 10 can't be done, should be top 8
-Apex has 16 man bracket pools
-Apex doesn't have pools
-Crews will suck
-Leffen vs. Hax hype
-Leffen vs. Hax salt
-No leffen vs. Hax
-Mango ****riding
-Beards
-Krazy Knux loves Mexico
-Top 10 doesn't work
-Apex has bracket pools
-Apex has 16 man bracket pools.
don't forget 2nd in europe is 33rd in the states
oh man

some of the best posts in this thread

Battlecow

Play to Win
@Battlecow/Lovage

You guys still up for that 50 euros bet on Armada winning/not winning? I'll match both of you.

Alternatively, if you feel confident enough, I can bet on Armada outplacing a player of your choice. I'm down for either one, though. =)
The only currency I accept as valid is the good ol' greenback. I will bet you 100/75/50 dollars on armada not winning though

Gimme 3:1 and ill bet on pp out placing him

:phone:

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
3:1? We either got a non-believer or someone looking to make cash with low risk. He won one of 3 sets at Smasher's Reunion, PP's going in.

Landry

Smash Ace
I don't even think 2:1 is really fair odds on PP vs Armada. PP isn't favored but he certainly isn't a 3:1 underdog...

Doser

Smash Ace
If I had the money and desire to put bets on apex, I would definitely think 3:1 is fair.

But I hope I will be wrong about that.

Gastogh

Smash Apprentice
They've played nine tournament sets, which are 6-3 in Armada's favor; the ratio is 2:1, or a 67% win rate for Armada.

In those nine sets they've played 40 games, which are 25-15 in Armada's favor, for a ratio of 5:3, or a win rate of 62,5% for Armada.

Betting at 2:1 odds seems about right to me, but 3:1 wouldn't be so far off the mark either because two of PP's three wins were like two years ago.

Beat!

Smash Master
Alright, let's do 100 dollars on Armada winning/not winning, then.

I'll take that other bet if we do 2:1 odds, but with 3:1 I'd have to bet 300 dollars to win the same amount, and I don't know if I'll even be able to afford to bet that much.

Top Bottom