• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
While he may not be top 3 material, I also want to point out that Ally has a very good MK too. That adds another contender to an already stacked list.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
The owner of this thread makes me lol. He just updates it daily with no reason for anything.

Why isn't Disqo on the :diddy: list? DLA is good, but Disqo is better. If this was a top 5 list then it'd look like this:

1. Junebug
2. Boss
3. Disqo
4-6 DLA/me/Luck
:018:

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
The owner of this thread makes me lol. He just updates it daily with no reason for anything.

Why isn't Disqo on the :diddy: list? DLA is good, but Disqo is better. If this was a top 5 list then it'd look like this:

1. Junebug
2. Boss
3. Disqo
4-6 DLA/me/Luck
:018:
Errr, thanks I guess.

Apparently Vex was using Ganondorf in this tournament, and if that's true, that means he managed to take out Oracle. If that's not true, then I'll be reversing the spots real quick. And I don't really change the spots daily, but I do update the OP with new videos daily.

Also, I heard at the end of the tournament someone said that ESAM isn't even Top 5 in Florida. If that's true, who's Top 5 other than Plup and Wizzrobe? @NickRiddle ???

Last edited:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Inui told me vex used Fox on him. not sure about the other players but if he had used ganon against inui, he would have lost

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I placed 65th at SKTAR 3
placed like...13th or something at a tournament in Jersey called hitbox arena

As far as video I have a set against Xzax: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZiH9X9oU8Q
I should have a set against Strongbad on the tourney locator youtube page

Thats really all I have thats recent
Considering your a main, I guess that's better than what Vanguard has.

Do you guys know of any other Samus'?

@ Hungry Headcrab Hungry Headcrab
Do you have a Ganon? Any notable results?

@ Infinitysmash Infinitysmash

Also, I can't thank you enough for recording those sets. Huge HUGE shout outs.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
so when am i going to be in front of reflex on the wario list

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady

@ Infinitysmash Infinitysmash

Also, I can't thank you enough for recording those sets. Huge HUGE shout outs.
ESAM is the best imo
I've met MonkUnit and another player named NSD I think? I have horrible memory
Besides those I dont think I've seen any other samus mains as of late

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I beat Hylian tooooo (Friendlies tho)
IC's tho.

@ Oracle Oracle , @HyperrCrow , @ Strong Badam Strong Badam , @ Hylian Hylian , @Professor Pro , @Zerudahime , @ELI-mination , @Gallo69 , @Sethlon , @Vanguard

Thoughts on tournament and certain players?

Thanks. I'll be making updates when I can.
Wolf impressed me a lot, I think he is the best Link. I think either Nick Riddle or myself is second(probably nick). IE didn't impress me as much as I thought he would. I lost a close money match to him, but I also lost to every single link player I played haha I am *really* bad at link dittos apparently. From watching him play others that I've played and talking with those who played him and me I don't think he's top 3(though he's still good, just a ****load of good link players). I honestly have no idea how Nick and I compare because I didn't see any of his matches ;_;. I had a really hard bracket(Mango/Esam/Zero were in my winnners in a row) but I took Mango to game 3 and went 1-1 with him as Link(I lost first game as Lucario). I lost an absurdly close set to Bleachigo in losers but I don't feel bad about it, bleachigo was very good and impressed me(Esam was telling me bleachigo took him to 3rd game and was really good which made me feel better). I money matched K9 and Prof and lost to them both but 4 stocked K9 game 2 and took 1 game from Prof. Esam is abbbsuuurrdddllly good btw lol, sooo impressed with his play.

As far as the MK's I played every single one of them at the venue. Plup is still the best probably just looking at how he does against florida and K9/Infinity are veryyy close but I think K9 was slightly better just because he was better at gimping people(though infinity played much better in bracket and is a more consistent player). Lawnchair was really textbook/solid(like amazingly so) but I don't think he was as good as the 3 mk mains I listed. He was the 4th best of all the ones I played though and really impressed me even though I only played friendlies with him.

No footage of me, most people never got on stream, I loved playing Link dittos with all the Link mains, me and Eli only managed 1 friendly unfortunately but it was fun(as much fun as you can have playing against Luigi lol)

@ Hylian Hylian you better come back around this area some time you're a cool dude lol I liked hanging out with you and the other Link mains, and get me that picture you took of all of us man
Yeah man, had a lot of fun talking with you :).

Picture:

D

Deleted member

Wolf impressed me a lot, I think he is the best Link. I think either Nick Riddle or myself is second(probably nick). IE didn't impress me as much as I thought he would. I lost a close money match to him, but I also lost to every single link player I played haha I am *really* bad at link dittos apparently.
... Didn't you say you were extremely good at the ditto?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
... Didn't you say you were extremely good at the ditto?
Yes, and I was wrong lmao. I also thought I was bad against spacies but did amazing against them at sktar so idk what to think about match-ups anymore.

Edit: I also for some reason did the best against every player I played with IC's. Like..either no one knows the match-up or they are somehow secretly good lmao.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
it's not like there's exactly ICs players out there

prolly won't be until certain things are fixed up, too. idk about the five people willing to main ICs in project m, but I probably wouldn't want to delve too deep into execution if the grab release points are going to change all over again

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Wolf impressed me a lot, I think he is the best Link. I think either Nick Riddle or myself is second(probably nick). IE didn't impress me as much as I thought he would. I lost a close money match to him, but I also lost to every single link player I played haha I am *really* bad at link dittos apparently. From watching him play others that I've played and talking with those who played him and me I don't think he's top 3(though he's still good, just a ****load of good link players). I honestly have no idea how Nick and I compare because I didn't see any of his matches ;_;. I had a really hard bracket(Mango/Esam/Zero were in my winnners in a row) but I took Mango to game 3 and went 1-1 with him as Link(I lost first game as Lucario). I lost an absurdly close set to Bleachigo in losers but I don't feel bad about it, bleachigo was very good and impressed me(Esam was telling me bleachigo took him to 3rd game and was really good which made me feel better). I money matched K9 and Prof and lost to them both but 4 stocked K9 game 2 and took 1 game from Prof. Esam is abbbsuuurrdddllly good btw lol, sooo impressed with his play.
Who did Bleachigo play as again?

Also IC vids?
maybe?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Who did Bleachigo play as again?

Also IC vids?
maybe?
ZSS.

No IC's vids I think :/. I played really well with them against people but alas. I have some recent ones on my youtube that I'll find though.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
ZSS.

No IC's vids I think :/. I played really well with them against people but alas. I have some recent ones on my youtube that I'll find though.
Really hope I get to see the sleepers at this tourney again. They really surprised me.
Sleepers being
Seibrik
MVD
Bleachigo
Raptor
Vex
Lazy

I'm curious who Lazy used. He beat Gurukid, so he must be pretty damn good. And Seibrik and Salem put in WORK at this tourney holy ****. The Zelda mains (Seibrik, Salem, and Zhime) are really tearing up the brackets.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I dunno if Oracle actually thought Rudy was a random, I doubt he knew how sleeper good Rudy was though. The man will bash things with Ganon. I'd actually put him as #1 Ganon atm besides maybe some hardcore main like Bizarro?

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I dunno if Oracle actually thought Rudy was a random, I doubt he knew how sleeper good Rudy was though. The man will bash things with Ganon. I'd actually put him as #1 Ganon atm besides maybe some hardcore main like Bizarro?
Wait, Vex actually beat Oracle with Ganon? wtf

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I would assume he was Ganon. I don't know for 100%, since I was earlier wrong when I assumed he only went Ganon for the entire tourney (since he went Fox on Inui, it's possible he went Fox elsewhere). I talked to him earlier and I think at least 1 game was Ganon, if not both. I'll see if I can find it again

Really though, I would put total faith in the idea that he's #1 Ganon and probably a top 10 player in PM when he's playing his best. The skill he has in Smash overall has consistently been high, and as of recent it's even stronger.

Last edited:

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace

I most certainly do have a Ganon, though I doubt I'm top 3 material yet.

My only notable results thus far is 9th at Northwest Majors VI (losing to SFAT and Blunted Object), 1st at a new monthly in WA called the Olympian (where none of the top players in our state were in attendance, lol), and I've been consistently top 8 at GameClucks for a few months now.

Videos:

NWMVI:

vs. Oreo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlslrVFAWlU

vs. SFAT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YINZZm5wjXI

Olympian:

vs. Blu2 (WFs): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjB0RF39_Yo

vs. Chevy (GFs): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwIXSUPP9Sc

Make of this what you will, but, again, I doubt I'm top 3.

OH, and I know of another Samus: Chevy from the GFs video above. I'm obviously biased since he's a great friend of mine and training partner, but I am absolutely positive that he's a better Samus than Vanguard, especially if he hasn't been playing the character seriously since the boot.elf ditto. Unfortunately, he doesn't have the best results, so most of this is based on playing with him for countless hours. He's been fairly consistent top 8 at GameClucks, second at the Olympian (again, none of our tops were in presence), and 17th at Northwest Majors VI.

Here's a video of him playing Bladewise a few months ago, he's improved a lot since then, so take it with a grain of salt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b83j_8HC5RE

Lawn Chair

Smash Journeyman
That being said - I also have to agree that while K9's performance at SKTAR was underwhelming his results outside of that tournament support a ranking on our list. Lawn Chair is a very cool guy and is definitely a great player, but after playing against both him and K9 (Lawn Chair in a tournament set and K9 in several, several serious games) I must say that K9 is the better player between the two of them.
Just curious were do you think he is stronger than me? I.E: Better mindgames, edgeguards etc.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Just curious, but why did Selbrik take KDJ's spot? I realize KDJ didn't compete in PM at Sktar (dropped out before it started) but his Zelda has only ever been beat by Mew2king. He's never lost a set to Wolf, Hey Seuss, Darc, Zoso, Sora, or anyone else at Smashing Grounds. II realize its theoretical, but I can't see him placing anything below top 16 or top 8 at Sktar 3.

Regardless, I get that he hasn't played his Zelda at a National tourney. Hopefully, when he does, you'll be ready to place him equal to, ahead of, or slightly behind Zhime.

Rizner

Smash Ace
I agree with nza - some people have low placing from sktar because they dropped out, and I think kdj was one of those. It should be taken into account before he is removed. Are there any videos of the others who placed well at sweet? How much was shiek used from them? I'd say it goes at least zhime, kdj, then it's a toss up.

I know I've been underperforming as of late so I do understand me being removed for now, but hopefully I get some good videos and results from sweet this weekend to get back up in the mix.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Wait, now Junebug is on the Ganon list? Why the sudden changes?
Because LeeLue was the third spot on the list, and I have literally heard NOTHING from him since this list first came out. Unless people can vouch for him.
I'm also still waiting on news about Vex. I'm getting confused if he really did beat Oracle with Ganon. If so, that's a damn impressive victory.

Just curious, but why did Selbrik take KDJ's spot? I realize KDJ didn't compete in PM at Sktar (dropped out before it started) but his Zelda has only ever been beat by Mew2king. He's never lost a set to Wolf, Hey Seuss, Darc, Zoso, Sora, or anyone else at Smashing Grounds. II realize its theoretical, but I can't see him placing anything below top 16 or top 8 at Sktar 3.

Regardless, I get that he hasn't played his Zelda at a National tourney. Hopefully, when he does, you'll be ready to place him equal to, ahead of, or slightly behind Zhime.
I actually wasn't aware of these results, thanks for the heads up.
That being said, Seibrik did take out some big names at SKTAR 3 including Pink Fresh and Infinity, and generally placing high in nationals and defeating players who aren't in your region hold more weight. But... I guess I have to rethink this list again. siiiigh Maybe I'll wait until KDJ goes to another major...

btw, if you guys want to take a look at the SKTAR 3 bracket, here you go:
http://challonge.com/sktarpm1

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I beat Neon in a GnW Ditto Friendly, once

It was on stream, can i be on list nao?

Spralwers

Smash Ace
I really wish KDJ got to compete. Wolf is still a mid level player and caused a lot of upsets. KDJ beats him pretty easily. Seeing as how Wolf got 17th, KDJ definitely had the potential to get top 8.

I think either Nick Riddle or myself is second(probably nick).
lmao. Hylian, you're fraudulent as ****. Sol is only entering his 6th month of competitive smash, and not only did he beat you in Link dittos, he placed equal to you in bracket. Wolf and his practice partner have been playing for a little more than a year, and Wolf made a convincingly stronger showing than you.

Also, IE placed equally to you and beat you in Link dittos. So it's quite possible he's better than you too.

You bragged to me once about being competitive for 11 years. The joke is on you, because you are beatable by newbies. You've taken games off some of the better players too, but so have all of us. PM is a jank game right now and stuff like that isn't uncommon. What matters is consistency and you don't have it.

You're being carried by how much the average player sucks at dealing with boomerang, hook shot, and spin attack. I don't suck at dealing with those, so I would be happy to MM you at the next tournament we are both in attendance for again and expose how highly fraudulent your Link is with Ganon/Marth. I was gonna leave you alone after your hilariously subpar performance at sktar compared to the other Link mains, but you're back to your old tricks and I see this as a wonderful opportunity to expose your fraudulence.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
All link mains not named lazarond are fraudulent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom