• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

the man

Smash Apprentice
Anyone have the link to P:M SKTAR 3's matches? Clashtournaments hasn't uploaded P:M yet and their twitch channel is giving me no results.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Anyone have the link to P:M SKTAR 3's matches? Clashtournaments hasn't uploaded P:M yet and their twitch channel is giving me no results.
Videos should be up in a few. Also, SKTAR was streamed on MLG.tv. You won't find anything on Twitch.

Spralwers

Smash Ace
Gallo and I were mming poob/billz and were completely decimating them until the TV got messed up, we said we'll continue it later and never did.
Eh, we managed to take two stocks off the both of you, which is pretty good considering:
-This is only my 6th month of playing competitive smash
-I only started playing Marth 3-4 weeks ago
-Poob is equally mediocre at smash as I am

I can make a lot more comments backed with crazy examples about how strong of a showing we made, considering how seriously immature most of the SG crew that came to SKTAR is to competitive smash. But we all seriously enjoyed the salt demonstrated by the established players and we will continue to stay under the radar for a little bit.

Last edited:

Lawn Chair

Smash Journeyman
I also MM both Armada and Prof

Got 30'd by both but brought them to last hit last stock each time. Armada like my MK :D:D:D::D::D

Oracle

Smash Master
I played really poorly day 2 because wario is broken and I was hungry and johns johns johns johns johns johns johns salt salt johns but more importantly, I beat poob in a dk ditto mm. Since strong bad apparently doesnt play dk anymore I want his spot

POOB

Smash Journeyman
Eh, we managed to take two stocks off the both of you, which is pretty good considering:
-This is only my 6th month of playing competitive smash
-I only started playing Marth 3-4 weeks ago
-Poob is equally mediocre at smash as I am

I can make a lot more comments backed with crazy examples about how strong of a showing we made, considering how seriously immature most of the SG crew that came to SKTAR is to competitive smash. But we all seriously enjoyed the salt demonstrated by the established players and we will continue to stay under the radar for a little bit.
Lol legit points. I've only been active in the competetive scene for 3 months.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I played really poorly day 2 because wario is broken and I was hungry and johns johns johns johns johns johns johns salt salt johns but more importantly, I beat poob in a dk ditto mm. Since strong bad apparently doesnt play dk anymore I want his spot
By that logic I might as well put ESAM or M2K above you.

Anyway, did Vex really play Ganon against you?

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Can I be on the Charizard list now?
Uhhh, there's a bit of a stiff competition at the moment, since Android, Yomi, and Metroid are all viable for the third spot. I see that you've beaten Nintendude and Will.
Mind if I ask for your thoughts about Raptor?

Oracle

Smash Master
Wow mask you beat nintendude? Good stuff. I think mask is a very solid contender for 3rd spot but its hard to say since metroid is so beastly

Raptor is really good. Infinity beat him but it was super close and it got recorded iirc. Itll be up on tourneylocator youtube so subscribe and itll be in your feed

@ DrinkingFood DrinkingFood yup time for ppl to realize rob needs 4 gyros that dont go away to be viable

Last edited:

POOB

Smash Journeyman
Also, I have to support @ Lawn Chair Lawn Chair . I played a MM with him and he was the hardest MK I've ever played. I think he absolutely deserves to be on this list. He's a really smart player with an insane combination of neutral game and combo game. He gave me great advice based on my weaknesses as well, which I thought about the rest of the day and I improved a lot due to it. (Thanks a lot btw if you read this lol)

Bellioes

Smash Lord
I see you added Porkchops to the list for falco. His match against K9 from SKTAR3 is already uploaded and we got nothing else so might as well put it up for now.

I think he did a good job. Despite the taunt spam in match 3, it was a good set.

Heres the link, though I am on mobile so it might not show up. Its on the Clash Tournments channel in case it doesnt.

SKTAR3 Porkchops vs K9 - Loser's Bracket
http://youtu.be/SPVs9hsM-h4

BluntedMask

Smash Apprentice
Uhhh, there's a bit of a stiff competition at the moment, since Android, Yomi, and Metroid are all viable for the third spot. I see that you've beaten Nintendude and Will.
Mind if I ask for your thoughts about Raptor?
Raptor is a very solid yoshi, he did things I didn't even know about. Each game was last stock 100%+.

It was a crazy set. I think he should be considered for a spot on the yoshi list.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
SKTAR was so much hype.
Didn't even know Vanguard was #3 spot for samus. He wanted to MM me but for some dumb reason I never got around to it.
@Vanguard I'd def want to mm you for that spot or something lol

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I also beat POOB in a MM, 2-0. :>

Lawn Chair

Smash Journeyman
I beat Nintendude as well guys, from what he told me when I played him at Fight Pitt 4 he doesn't think he is that great he just uses Game&Watch Gimmicks. But I surpassed that because of my Gdubs training against @Velocity in Melee. Thx bby

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Were any of Raptors matches recorded?! He got eliminated literally right before they started streaming matches ...:/

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
Were any of Raptors matches recorded?! He got eliminated literally right before they started streaming matches ...:/
infinity v raptor was recorded on the tourney locator setup, it should be up in a few days on the tourney locator youtube channel :)

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I'm curious to see footage of all the Link mains who went. From placings alone, it appears that Wolf did the best. Not really surprised.

Wolf_

Smash Journeyman
I'm curious to see footage of all the Link mains who went. From placings alone, it appears that Wolf did the best. Not really surprised.
No footage of me, most people never got on stream, I loved playing Link dittos with all the Link mains, me and Eli only managed 1 friendly unfortunately but it was fun(as much fun as you can have playing against Luigi lol)

@Hylian you better come back around this area some time you're a cool dude lol I liked hanging out with you and the other Link mains, and get me that picture you took of all of us man

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Raptor is a very solid yoshi, he did things I didn't even know about. Each game was last stock 100%+.

It was a crazy set. I think he should be considered for a spot on the yoshi list.
Considering there really isn't much competition on the list, it's not a hard choice lol

SKTAR was so much hype.
Didn't even know Vanguard was #3 spot for samus. He wanted to MM me but for some dumb reason I never got around to it.
@Vanguard I'd def want to mm you for that spot or something lol
Vanguard doesn't really play as Samus, so I wouldn't mind giving you the third Samus spot if you could give me some results.

Also, @ Lawn Chair Lawn Chair has been put up as the third spot in Meta Knight over k9 and Infinity has been raised to the first spot over Plup due to his recent performance at SKTAR 3. I should warn you Lawn Chair tho, the Meta Knight column is one of the stiffest so far, and players like k9 and DSF will definitely be ready to take the spot in the near future, especially DSF since at this point he's more of a hidden boss. But I think at this point you've earned yourself a spot on this list.

I'm looking over the Charizard section too, and I may consider replacing Yomi for Metroid. Mask, sorry, but for now I need slightly more results, as both Yomi and Metroid have been slightly outperforming you lately (Yomi has been placing well at National European tournaments). Unless I'm missing something?

D

Deleted member

wait wait wait pitzer is considered the 3rd best roy?

Yeah we need to get some more roy players

LeroyJankins400

Smash Rookie
I feel like K9 has done way too much these past couple of weeks to lose his spot to someone who claimed he should be on the list just because he got a compliment from Armada and beat some people in friendlies... Also, I already made a previous post about DSF regarding MK. He's told me the character is more of a secondary and he mainly uses Fox in PM.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
critique re: raptor: I'm p. sure he uses red yoshi. we need a money match between him and amsa for that color

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I play yoshi in PM also. I'll be on there soon enough

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I feel like K9 has done way too much these past couple of weeks to lose his spot to someone who claimed he should be on the list just because he got a compliment from Armada and beat some people in friendlies... Also, I already made a previous post about DSF regarding MK. He's told me the character is more of a secondary and he mainly uses Fox in PM.
It's not just that, k9 also tremendously underperformed in this tournament against two opponents who aren't well-known. Simply having victories over opponents you've played many times over doesn't really mean much when you get upsetted in major tournaments featuring different opponents. Lawn Chair did perform very well at STKAR 3 and previous tournaments, and many players have a recommended him to be the better player (albeit slightly). That being said, I understand k9 has been performing very well and I'm still looking at his UFGTX results and comparing them at the moment. I want to see performance on both sides, and hopefully this will encourage K9 to improve, especially after the experience he gained from Infinity and his matches at SKTAR 3. I look forward to his next appearances, because generally when he's down, he bounces back up twice as hard. Also if Lawn Chair slacks off...

EDIT:
BTW if people can give me a heads up of who's coming to Super SWEET that'd be great.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

lawnchair is def one of the best MKs and one of the best players in PA

i could see it going either way

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Hi everybody!

First - it's a huge compliment to me that you've put me in first place on the Meta Knight list! Thank you very much for the support :) I do, however, have to disagree. I have not yet played against Plup, but I'm certain that he's the better player after discussing things with some of the other guys from the Florida group. For now I believe that he still deserves the top slot.

That being said - I also have to agree that while K9's performance at SKTAR was underwhelming his results outside of that tournament support a ranking on our list. Lawn Chair is a very cool guy and is definitely a great player, but after playing against both him and K9 (Lawn Chair in a tournament set and K9 in several, several serious games) I must say that K9 is the better player between the two of them.

Ultimately when it comes to raw player skill the list should most likely be Plup, K9, then myself, but raw player skill will only carry you so far in a high-level tournament. The difference between myself and K9 is that I have more experience with weird, random matchups (Yoshi is a good example; he lost vs Raptor where I won vs Raptor) and I adapt to odd situations slightly faster than he does. I believe that gives me a slight edge in a high level tournament over K9, but given a little bit more exposure and experience he will very definitely overtake me at some point soon.

At this point I believe that the Meta Knight list should most likely be Plup, Infinity, K9. Just my two cents; thanks again everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom