• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Please take me off Zelda. I'm finished maining her. She is waaaaay too fraudulent imo, and is just an overall unviable character in the long run (despite what Zhime will tell you lol).

erm, why? i'm having the most problems with zelda in this game by far, what makes her bad?

Blondie.

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why you're having trouble with her. Just pick a character with either semi-decent mobility, or semi-decent range so that you can just sit right outside her land-cancelled Nayru's range and punish everything she does. I don't know if you're just unfamiliar in the MU, but once you learn her bull ****, she is super easy to shutdown. Sheik, Marth, Fox, Falco, Link, Ike, Wolf... the list goes on, are super difficult MUs for her. Ya she has some dumb gimmicks and can combo pretty hard once she gets a good hit, but as long as you just keep her pinned down in the neutral, she can't get anything started.

What Zeldas are you playing that are giving you trouble? It seriously baffles me how many people I see who don't know how to fight Zelda.

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
Anyone going to Apex want to MM my Pit? I can't enter because of the ****ing entry cap. :|

Vying for that #1 Pit. **** you, Armada.

Also, I'm going to close in on you, ZSS players.

D

Deleted member

What Zeldas are you playing that are giving you trouble? It seriously baffles me how many people I see who don't know how to fight Zelda.

only the ones that know how to play her well. and i have no exp vs her gimmicks at all.

also i'll body you guys at MB

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I use Up + Z to DACUS. I thought it wasn't supposed to work anymore with grab??, and had wasted my time trying to remap/redo how I DACUS. I'm getting it back down in this game, just means slowing down inputs n stuff. I don't play many characters that it's useful on, so I tend to disregard it overall. I probably don't need to be doing DACUS with Marth

That reminds me: Ganon's Usmash hitboxes seem real dookie when it comes to people in front/close near him at the knee kaps. Part of the reason I don't DACUS with him is that you can slide right in someone's face with it and not even clip them, it makes me sad!
grab as a DACUS option works, it's just that you get a frame less to work with (so if the DACUS is two frames, you get one, and one frame DACUS won't work at all)

sooooo: should we just put aMSa as first for yoshi, just save some effort from the getgo

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Gonna have some ic's videos up soon against metroid/sb if you want to put them up for lack of footage, though just friendlies.

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
grab as a DACUS option works, it's just that you get a frame less to work with (so if the DACUS is two frames, you get one, and one frame DACUS won't work at all)

sooooo: should we just put aMSa as first for yoshi, just save some effort from the getgo
Vman's playing. You not watching his stream?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Regular Len is clearly better than White Len. :3

Ryougi is pretty cool, too I guess.

@ Zwarm, Regular Hanekawa has Black hair and stuff so it's kinda funny. I think that's why NisioIsin decided to call her that (outside of the fact that she was the "darker" half of the character).

Oracle

Smash Master
Im gunning for the yoshi spot! I need my name by more characters

Also DISQO FOR BEST DIDDY #DIDDYKONGCOUNTRY

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
So I finally got around to updating the list.
Changes Made:
Zelda list has been updated by Blondie's request.
Reserved list is gone: Roy and Mewtwo have been officially added to the list
Dr. PeePee has been put as the second place Marth after Sethlon after TO9. I'd like some advice if he's better than Sethlon right now.
Yoshi has been added to the list. I've only seen V3ctorman play, so naturally he's first. But I know aMSa is amazing and I think he's trying out PM now, so I put him on the list beforehand just in case.

So I haven't added any of the other new characters yet aside from Yoshi, M2, and Roy. I have a feeling that the ICs spot will go to Fly and Hylian though.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Sethlon hasn't been really playing Marth much, in anticipation of Roy. I'm sure he would be 100% fine with PP or someone else strong above him.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
you'll lose with gnw game one, then switch to wolf and **** everyone except Otto and a few other people, callin' it now

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I have a feeling that the ICs spot will go to Fly and Hylian though.

I'll have some IC footage up against good players very soon. I don't think Fly plans on playing IC's in PM though if he does he'll certainly be the best with them.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I'll have some IC footage up against good players very soon. I don't think Fly plans on playing IC's in PM though if he does he'll certainly be the best with them.
Sorry about the delay Hylian, it's finals week and I just finished grading everything >.>.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sorry about the delay Hylian, it's finals week and I just finished grading everything >.>.

Haha you're fine man.

On another note I just came up with the sickest IC's combo, saving it for video though :p.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
G-Reg has been putting in some serious DDD work at Smash@Xanadu lately -- I'd recommend he get a spot on the list for sure.

I'm not sure if Fly is going to keep playing much D3 now with the IC out and I heard Heysuess might be switching to Kirby mostly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom