• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 5 Most DREADED Smashers

Zxv

Smash Lord
Yeah, pretty much the inverse of Redact's thread. I find this just as (or more) interesting as knowing who people like to verse.

I dropped it down to 3 because I felt 5 was a bit too many (feel welcome to post more if you feel you have more than 3 rivals).

This is not a thread for who you dislike to play against as a person, but rather who you personally find hard to deal with/you feel knows you too well and thus seems impossible to beat or at least very difficult.

For me:

1) ComboTurtle - He knows me too well. Never beaten him to date.

2) Luke Atyeo - Beats me every single time we verse, except the last Boost we attended. Snake is the worst MU for Peach imo. He made me drop Peach for the Snake MU, actually.

3) Nanda - Personal rival. Never once have I beaten him (haven't versed him in awhile, though. Hopefully he comes to Boost <3)

Post away!

Splice

Smash Hero
1. Afropony - Knows me too well, haven't beaten his MK yet. I think I'm getting the hang of it but it's so irritating that I don't beat him.

2. Tibs - It's annoying to lose to an opponent that has very little idea of why you even lost... I need to improve my knowledge of this MU anyway. But at the moment it's not very fun.

3. Attila - Who will win? You never know!

C~Dog

Smash Champion
1. Toshi - Has beaten me in the most tourneys, I just can't beat his Diddy. I'm getting closer though xD

2. Splice - He beats me the 2nd most. It's fun games though.

3. Uhhhh Tibs/Attila/Afro/etc

Zxv

Smash Lord
Bumped it back up to 5. Feel free to post as few or as many rivals as you think you have. The number isn't important.

Timic83

Smash Ace
Moorabbin/Hampton East, Melbourne, Australia
1. TIBS, cos doc is impossible
2. cao, cos peach durr
3. redact, cos he can overcome the bad matchup
4. tak, cos i think we're equal but he always wins in the end
5. shaz/ameratsu/other low tier players i don't play often, cos our games are too close

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
1. TIBS, cos doc is impossible
2. cao, cos peach durr
3. redact, cos he can overcome the bad matchup
4. tak, cos i think we're equal but he always wins in the end
5. shaz/ameratsu/other low tier players i don't play often, cos our games are too close
lol what we aren't equal >_>

Dekar289

Smash Hero
they do actually, for a period of 3-4 months earlier this year timic was placing around 5th while you were like 7-9th

Dekar289

Smash Hero
you can have a best of 3 at dgs

round 1 - ssbm
round 2 - looney tunes bball
round 3 - street fight (not street fighter, a street fight. in the street.)

i said earlier in the year tak herp derp

tibs7

Smash Champion
Attila: because, snake makes me rage and can't accept that snake is actually a **** char. Stupid idiot.

Earls mk: because his mk would destroy me offstage and was not fun to play against haha.

Ted: he has sooooooo much patience :(.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
$10 on tak for the street fight.
timic will be smashing him, but then tak will unleash an epileptic fury.

tedeth

Smash Master
I don't think there's anyone I don't like playing against.

In terms of most dreaded as in I see them in my bracket and go "**** it this will be tough:

1. Tibs-Ribs: Always tough to beat. If I don't get a lead it's gonna be an uphill battle. If I get a lead I know he's got the skills to take it away.

2. ZXV: Grab release is the uber-gay.

3. Scooter: Always a tough opponent. Plays smart, learns havits fast, and has no problem being super gay and then whining when you do the same. :p

4. Luke: Knows the Wario MU soooooooooo well. Even though I consider myself a Snake counter he always brings our sets down to the wire.

5. ZXV again because of that gay grab release ****.

S.D

Smash Master
I don't really 'dread' playing anyone, while there are people that I find hard I look forward to playing them most. Kas and Cao are the two that I am still yet to beat but that just makes me want to play them more.

Prob don't like playing Turtle esp in losers coz I want us both to win <3

Oh and Shaya in Brawl bends me over every time these days.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
not to mention that ****** who can 2 stock you whilst taking double the amount of % that you took over the game sd, god dont you love that guy.

brawl is such a dumb game

my top 5 should probably be like a top 3000 since I lose to everyone.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I hate playing against equally skilled people.
That's really about it.

Also I find Peach to be good against Snake.
I managed to beat Oldman's Snake (lol) better with Peach than with Falco.
I hate Diddy and MK the most.

Edit:

Omg.
No I hate Olimar the most.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I hate playing against equally skilled people.
That's really about it.

Also I find Peach to be good against Snake.
I managed to beat Oldman's Snake (lol) better with Peach than with Falco.
I hate Diddy and MK the most.

Edit:

Omg.
No I hate Olimar the most.
play my olimar

im so good (8

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
and if you figure out how to beat utilt spam (which isnt actually that hard) all snake needs is nair.
or grenades.
or ac uair.
or any move.

Zero

Smash Hero
Snake taunt hard counters Peach

Snake crawl hard counters Peach

Snake just standing there hard counters Peach

**** Snake :<

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
snake utilt hard penetrates peach.

esp when peach tries dair pressure. 'tilldog knows what im saying. w

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
nah, as amazing as utilt is, its avoidable and if you rely on it too much you get *****.
peach can easily float bait out the utilt and punish it, I find generally a good mix of utilt, nair and mortar sliding undernearth the float works best.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
nah, as amazing as utilt is, its avoidable and if you rely on it too much you get *****.
peach can easily float bait out the utilt and punish it, I find generally a good mix of utilt, nair and mortar sliding undernearth the float works best.
>bait float dair
>shield
>shielddrop utilt
>**** *****es

all I was really talking about tbh, I don't know snake well enough to make sweeping assumptions like you thought I was. :p

frame advantage is a wonderful thing.

Remastered

Smash Lord
50:50 or 55:45 in Snakes favor imo. Only reason is I have seen good peach v snake matches. Usually dragged out because snake can't tilt or camp on a decent Peach. Only reason snake would have an advantage is because of a larger amount of options to punish and overall killing power at low percents. You have to play a ***** peach to win, but I have seen the MU in action from 2 very skilled players.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
mmm dunno, its not that hard to camp if you know grenades well, and peach never kills snake, snake can kill with anything, further more its quite easy to take control of the stage and then peach cant do ****

Top Bottom