• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 10 Best Peaches In The World.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
in my last post, i meant that i do better against your MARTH than i do against Jman's FOX.
Its sad that ultra defensive/campy foxes are considered good. The fact that it works to the point where the match-up becomes near impossible for Peach is really, really stupid.

For god sakes even mediocre Foxes would win if all they did was camp. they'd never have to use anything that wasn't drillshine, uthrow, usmash, uair and laser.

Do you guys think campy fox = good fox? I know he's just playing to win but like..ugh. disgusting.

Cia

das kwl
Its sad that ultra defensive/campy foxes are considered good. The fact that it works to the point where the match-up becomes near impossible for Peach is really, really stupid.

For god sakes even mediocre Foxes would win if all they did was camp. they'd never have to use anything that wasn't drillshine, uthrow, usmash, uair and laser.

Do you guys think campy fox = good fox? I know he's just playing to win but like..ugh. disgusting.
well he's a very skilled fox. he has insane technical ability and could probably beat me with out the excessive camping, but in tournament it's like "why not"

camping is obviously safer than approaching. so if you wanna win without taking chances, camp. it is terrible that a peach user could lose a match to a player that's not as skilled, but that's just the way it works.

in fact, Jman just beat Cort in tournament a little while ago. I'm not entirely sure if he's as skilled as Cort (certainly not as experienced) but.. ya

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Milkieee: I think this top10 is crap ^^
armada is way too weak for example
cort needa be no1 imo

U don't know what ur talking about, Armada is defintly top 5. Play him when he gets to USA, if ur going to the Boston tournement.

U will understand what i mean by teh time u play him... if u ever do.

Cort

Apple Head
I beat JMan with my Peach and went Marth the remainder of our tournament sets and got stage spiked at like 20 and did stupid things to get edge hogged at like 0 and lost a few games I shouldn't have.

But we were both kind of diicking around (except he tried camping my Peach first set but I think I still won 2 out of 3 matches)

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
>_> Fox = Hard Gay. I'd rather play Marth/Sheik than a Fox any day. I gotta agree with VaNz on this one. My worst matchup is Fox by far. *waits for the unnecessary flames*Campy Fox = Harder and Gayer Fox by far. I wouldn't say it = good player, though. JMan is a beast, but he does go campy a LOT, xD. However...I will say that Fox is easier to Punish once you get a hold of him. Still a harder matchup though.

Samochan

Smash Master
Campy fox is gaaaah, annoying *****... however easier to deal with than marth imo, but sadly I lack marth experience and haven't dealt with that matchup too much recently, so I'm very rusty and try to play against him like space animals. <_< Fox can get comboed and punished if you get it going so that's a plus and on some stages it's harder to camp for him. I can also dsmash fox and edgeguard better, esp. since I play pal version fox is a more favorable matchup for me to play than marth. I'd do well to get my marth matchup skills up to par with my space animal skills however, otherwise I continue to get pwned by good marfs. <_<

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
campy fox is gay, like everyone above already stated. Defensive play is too powerful in melee. I loved when back in the day I could watch Peach vs. Fox without seeing lasers.

Baiting dsmashes and grabs and getting drillshines. mid-range dding and looking for grabs. smart aggro foxes I can respect, or a fox that mixes both. I'm so happy we don't have a single campy fox in canada.

Anyways...top 10 peach..Mike G and Cort are my favs by far. too bad mike doesn't play anymore.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
I enjoy fighting fox. I enjoy fighting all of the top tiers, but Fox is my favorite matchup. I also use vastly different counter-pick stages than most Peaches.

Cia

das kwl
i just played Jman today and he murdered my Peach <_<.. i know the fox match up, but it's incredibly stupid. In the end, i just went sheik. PEACH JUST DOESN'T WORK!

samo - yeah, in pal peach definitely does better against fox.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
The only thing thatæs changed from NTSC to PAL is the usmash. It's a bit weaker, so i still think that fox could **** peach in PAL as well :p

Samochan

Smash Master
The only thing thatæs changed from NTSC to PAL is the usmash. It's a bit weaker, so i still think that fox could **** peach in PAL as well :p
Firefox also changed to lot shorter version (coincidentally allowing for a lot more effective edgeguard and edgehogs at lower%) and fox is -2 lighter now. But otherwise fox works the same, pwning peach.

JFox

Smash Hero

People just aren't used to fighting that style IMO. The key to fighting laser camping is to predict where they are gonna go when you catch up to them. If you attack them, you are always just gonna be chasing them. If you attack where they are gonna be, than you have a hit. Once you get that hit, you just need to make sure u keep the pressure on enough that you get follow up hits.

I'm not saying that that is easy, but thats what is necessary. Its not like the match isn't possible, just a little tricky. Peach v Fox is all about dem mindgrains, nah meen?

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Marth is by far Peach's worst match up. Peach has virtually NOTHING over Marth. The most she can do is get dash attacks in when the Marth messes up his spacing or right after he lands from an aerial. That's really it.

At least Peach can punish Fox really well if the Fox messes up his spacing and/or if the Peach player predicts the Fox's movement patterns when the Fox is laser/platform camping.

Cia

das kwl
Marth is by far Peach's worst match up. Peach has virtually NOTHING over Marth. The most she can do is get dash attacks in when the Marth messes up his spacing or right after he lands from an aerial. That's really it.

At least Peach can punish Fox really well if the Fox messes up his spacing and/or if the Peach player predicts the Fox's movement patterns when the Fox is laser/platform camping.
I really wish you guys could see..

the only reason you guys think marth is harder to fight is because you're going on the assumption that fox will make a mistake.

at least peach can camp marth and punish his lag. you can't even shield grab fox, WTF.. whatever

Flan

Smash Journeyman
Excuse me?

I make hungrybox look aggressive.

:bee:
lol, you guys have never seen Brian on a baaaad day. I'll be up a few stocks on him and he will refuse to approach me for at least 5 minutes.

Also, I rarely ever get Waveshined anymore, but maybe that cuz my opponent keeps getting punished ever time he messes up XD

cba

Smash Master
lol, you guys have never seen Brian on a baaaad day. I'll be up a few stocks on him and he will refuse to approach me for at least 5 minutes.

Also, I rarely ever get Waveshined anymore, but maybe that cuz my opponent keeps getting punished ever time he messes up XD
you wouldve not said that a year and a half from now.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend

I've seen your Brian. Your Brian is soft things compared to me.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
you wouldve not said that a year and a half from now.
lol probably not but that just depends if my opponent decides to start Waveshining me again. Peter (Sylar) always seems to catch me with one per set though.

I've seen your Brian. Your Brian is soft things compared to me.
Oh yeah, he was up there like two weekends ago. Btw, you guys spelled his name wrong on the Crew Battle.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
lol probably not but that just depends if my opponent decides to start Waveshining me again. Peter (Sylar) always seems to catch me with one per set though.

Oh yeah, he was up there like two weekends ago. Btw, you guys spelled his name wrong on the Crew Battle.
I didn't name people in crew battle. Mostly because I got there at like 11 when the crew battle had long-since finished.

Also, I should move to Florida so I can be whipped by XIF.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
Maybe your region has the luxury of imperfect Foxes that make mistakes, but down in Florida a messed up drill shine is 20 lashes.

AKA: They don't mess up.
Is this assuming I'm putting myself in the position to get waveshined in the first place, and the other fox messing up? =p

Waveshining is hardly a feat, and technical foxes are a dime a dozen really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom