• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 10 Best Peaches In The World.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
Haha, yeah I suck vs Peach. The matchup is definitely heavy in Fox's favor though, given that you are willing to laser gay and such. My heavy use of jabbing gets me so *****. >.>

Also, Kirbstir is too good. :laugh:
We should play not-brawl sometime

K1T3

Smash Lord
Oh and exarch, where would u implement the powershield dsmash? Your sayin powershield the drill and dsmash before the shine?
JFox, I was thinking more of using it against his other aerials. But Smiles spams it against Foxes, and I think he does it on anything (I think that's what I've seen him do anyways).

Also, thank you for not dismissing what I said.
Powershielding the drill and dsmashing works decently fine. It won't work if he comes straight down on you as there are too many drill hits but the only time he really does that is if he jumps from his shield to a drill in which case you can normally predict it and make him whiff and downsmash or grab. Otherwise he'll normally be running/jumping at you to where not all drill hits will connect and the powershield will negate 2 ish drill hits and often allow you to downsmash it, if more hits connect though then it won't worked and you'll get shined.

Powershielding his nair is quite easy and if he doesn't have experience against that happening it will allow you to downsmash, against bair also works fine but I find it a bit harder to do.

Once the fox notices you PSing a lot they will focus on grab uthrow uair but unless they're near frame perfect it's easy to dodge out and even if they do it right smash DIing out isn't that difficult either.

The problem is even without these approaches fox is still fine. Running away and lasering is just waayyy too good. This is the prime way foxes tend to **** me, also somehow due to my nubishness I guess I end up doing an empty floatcanceled fair at some point trying to chase him down and fox always manages a free usmash from this which is how they kill me...

As far as Smiles he spams powershield on any character not just fox. It's just kinda whenever he remembers or someone tells him to. I remember a lulzy peach vs puff match where he powershielded almost everything cause we told him to but it made little difference since it was against a puff that spaced well. Yeah though it works best on Falco/Fox as they're fastfallers and dsmash is too fun on them, though it's plenty useful on other characters and as other characters as well.

Powershielding is great and all but only has an effect if you could normally block the attack, there are still plenty of times where fox or any character will get attacks in that you don't see coming. So even without fox running away and lasering he can still kill a peach that's amazing at powershielding just fine. Smiles is the best powershielder I know of (or was pre brawl as I havn't kept up with melee lately as I should, though CJ and a couple other japanese were pretty good at it as well from what I could tell, so I'll go with best I know of in US) and he still lost to FastLikeTree's Fox and Caveman's Fox most sets and they're just a couple of Texas players and neither of them laser camped they were both aggressive foxes. (granted they would always be close matches and close sets)

hoopspr226

Smash Journeyman
up b out of shield seems like it would work if they are already on top of you

or if you see it coming maybe power through with a dash attack or time a neutral air

K1T3

Smash Lord
Dear Cort,

What do I do when Sheik is fairing my shield back and forth? I dunno what to do. T_T

Reference Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3kCS7O4XL4

Thanks.
This isn't the ask Cort thread....
What you were doing is fine for the most part though.
You have to catch sheik while she's rising is the gist of it. Shiek, in most cases, won't slap till the apex of their jump so they don't leave themselves open after the fair also for easier l cancel and fast fall. Because of this as long as you have good reaction time can jump nair them when they start their jump and it will get them before they get to the top of their jump and actually fair. They can somewhat avoid this with the second jump mix up so just fast fall and land behind them a bit and at least you'll get hit back across the stage instead of faird off in the worst case. Up B as they said above can work depending on their positioning and won't let them do the second jump mix up either.
If they are a bit farther from you to where you can't nair or uB them you can catch them before their fair with dash attack in most cases just make sure to DI during it in case you trade hits.
If you don't react fast enough and catch them before they would normally fair then your best option is to roll away. Never down dodge they can easily delay or just land depending on when you downdodge.

Nice peach though.
Mango should be using fox vs peach I think, but a shiek is fine too I guess.
Edit: Lol, just looked at the other matches he did use fox =P

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
'Cause it's hard I think. I enjoy it too when they don't camp. When they camp I get annoyed.

@ Shinobi: WD back Fsmash owns that BS, or Fsmash in general has a perfect hitbox for people who like to approach peach from that area. Peach doesn't have a lot of priority in that area, so people like to abuse it. Fsmash is a perfect counter to this (although unfortunately it's only one hit : / )

Another option you have is to spotdodge the fair and CC dsmash. If sheik spaces the fair and you CC and get hit by it, dsmash wont hit. If you spotdodge the fair and CC whatever buffering move sheik tags on the end of it, dsmash is long enough to get to the properly spaced whiffed fair range.

Or WD back dash attack. Dash attack beats everything a forward facing sheik has in the air. I mean, I see a sheik jump, and I immediately try to figure out if I can dash attack her before she lands.

Or roll when you see him jump, although be ready to CC or DI the bair he changes to, I'd use this as a last option.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Psht foxes don't have mindgames, that's why they're playing fox. they know nothing of trixey empty sh's.

except PC
But seriously, they've got to waveland the right way which is a 50/50 chance assuming they try to empty SH in the first place. Most foxes wouldn't dream of jumping at someone without an aerial out, or shining afterwards. Doing either of these means the roll is safe. If you ever do get them to start doing the waveland stuff, just grab them out of their jumps. Introducing mixups is good.
I find jumping at Peach and wavelanding outside her D-smash/Jab/Nair range is rather effective, because it puts me in a good position to punish her for doing stuff, but I suck and play bad Peaches so I wouldn't know if that works vs good ones.

On that note, I think if you're going to try to dodge Fox's drill or waveland or whatever with roll or grab or such then Fox has a much larger window to react to whatever you're doing than you do for him, but perhaps I'm looking into this too much.

Hypothetical smash is hypothetical. In reality I'd probably just laser and try to run the time out or kill you with a random Bair or such.

Samochan

Smash Master
Another option you have is to spotdodge the fair and CC dsmash. If sheik spaces the fair and you CC and get hit by it, dsmash wont hit. If you spotdodge the fair and CC whatever buffering move sheik tags on the end of it, dsmash is long enough to get to the properly spaced whiffed fair range.
If my memory serves me correct, peach'll drop down from ftilt at around 60% or so if she tries to cc, then sheik would get a free dash attack. Against jab works fine though.
Or WD back dash attack. Dash attack beats everything a forward facing sheik has in the air. I mean, I see a sheik jump, and I immediately try to figure out if I can dash attack her before she lands.
Oh I love this move =D Gets way too predictable after a while though and then a simple shield suffices as a counter. <.< Better go for a wd back fc nair dsmash or grab approach once in a while. Against someone pressurign shield however, after the jab unless they ftilt peach can jump out from shield and nair that grasshopper from below.

Against fox peach needs to do her moves like, half a second early the latest in order to not get outpaced since fox is so fast and pea. But then again, that's enough time for fox to change plans out of reaction or just do something else you didn't predict. <_< So it's a double-edged sword for peach.

Cia

das kwl
oh, there's something I've been wanting to know.

In teams, when your teammate grabs your opponent and Peach Dsmashes, sometimes they just take damage and remain in the grab. Does anyone know a spacing trick to make this happen more frequently??

Samochan

Smash Master
oh, there's something I've been wanting to know.

In teams, when your teammate grabs your opponent and Peach Dsmashes, sometimes they just take damage and remain in the grab. Does anyone know a spacing trick to make this happen more frequently??
Actually there's a specific spacing for this trick to make it work, so they take the full damage of the dsmash (for some reason). Yuna I think, explained it to me once as he can do it, but I can't recall anymore how long the distance was. <_< Somewhat like slap distance, dunno, you need to experiment.

Cia

das kwl
oooh, thanks. so wait, do the "spammed" Dsmashes need to hit something in order to lose power (like brawl <_<) or can I just throw them out there to weaken it??

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Um... I never thought it had anything to do with spamming it to make it weak. You just have to space it really well. It's hard but it's all spacing. I've done in multiple times in team matches.

Also, my partner would time a grab jab at the right moment when the last hit of my Dsmash connects. I don't know if that helps keep the grabbed opponent from flying or not but it sure seems like it does. At the very least it helps add damage.

Samochan

Smash Master
I am disappointed at the lack of female representation. Perhaps that will change if I step up to the plate ;]
Who I am then, chopped meat? >_>

And basically 70% of the smash female population plays peach, rest play another female char lol.

But yea, being top 10 peaches in the world requires quite load of skill, so maybe not female representation there. =D

kirbstir

Smash Lord
I am disappointed at the lack of female representation. Perhaps that will change if I step up to the plate ;]
As long as that plate is on top of a stove you should be good to go

;)

(I kid, I kid)

Cort

Apple Head
I've always said Peach's fsmash should be a frying pan, baby and a washing machine instead of the racket and golf club.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Mango, u should stp being a top tier b1ch, and start focusing on ur Puff, cuz last time i checked, ur puff got beaten by SS and Pink Shinoby. No, im not saying those players are bad, but i really thought ur Puff would beat those players. U won pound 3 after all (with puff!)

So stop fking around with top tiers, and start pimping ur puff again, yeah, i really hope u change ur mind after reading this :D

We all love ur puff, so please focus on ur puff, and **** everyone again!

Thanks...
~ Zephy

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
I've always said Peach's fsmash should be a frying pan, baby and a washing machine instead of the racket and golf club.
LMAO you must be the guy who came up with "cookin' mama"

Vegard

Smash Lord
Firefox also changed to lot shorter version (coincidentally allowing for a lot more effective edgeguard and edgehogs at lower%) and fox is -2 lighter now. But otherwise fox works the same, pwning peach.
pwning peach... lol, and the down smash is also weaker. doesn't really matter vs peach tho

JFox

Smash Hero
I know this thread always starts up drama, but i miss it, and hell these boards could use a little something to spice them up. So I thought **** it, lets talk about top 10 peaches.

So if anyone wants to chime in, we should try and get a rough idea together. I think that the best way to get over the past peach's is just to take all of them out (this includes mike g, cort, vidjo, etc). I am gonna get the ball rollin and throw out a draft and than people can tweak in if they give reasonable suggestions.

OK:

Armada
Pink Shinobi
Vwins
Xelic
Wife
Vanz
DOH

After that things get pretty hazey. What do you guys think?

If you disagree with the above list, please give logical reasoning, dont come in here and make remarks. Commenting/conversing or building the list forward are all a good way to contribute.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I understand that yes I'm canadian, and I know I haven't been around tournaments to see how well Xelic and Vwins do in person, but I feel with what Vwins has done recently, in comparison to Xelic (who has been on hiatus if I'm correct) Vwins deserves the higher spot. Pink Shinobi vs Vwins is close though, both started exposing their Peaches as good ones (PS taking out SS and stuff, Vwins winning tournaments in Canada and placing high in the states)

It's close, but Armada takes the top throne easy. Vanz deserves his spot though, he's been doing real well lately, after DoH it really doesn't matter, lol.

And no Jfox, that's not an attack at you and other peaches that post, it's just after that the rest of the peaches place like 25th highest at big tournaments lol.

Edit: Cort is probably still better than PS and Vwins though, not to meatride but its true.

JFox

Smash Hero
plz dont bring up cort/vidjo/xif/anyone else that is very inactive

oh and yea, i agree with you about vwins being better, i actually meant to put him below vwins, that was a typo. ill change that

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
plz dont bring up cort/vidjo/xif/anyone else that is very inactive

oh and yea, i agree with you about vwins being better, i actually meant to put him below vwins, that was a typo. ill change that
Cort played at RoM, that wasn't THAT long ago, especially since thats been one of the larger scale tournaments of the year with lots of talent from US and Canada.

lol I wouldn't even bring up Vidjo and XiF, since both haven't done much, I think XiF had lost to someone in florida who doesn't have much of rep? I remember seeing results of him losing to someone I've never heard of ever.

Quaz

Smash Master
a lot of peaches from back in the day pretty much quit I think.

I remember mikaels (sp?) peach was able to match with ken's marth like 3 years ago or someting.

midwest used to have some decent peaches (vidjo, mikey L, Ignatius) but they're all past their time.

Wife was really good, sastopher was really amazing, Mike G was fun to watch.

theres not really that many more amazing peaches left lol.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Wife still plays lol (makes me wanna update my post and put DoH above/same level as Wife) and he really hasn't quit yet either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom