• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tomarrow is my birthday, but I'm getting my presents today, so...

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
I would think any of the other controller options would be better than just the Wiimote.

I use Classic when I play, and I like it a lot. I had to change its control scheme up some, but I quickly got very used to it.

It doesn't have rumble though, so if that is important to you, you might not want to use it.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Gamecube is 9000 times better but ok.
Much better than Wiimote.
Oh, and this belongs in User Blogs (I think)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Classic is good. It has a longer stick though and the buttons have different placements. It's all a matter of preference. Great if you have a lot of friends but have trouble getting a lot of controllers.

TheMike

Smash Lord
Asking ur question... Yes, it's better than Wiimote and it's also good for brawl. However, GC Controller is better than the Classic Controller IMO ^.-

The Classic Controller and the Gamecube controller are nearly the same, except for different button placement.

The first one I got was the Classic, so I just went with it. I'm not even sure if it's worth getting the Gamecube one now.

Classic Controller, buy it.

thoko

Smash Rookie
I personally use either the Wiimote sideways, or a GC controller. IMO Classic controller feels weird to use in Brawl, same with the Wiimote+nunchuk

sammy p

Smash Lord
well.... i used to use the wiimote up till about 2 weeks ago! lolol
but now im using the gamecube and i DO enjoy it! so ummm.... if you have a gamecube coontroller by any chance, try picking that up

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
12? What is this, I don't even-

Happy Birthday. And yes, the Classic Controller is much better than the Wii Remote. Any of the other control schemes are better than the Wiimote.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
For quite a while, I used the Classic controller. I found the Gamecube controller to be soooo much easier and more fitting for my hands, so I switched to it, but others are different of course.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Classic Controller is ok. Better than Wiimote and/or Nunchuck, but probably not as good as the GC controller.

Whichever works best for you, really (well for Classic vs GC, anyway. Wiimote/Wiimote + Nunchuck are horrible and give you way less choices.)

Top Bottom