• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tom Nook for SSBB: Far from Deconfirmed.

MySmash

Smash Cadet
Tom Nook is an important character who plays a major part of the story. That is why is he is more popular than Slider.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Most people who support KK only do so because they want to fight with a guitar. Thing is, such a moveset HARDLY represents the spirit of Animal Crossing properly. KK is a once-a-week character, who plays one song a week.

AC isn't about guitars or music. It's about the items.

Fawriel

Smash Master
The text underneath the music bar:

ひー。おもしろい!
Wee. How fun!
こんなワザが出来るなんて、さすがオリジナルの開発者。
Being able to do this move is so typical of that original developer! (ie. Sakurai)

なんだか肉じゃが作りたくなりますね。
Somehow I feel like cooking now.

The lyrics during the DS Cooking song are a satire of the real DS Cooking Navi in which a talking chef takes you through the process of making a dish. He sounds just like this in the DS game and the music heard is the main theme heard at the start of the game.

"Now, let's make some Smash!"
So, like, nevermind me!
I really hope it's in the other versions, too. A Final Smash with a theme song is just too brilliant.

By the way, someone suggested that if the AC rep is an Animal Crosser, they could choose the girl called Ai from the movie.

I wouldn't mind that, she's an actual individual and cute enough.

EDIT: ...hang on, that would mean beating up a little girl.
...I'll pass.

gregthepirate

Smash Apprentice
AC isn't about guitars or music. It's about the items.
I'm going to say it's more about communication. That's the whole point of the game, actually. Well, that and choice.

Semi-Unrelated: I hope that if you don't play on smashville for a few days, you come back to a weed-infested town. Only, this time, you won't have to pick weeds for nine hours.

Lant

Smash Journeyman
Tom Nook is the face of Nintendo's newest up and coming series Animal Crossing. It combines addictive gameplay with cutsey characters. The story starts with you having to work for Tom nook to pay of a loan on your brand new house! He also provides you with updates for your home and even after you've payed him off you see him every single day still. He did appear in one the background for the stage Smashville in Brawl however he had his nephew Timmy and Tommy's head and one of his more obscure outfits which doesn't really make sense. The AC logo in Brawl is the logo on Nook's apron (not in my recoloured pictured) and on Nook's Cranny.

*Crashes a spaceship into thread*

Pckowwww! Noooooooo.

I've underlined and bolded the reasons where I disagree strongly.

a) He's not 'cutsey' or cutesy or anything like that, he's a bloody racoon.
b) He's a loan pirate! He deserves to have his head crushed under a lorry.

That and, why would he be good in Brawl?! As a punching bag? We already have one. Honestly, I'm not saying he WON'T be in Brawl, but he SHOULDN'T be in Brawl, neither should Lip! They're both rejects. They suck! They are not fit for a fighting game! Tom Nook used to own a fighting club you say! Who cares?! Did you ever SEE him fight? Does he state that he participated himself? He's a freaking racoon, what's he going to do for an UP B, SOFA BOUNCE?

Honestly, if he is in Brawl, all you can look foward to is being e-assualted by me over and over and over so hard that Tom Nook is physically removed from your gamedisk.

Oh, last point. He's in the background of the stage in a badly textured and low-polygon form, if he was in the game I'm pretty sure they wouldn't use two different models for him, and I doubt that they'd use such a bad looking model as the one of him in the background. But whatever, if he is in, I'll just pummel him. Alot.

/Rant

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I think Animal Crossing characters would be better off serving as cameo appearances rather than full-fledged playable characters. Does anyone from that game look like they have a fighting spirit?
I guess it'd still be better that having a nintendog playable - that would be just ridiculous...
I second that notion. It seems they'll be cameos considering Mr. Resetti is an assist trophy.

Whut

Smash Cadet
*Crashes a spaceship into thread*

Pckowwww! Noooooooo.

I've underlined and bolded the reasons where I disagree strongly.

a) He's not 'cutsey' or cutesy or anything like that, he's a bloody racoon.
b) He's a loan pirate! He deserves to have his head crushed under a lorry.

That and, why would he be good in Brawl?! As a punching bag? We already have one. Honestly, I'm not saying he WON'T be in Brawl, but he SHOULDN'T be in Brawl, neither should Lip! They're both rejects. They suck! They are not fit for a fighting game! Tom Nook used to own a fighting club you say! Who cares?! Did you ever SEE him fight? Does he state that he participated himself? He's a freaking racoon, what's he going to do for an UP B, SOFA BOUNCE?

Honestly, if he is in Brawl, all you can look foward to is being e-assualted by me over and over and over so hard that Tom Nook is physically removed from your gamedisk.

Oh, last point. He's in the background of the stage in a badly textured and low-polygon form, if he was in the game I'm pretty sure they wouldn't use two different models for him, and I doubt that they'd use such a bad looking model as the one of him in the background. But whatever, if he is in, I'll just pummel him. Alot.

/Rant

lololololol.

Super Smash Bros. is a game series where Nintendo characters from all their respective, established franchises come and meet up to engage in combat. Now with the exception of third party characters in Brawl, of course.

Now, considering the fact that SSB is a crossover fighting game from all different genres, why SHOULDN'T he be in Brawl? Some of the characters -seem- like they shouldn't be in a fighting game, as well (Going by your standards). Ice Climbers, anyone? In their original game, the duo's objective is to retrieve their stolen vegetables. Mr. Game and Watch? Seriously.

"Did you ever SEE him fight?"

Pretty sure you never saw any of those three fight before Melee.

And Tom Nook is really a Tanuki/Tanooki.

Also, some characters are based off of animals like Pikachu.

And why would they use a heavily detailed model for the background?

"b) He's a loan pirate! He deserves to have his head crushed under a lorry."

Ganondorf is a villain, I think he's the more suitable contestant. Well, if you go from an in-character stand point. Tom Nook doesn't mind if you take your time. He says this in the game, at least.

A bunch of your arguments are very loose and are only filled by your airy opinions. Give me facts. Well, all in all, SSB is where characters from their franchises meet and go into combat. It doesn't matter if they had previous fighting experience or not, it's just a Nintendo All-Star bout.

One last opinion, Animal Crossing existed on the N64 and is solidifying in popularity, maintaining itself as an ESTABLISHED franchise. Therefore, it would give no justice to the series if there was no AC rep, well, that's my thought.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
lololololol.

Super Smash Bros. is a game series where Nintendo characters from all their respective, established franchises come and meet up to engage in combat. Now with the exception of third party characters in Brawl, of course.

Now, considering the fact that SSB is a crossover fighting game from all different genres, why SHOULDN'T he be in Brawl? Some of the characters -seem- like they shouldn't be in a fighting game, as well (Going by your standards). Ice Climbers, anyone? In their original game, the duo's objective is to retrieve their stolen vegetables. Mr. Game and Watch? Seriously.

"Did you ever SEE him fight?"

And Tom Nook is really a Tanuki/Tanooki.

Also, some characters are based off of animals like Pikachu.

And why would they use a heavily detailed model for the background?

"b) He's a loan pirate! He deserves to have his head crushed under a lorry."

Ganondorf is a villain, I think he's the more suitable contestant. Well, if you go from an in-character stand point. Tom Nook doesn't mind if you take your time. He says this in the game, at least.

A bunch of your arguments are very loose and are only filled by your airy opinions. Give me facts. Well, all in all, SSB is where characters from their franchises meet and go into combat. It doesn't matter if they had previous fighting experience or not, it's just a Nintendo All-Star bout.

One last opinion, Animal Crossing existed on the N64 and is solidifying in popularity, maintaining itself as an ESTABLISHED franchise. Therefore, it would give no justice to the series if there was no AC rep, well, that's my thought.
BUT HE ARE IN THE BACKROUND LOLOLOLOL

I applaud your post sir. Very well put.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd rather see Tom Nook in as a badass gangster type messing arond the AC humans if they don't pay on time...

Nah, -j/k

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
All right people. Tom Nook will not be playable or an assist trophy since he is in the background of Smashvillle. Look closely as he's wearing different clothes. That alone deconfirms him from being a playable character and as an assist trophy.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
lololololol.

First of all, the Ice Climbers could fight..... ¬¬ And Game and Watch is the ONLY character that has ALL of his moves taken from his games.

Moving on...

Nook is probably, totally deconfirmed. He has appeared in every costume you could think of, and yet people still hold on to him. The fact that they could remove him from the background is a tangent that seriously doesn't help him at all.

Animal Crosser for Brawl.

Whut

Smash Cadet
Ah, you're right. I forgot that the Ice Climber's used their hammers in their original game. xD

HOWEVER.

Note that not all of Mr. Game and Watch's moves were actual 'harming' attacks. For example, the pesticide attack in SSBM was originally used to get rid of bugs from his garden.

That also means that the developers can breathe fighting spirit into normal, everyday movements. So, why can't a shop keeper fight when a 'gardener', 'firefighter', 'chef' or even a guy who jumps across turtles can?

Look closely as he's wearing different clothes. That alone deconfirms him from being a playable character and as an assist trophy.
Honestly, while looking at both sides of the argument and reading this, I don't think that evidence is sufficient enough to fully "de-confirm" Tom Nook.

The fact that they could remove him from the background is a tangent that seriously doesn't help him at all
Clarify this, please! Even though we still don't know that Tom Nook may or may not be in the background when he's in play (If he turns out to be a confirmed character, that is), I don't see why that won't help him.

Nook's Cranny

Smash Rookie
All right people. Tom Nook will not be playable or an assist trophy since he is in the background of Smashvillle. Look closely as he's wearing different clothes. That alone deconfirms him from being a playable character and as an assist trophy.
No. That does not mean anything.

For one, he is not ALWAYS in the background.

How does wearing different clothes deconfirm him? This is an essential quality that an Animal Crossing stage would need, randomness. All the characters are random and their clothes are random (depending on who it is). No other series needs this kind of trait to feel right, so saying characters are out because of it is groundless. You have no justification from older games, it never happened before.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
HOWEVER.

Note that not all of Mr. Game and Watch's moves were actual 'harming' attacks. For example, the pesticide attack in SSBM was originally used to get rid of bugs from his garden.

That also means that the developers can breathe fighting spirit into normal, everyday movements. So, why can't a shop keeper fight when a 'gardener', 'firefighter', 'chef' or even a guy who jumps across turtles can?
Animal Crosser for Brawl!!

Honestly, while looking at both sides of the argument and reading this, I don't think that evidence is sufficient enough to fully "de-confirm" Tom Nook.
I do.

Clarify this, please! Even though we still don't know that Tom Nook may or may not be in the background when he's in play (If he turns out to be a confirmed character, that is), I don't see why that won't help him.
I don't really know how to put it into words, it'd be simple to remove him from the backround, but really, do you see that as likely? I don't.

Animal Crosser for Brawl!

Whut

Smash Cadet
I'm assuming that you think that the evidence seems sufficient enough to you. Sure, Tom Nook appears in the background with a variety of designs, but I don't see how that can decrease Nook's chances. CONSIDERING that you even said that it would be simple to remove him from the background... (See below).

I don't really know how to put it into words, it'd be simple to remove him from the backround, but really, do you see that as likely? I don't.
You shot yourself in the foot with that statement. If you say that it would be simple to remove him from the background, then why won't it be likely for it to be possible?

It seems like you're very partial to having the 'Animal Crosser' in Brawl instead. I wouldn't mind if that character was to be the Animal Crossing representative (Assuming there is one), but I don't find it to be likely. Tom Nook seems to be the poster boy of Animal Crossing, like I said in an earlier post. When you think of Animal Crossing's cast you'll immediately think about Tom Nook. The Animal Crossing icon is even a Tanuki leaf, further proving Tom Nook's status as the iconic character of AC.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
I'm assuming that you think that the evidence seems sufficient enough to you. Sure, Tom Nook appears in the background with a variety of designs, but I don't see how that can decrease Nook's chances. CONSIDERING that you even said that it would be simple to remove him from the background... (See below).

You shot yourself in the foot with that statement. If you say that it would be simple to remove him from the background, then why won't it be likely for it to be possible?

It seems like you're very partial to having the 'Animal Crosser' in Brawl instead. I wouldn't mind if that character was to be the Animal Crossing representative (Assuming there is one), but I don't find it to be likely. Tom Nook seems to be the poster boy of Animal Crossing, like I said in an earlier post. When you think of Animal Crossing's cast you'll immediately think about Tom Nook. The Animal Crossing icon is even a Tanuki leaf, further proving Tom Nook's status as the iconic character of AC.
I was originally rooting for Nook. I just know when to give up. And simple =/= likely.

With both Nook and K.K. Slider in the bench, I turned to the Animal Crosser.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
OMG! KK Rider is far from deconfirmed, he is only deconfirmed on saturday nights lulz [/sarcasm]

You people should stop hallucinating and deal with the reality of the situation, Tom Nook is deconfirmed and far from playable!
Not a particular fan of Nook, but, as I remember the only thing that was confirmed as a deconfirmation is assist trophies, so why is a stage appearence a deconfirmation?

Boy, the community sure loves making up rules.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
That's a stupid rule made up by stupid wishful thinkers in these boards, to see a character in the game as NOT playable is enough proof to deconfirm him, this is just wishful thinking.
Ehhh, No, assists trophies were stated on Dojo as meaning that a character will not be playable, to date NOTHING ELSE HAS THIS DISTINCTION!

Decomfirmation means that the gamemakers have released absolute proof that the character will not be playable, be it official word or what they have officially defined as "cannot be playable and also do this".

Have you read the minds of the programmers?

If not then how do you know what placement means they will not be playable.

It's not a rule, it's an understanding that in such conditions there is no rule.

Top Bottom