• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tom Nook for SSBB: Far from Deconfirmed.

Not A Naruto Wannabe

Smash Apprentice
75% of the B moveset is copied from other players, the Final Smash is far to close to Pit's and all the item moves would make Tom as unwieldy as Game and Watch.

And don't you think it would be funny to see him trying a Ness-style uair?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
to me it doesn't make sense to have a character playable, and appear in the backround of a stage, even if it is not at the same time. Why put him in there if was going to be playable?
In Smash Brothers you can have four different sets of Ice Climbers fighting eachother at once, I don't think Sakurai really gives a **** about stuff making sense.

gregthepirate

Smash Apprentice
In Smash Brothers you can have four different sets of Ice Climbers fighting eachother at once, I don't think Sakurai really gives a **** about stuff making sense.
Nice. Those were some of my favorite matches, too. Anyway, although Nook is seen in the background, so are animal crossers, animals, the mayor, and redd. And resetti is an AT. Someone has to be a playable character in brawl, because of the icon. And unless the design-making porcupine twins are playable (haha), I really think someone from the background is joining the fight. Hopefully nook.

just incase:

Porcupine Twins FTW!

Geo Cloaking

Smash Rookie
all people wrong in some posibilities. Mario and Captain Falcon are populars, and dont need more that a new creativity for his moves. Only think that Tom Nook can complete the all moves, and if it posible, the moves going to define if Tom Nook is a better challenge for Brawl or not.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Just some food for thought:

There's a song on the Japanese site that accompanied Kirby's FS. It's from some Japanese-only cookbook game for the DS...
It's not played during the Final Smash if I am to trust Google's translation.
So where should it play? Probably on a stage. On what stage, though? Possibly one that references several of the casual DS games alike the cookbook game...
If that's the case, that would be a stage presumably without a playable character to go with it.

That's a lot of assumptions, yeah, but if I'm correct, that would be a counter-argument for the thesis that every stage will have a PC to go along with it.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace

There's a song on the Japanese site that accompanied Kirby's FS. It's from some Japanese-only cookbook game for the DS...
So where should it play? Probably on a stage. On what stage, though? Possibly one that references several of the casual DS games alike the cookbook game...
If that's the case, that would be a stage presumably without a playable character to go with it.

That's a lot of assumptions, yeah, but if I'm correct, that would be a counter-argument for the thesis that every stage will have a PC to go along with it.
It's Ashley's theme, from WarioWare. WarioWare has a stage.

Stop looking for loopholes that aren't there.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
It's Ashley's theme, from WarioWare. WarioWare has a stage.

Stop looking for loopholes that aren't there.
It's always funny when someone acts like a huge know-it-all and shoves their foot so far down their mouth it sinks back into place. *laugh*

I don't know if that music in the kirby update will even be a stage. Are we sure it wasn't just supposed to be a japanese joke that americans wouldn't have gotten since the game is japanese only?

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
It's always funny when someone acts like a huge know-it-all and shoves their foot so far down their mouth it sinks back into place. *laugh*

I don't know if that music in the kirby update will even be a stage. Are we sure it wasn't just supposed to be a japanese joke that americans wouldn't have gotten since the game is japanese only?
Well excuse me, princess, for not knowing about that song. Cry about it.

And yes, that's a definite possibility. Kirby is cooking, and thus they used a song from a cooking game.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

I think it's for Kirby's Final Smash. Seeing that his final smash is kinda like a cutscene, why not accompany it with some music. For all we know, if Ridley's playable, his theme is played when he uses a final smash.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord

Seeing as how the song was a part of Kirby's final smash update, and that it came from a cooking game, it should be common sense that it will play during his FS animation.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Seeing as how the song was a part of Kirby's final smash update, and that it came from a cooking game, it should be common sense that it will play during his FS animation.
But it is not a kirby song...It was an unrelated add more a nintendo DS cooking game...

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord

Maybe its possible that the song doesnt have anything to do with the game at all, and they just thought it would be funny to have the song there.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Well excuse me, princess, for not knowing about that song. Cry about it.
I explained what song I meant, though. You apparently didn't read properly. *shrugs*
You mean they remixed the song just for the site? Seems like a lot of work for just a joke. They didn't just remix stuff from the game, either, someone translated that the guy in the song says something about ( freely translated ) "making a Brawl".
I think it's for Kirby's Final Smash. Seeing that his final smash is kinda like a cutscene, why not accompany it with some music. For all we know, if Ridley's playable, his theme is played when he uses a final smash.
Hmm, I ran the text around it through Google's translator and it said that there's no relation or something like that. Of course, that's pretty unreliable. I wonder if anyone translated it properly yet...
It was the first thing I thought when I saw the song, too, would be pretty awesome actually.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
But it is not a kirby song...It was an unrelated add more a nintendo DS cooking game...
Right. I said that. It can't be used during his FS....why?

Many other video game characters use jingles that are not part of their games...

Link picks up the star....he has the star jingle...but it is not part of his game...it's Mario's...

Same principle. Kirby has that jingle play during his FS, because he is cooking, the jingle came from a cooking game (whether it is obscure or not, dosen't matter, it got it's recognition) and Sakurai obviously seen it fit to use a cooking jingle from a cooking game during Kirby's final smash (which revolves around cooking) because Kirby didn't have a cooking jingle.

You follow?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Right. I said that. It can't be used during his FS....why?

Many other video game characters use jingles that are not part of their games...

Link picks up the star....he has the star jingle...but it is not part of his game...it's Mario's...

Same principle. Kirby has that jingle play during his FS, because he is cooking, the jingle came from a cooking game (whether it is obscure or not, dosen't matter, it got it's recognition) and Sakurai obviously seen it fit to use a cooking jingle from a cooking game during Kirby's final smash (which revolves around cooking) because Kirby didn't have a cooking jingle.

You follow?
By why would Sakurai say "On an unrelated note" before adding the song under it though?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I just thought of an interesting Japanese joke with Kirby's Final Smash. If Nook's in, let's make Tanuki soup.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
But then it still wouldn't be unrelated...

Song is not from the Kirby franchise....

Kirby's FS update has elements from his game, and is directly influenced by those elements as "Cook" is a power...

The song is not. It is unrelated to the update because it is not part of the Kirby franchise. However, it is part of his FS.

The song is related by it being a part of Kirby's FS in the form of a background song, but when Sakurai says, "on an unrelated note" when it is clear that they are both related, it can only mean how he is referring that the song that plays during Kirby's FS is not heard in the Kirby franchise, but heard in a different game.

Making THAT unrelated.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Song is not from the Kirby franchise....

Kirby's FS update has elements from his game, and is directly influenced by those elements as "Cook" is a power...

The song is not. It is unrelated to the update because it is not part of the Kirby franchise. However, it is part of his FS.

The song is related by it being a part of Kirby's FS in the form of a background song, but when Sakurai says, "on an unrelated note" when it is clear that they are both related, it can only mean how he is referring that the song that plays during Kirby's FS is not heard in the Kirby franchise, but heard in a different game.

Making THAT unrelated.
It may not be related to kirby but it still would have been related to the update...It wouldn't have said unrelated since it would have been related to the update...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sakurai likes to trick us though.
It was just an ad, that's why it was only on the Japanese site...If it was in the game it would have been 1) On all sites and 2) Not said "on an unrelated note" before it

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
It may not be related to kirby but it still would have been related to the update...It wouldn't have said unrelated since it would have been related to the update...

"The song is related by it being a part of Kirby's FS in the form of a background song, but when Sakurai says, "on an unrelated note" when it is clear that they are both related, it can only mean how he is referring that the song that plays during Kirby's FS is not heard in the Kirby franchise, but heard in a different game.

Making THAT unrelated."

Read that carefully. I just explained it....

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"The song is related by it being a part of Kirby's FS in the form of a background song, but when Sakurai says, "on an unrelated note" when it is clear that they are both related, it can only mean how he is referring that the song that plays during Kirby's FS is not heard in the Kirby franchise, but heard in a different game.

Making THAT unrelated."

Read that carefully. I just explained it....
Well that's not a good explanation because it would be related if it was the music playing during the final smash, wouldn't it...It's relativity to Kirby series is irrelevant to it's related nature to kirby's final smash

gregthepirate

Smash Apprentice
If nook doesn't show up for the fight, I hope the AC rep is some obscure person, (EX: The stylish giraffe, the walrus, the camel, or the pelican that gets shipwrecked.)

I just really don't want to have a slot filled by an animal crosser.

By the way, nice avatar Meta Sonic64!

axi0n

Smash Apprentice
The only animal crossing rep I would like is K.K. Slider.

I don't know why Tom Nook is more popular than him =\

axi0n

Smash Apprentice
Well I've never actually played the game but K.K. Slider just looks cooler, fighting with a guitar would be pretty sweet too.

Oh well, I support Tom Nook more then the AC human.

Top Bottom