• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tom Nook for SSBB: Far from Deconfirmed.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
Yeah, but he's a Store Owner/Real Estate Agent/Businessman. That's not very much fighter material.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
^^^ Except it is not the same, and you are trying to look for an outlet for the inevitable. AC is already repped through 4 means; AT, Level, Music, Item....

Diner Dash is not. Why? It simply has not been around long enough to do much, and it is nowhere near as popular as AC is, not by a long shot.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
True, but i see a bigger possibility for the AC Human to be a fighter, knowing he has the means ans the weaponry.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
True, but i see a bigger possibility for the AC Human to be a fighter, knowing he has the means ans the weaponry.
How does Nook not...YOu have to go to Nook to get them in the first place so he OBVIOUS has them

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
@Masterem243: That is not improbable whatsoever, but Nook can't be counted out simply because he is a "shopkeeper." I am not saying you are using that reason of course, but occupations outside of smash is just a job. What Tom Nook does in his off time is anyone's guess, (He probably beats his illegitimate children =P)

I just put Nook over the Villager because of the whole icon thing. Though it represents AC as a whole, it is really Nook's icon, The Tanooki leaf. After all, he is the one who wears it proudly on his shop, on his clothes, etc...

Masterem243

Smash Lord
I doubt that as well. He seems to be too much of a...suit to ever fight anyone. And it's obvious that he doesn't use his stuff, when he asks you to do all that stuff for him.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
@Masterem243: That is not improbable whatsoever, but Nook can't be counted out simply because he is a "shopkeeper." I am not saying you are using that reason of course, but occupations outside of smash is just a job. What Tom Nook does in his off time is anyone's guess, (He probably beats his illegitimate children =P)

I just put Nook over the Villager because of the whole icon thing. Though it represents AC as a whole, it is really Nook's icon, The Tanooki leaf. After all, he is the one who wears it proudly on his shop, on his clothes, etc...
But what other logo would work? The Gyro? And has Nook done anything in the game besides sell homes and furniture and various items?

MySmash

Smash Cadet
I purchased AC along with my Wii...and I have to say it's really fun! Tom Nook is an amazing character but it seems like a stretch to put him in over the Animal Crosser.

Just a thought.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I bought AC just for kicks when I bought my Wii...and I have to say it's really fun! Tom Nook is an amazing character but it seems like a stretch to put him in over the Animal Crosser.

Just a thought.
Nook is more popular in Japan and America...Don't know what Europe thinks of him

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
@Masterem243: He teaches you how to use the items when you receive them for the first time. He obviously has to have had to use them once or twice.

Gyro could work actually, but as I said, the globally accepted icon is the Tanooki Leaf, as it is the main means of what you collect and well, it's just the token accepted symbol.

and of course he hasn't, but that does not mean that he can't fight. After all, Mario has been in all sorts of games besides Smash...

Why can't the AC franchise not flesh out and try a different genre? If Tom Nook/Villager makes it in, it makes the franchise far more than just a life sim...

It becomes a fighter as well.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
I agree with MySmash, he may be a popular character, but putting him in Brawl seems like a stretch.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
@Masterem243: He teaches you how to use the items when you receive them for the first time. He obviously has to have had to use them once or twice.

Gyro could work actually, but as I said, the globally accepted icon is the Tanooki Leaf, as it is the main means of what you collect and well, it's just the token accepted symbol.

and of course he hasn't, but that does not mean that he can't fight. After all, Mario has been in all sorts of games besides Smash...

Why can't the AC franchise not flesh out and try a different genre? If Tom Nook/Villager makes it in, it makes the franchise far more than just a life sim...

It becomes a fighter as well.
The Main concept behind anything Animal Crossing is a Life Sim, Even the stage! They'd have to make an Animal crossing game that explores a different genre before it can be considered anything else.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He lacks any skill associated with a fighter, except to overcharge things; He doesn't look all that strong, and he hasn't done anything in the game that could be turned into an attack!
Yes, I'm sure all the fighters in Smash now are built for fighting and must bash around enemies in their games. I'm sure it's impossible to make attacks for him associated with the game animal crossing, just like it was impossible for Captain Falcon to have any attacks

Captain Falcon never moves or attacks in F-Zero...if you've played it

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
"The Main concept behind anything Animal Crossing is a Life Sim, Even the stage! They'd have to make an Animal crossing game that explores a different genre before it can be considered anything else."

You are being way too close-minded again. Reread my post again, CAREFULLY...pay very special attention to the last three sentences....

They won't have to make another AC as if Tom Nook or Villager or included, Animal Crossing becomes a fighter as well....

Masterem243

Smash Lord
Yes, I'm sure all the fighters in Smash now are built for fighting and must bash around enemies in their games. I'm sure it's impossible to make attacks for him associated with the game animal crossing, just like it was impossible for Captain Falcon to have any attacks
So what? You think that Nook will have attacks called "Nook Punch" and "Nook Kick"? That sounds incredibly silly. At Least Falcon has the image to make those attacks look good.

MySmash

Smash Cadet
Nook is more popular in Japan and America...Don't know what Europe thinks of him
Well, I suppose that makes sense. Nook has so much personality and it would be a shame to see him put aside for the Crosser.

There is something else that has been bothering me…I really don’t think Smashville has anything to do with which AC character is in or out! (with the possible exception of K.K Slider.)

Top Bottom