• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tom Nook for SSBB: Far from Deconfirmed.

ComradeCanada

Smash Journeyman
^Yeah, but everyone from Animal Crossing is there, and we still have a logo, a stage, and no character.

Perhaps he won't appear when you play as him. That'd be simple enough to do.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
^Yeah, but everyone from Animal Crossing is there, and we still have a logo, a stage, and no character.

...you cant let it die can you?
the only character who could represent the Animal Crossing franchise is the animal crosser. he/she is the one character who has more than one of him/her at once. it would make ALOT more sense to put in a animal crosser rather than have to remove tom nook from the backgroud after spending all the time putting him there, just to take him out and have to spend the time making another move set and stats and bug testing and all the other stuff.
personaly, I dont think we will get a rep PC for animal crossing. the stage is plenty as is with all its cool little features.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace

Or perhaps Nook is never playable. Perhaps the fact he first shown as a background stage prop immediately deconfirms him. I know it must be very hard to grasp, but ya know, that just might be the case.

The animal crosser is either a PC, or there simply is no character to go along with the stage. There was no Fire Emblem stage in Melee, yet Marth and Roy were legit fighters. Why can't the inverse (stage but no character) apply here?

ComradeCanada

Smash Journeyman
Animal Crosser is there too.
It'd be a simple variable switch that wouldn't be too difficult.

But meh, whatever you want to believe.

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
Until I solve and/or hear every secret about SSBB, or if an official Dojo update states otherwise, I will root for Tom Nook.

The anti-Nook reasons are flimsy at best. Nook's in the background for Smashville? So then, if you play as him, he doesn't appear in the back; really, it's that easy.

And you know, if you have four Links slashing each other, four Pits shooting at each other, or four Warios biting each other, another Nook in the background isn't going to ruin anything.

Tom Nook also has great potential over generic Villager. But hey... no one said that BOTH of them cannot be in Brawl!

Top Bottom