• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tom Nook for SSBB: Far from Deconfirmed.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
I'm not usually one to jump the gun on these kinds of things (as I'm usually the one arguing against the people who automatically assume things), but...

I am now willing to claim that (unless we get a playable character with this symbol) the "icon" theory is officially dead (if we get a character, the theory would still be viable.) And, as a result, the AC represenatives just took a major kick in the crotch. Though not 100% dead, they're hurting like ****!

As for characters who could have the DS symbol as theirs...well. No one immediately comes to mind.

The head silhouette on the box art of the Brain Age games would likely be Dr. Kawashima's symbol, Phoenix Wright would have the silhouette of him pointing (because that's his icon on the box art), and Derek Stiles would have a medical cross. Anyone else...?

Now, while it's true that anyone of these guys could use the DS as the symbol, it's unlikely as they have their own.

Also, Miis are a Wii thing, so it's doubtful that they would get a DS as the symbol.

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
Thank Christ for Pictochat. Fission Mailed Nook lovers.

Request Thread Title change: Tom Nook for SSBB: On Life Support.

Cortes

Smash Rookie
Well, the Battlefield stage in Melee had it's own symbol.

I like Nook but I'm not having a heart attack about his chances. They are low. And the Animal Crossers are pretty boring looking.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
It's not the DS logo. It's Touch Generations. There can be a Touch Generations character. Elite Beat Agents were on the poll. And I think another one may have too. It's not over till it's over, and if you don't like it, there is no need to call us dumb or flame us.
I

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Request Thread Title change: Tom Nook for SSBB: On Life Support.
Quoted for truth.

I don't think anyone really ever thought otherwise. He has a slim chance still, but I'm going with New Age Retro Hippie (generic enemy from Earthbound, aka Mother 2) as having a better chance.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I feel sorry for Tom Nook fans but given this, I can't help but feel glad I don't have to ZOMG the icon means a character phase.

AC fans have taken blow after blow after blow. It's time to throw in the towel

Smash Rookie
So a bunch of insignificant arguments like icon differences and backgrounds eliminates the Stage, Music, and Overwhelming Popularity of animal crossing?

Look, Our arguments arent going to make him any more or less in brawl. Just say you dont like him or admit that he would be a worthy addition and move on.

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
I love Tom Nook. He would be cool to have in brawl. But just because I think that doesnt mean I'm going to dellude myself into thinking he has a chance anymore.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
AND I LAUGH AT THEM! MWAHAHAHA! :chuckle: (j/k)
Ouch, that hurts, even with the J/K

[third-grade-voice]we're not friends anymore >:p[/third-grade-voice]

But honestly, I think that Smashville perfectly represents the franchise on it's own. What other stage has so much content built into it?
I'd be content, but it still seems a little weird to have a stage repping a franchise with no character rep. BUT, Brawl is a new game, so expect new things, I guess :ohwell:

as for a stage with more content: Pictochat.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Ouch, that hurts, even with the J/K

[third-grade-voice]we're not friends anymore >:p[/third-grade-voice]
LOL. Sorry HMBG. I will admit there was a little spite toward the hard-core Nookies, namely Dantedemonslayr, Zombie Cola, 100links, and xianfeng, in that comment... Ya might remember there's been some bad blood between us, especially summer of last year... (Vindication's a *****, ain't it Nook Nazis? :demon:) Ah well... Just goes to show what a petty individual I can be... :embarrass

I'd be content, but it still seems a little weird to have a stage repping a franchise with no character rep. BUT, Brawl is a new game, so expect new things, I guess :ohwell:

as for a stage with more content: Pictochat.
Not forgetting the real time features, are we? K.K. Slider's Saturday night performance @ 8:00 PM in particular... CRAZY...:psycho: They might actually be putting too much into this game...

ComradeCanada

Smash Journeyman
I really want him to be in the game. His final smash needs to be him calling in the debt on your house to crush you.
That'd be epic.

Top Bottom