• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tom Nook for SSBB: Far from Deconfirmed.

gregthepirate

Smash Apprentice
wow....Anyway, I don't know if nook will be in brawl or not, but I would rather play as Nook than some generic villager...plus, if the villager wins out over Nook, then that pretty much cancels out the idea of playing as Mii...

nook ftw

vesperview

Smash Hero
I'm sorry, but background does not mean deconfirmation, a lot of people are saying it does, but the only thing we know mean deconfirmation is assist trophies, because they said it on smashboards.
Well I was thinking that the background thing doesn't deconfirm him as long as he is not wearing the same color as you in the fight, because the whole "he can't be in two places at the same time", fails when you think that in fighting games as long as characters don't have the same color they can be in two places at the same time.

Certainly he is the only character from AC that I would like to see in the game.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well I was thinking that the background thing doesn't deconfirm him as long as he is not wearing the same color as you in the fight, because the whole "he can't be in two places at the same time", fails when you think that in fighting games as long as characters don't have the same color they can be in two places at the same time.

Certainly he is the only character from AC that I would like to see in the game.
The only good news from that is he hasn't been seen yet in his normal AC attire...Tom Nook is the only charcter I want to play as from Animal Crossing...

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

He could only be there when he's not fighting, or the game designers could "overlook" it. Not the first time that such things were overlooked.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Are you sure cause he just seems like a stretched Tom Nook?
I've played animal crossing...I know who that character is...Sorta...forgot name...But it's a fox...I think. Point is, that's not Tom Nook

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
B: Slingshot
B>: Net (steal items from enemies)
B^: Balloon
Bv: Shovel (bury items to turn any of them into a trap item)

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I wonder who the AC character is going to be, I'm not that bothered either way.

But yeah, I would say Tom Nook isn't deconfirmed yet. They could quite easily remove him from the backround once you've unlocked him.

But I do rather like the "Upload your character from Wild World" idea..

Noshiee

Smash Ace
I doubt about Tom Nook as a PC, he has been in two screenshots so far, in the background of Smashville, why would Sakurai put him there if he is PC.
I do believe there is going to be an AC character, but I doubt is going to be Tom Nook.
I found a human as a more likely candidate.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I can't believe that people haven't accepted that Tom Nook won't be playable, yet.

"Far from deconfirmed", come on! Give me a break!

xianfeng

Smash Hero
No you see the idiots at the Brawl Graveyard think there is no chance in hell and that he is 100% deconfirmed because he appeared in the background. No that's bull****.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Maybe he's not 100% deconfirmed, but it's still a very very very very high percentage and hoping that he will still be playable is really pointless.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Tom Nook's not an assist trophy, he's a background "guest". They both deconfirm the character in some way. Of course assist trophies are 100% deconfirmed by Sakurai, while background "guests" aren't quite. However it is silly to think that Tom Nook will be playable.

Shuma

Smash Hero
There's a problem with your logic.... the fight has started and he's there. You Fail.

Tom Nook is deconfirmed Get Over It. Why would Sakurai make a moveset for him a separate model(since the one in the background is ****) animations, etc etc and then just put him in the background to "fool us".

Yeah right, far from deconfirmed my ***.

Top Bottom