• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TNJ2! Somerset, England. June 16th. EDITS ON FIRST PAGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
its £28 coach from london to yeovil. you could just get a funfare down to london for under a tenna . Making it like under £40 return.

you can get a funfare to taunton then get a local bus from there to yeovil.

cant believe no one in scotland can drive yet =x even scott can now (tho we wont ever try that option)
Well only P and the other 18+ people are able to take driving lessons. :p

monty06

Smash Ace
you can get a bus from Bristol to Yeovil for like, £8 or less o.o

i'll check out actual times and fairs ASAP. and let you know o.o

-x-

i had a quick look and jay is right it is exactly £8 from bristal 2 yeovil. i think train to yeovil from bristol maybe cheaper.

on housing im able 2 do housing but not 2 many people.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Right, I'm confused, Lol...

How do we get from London Victoria Bus Station to the Venue or wherever it is that we are going to be staying? Btw, Where are we staying? Oh.. And the prices for getting to Yeovil from London too please. :3

Thanks whoever replies to this. :p

P.Vanity

Smash Ace
Anyone Know How To Get From London To Yeovil??????
I found trains but the earliest wer goin to be in Yeovil for is 1AM on the saturday

monty06

Smash Ace
the best way 2 get yeovil from london is by train u r looking about £20 to yeovil junction. not sure bout yeovil pen mill. to get 2 the venue from yeovil junction is a short bus trip which is like £2 at most then the venue is right behind u. if u arrive at yeovil pen mill its like 1-15min wqalk into town. where probally it would be easier if myself or sum1 else picks people up because i live 5mins from there and saves time on directions.

the bus i assume is cheaper but takes alot longer so its up2 u guys.

also iam dude lol. wats wiv u guys from london arriving so late lol. charles has the habbit of doing that. fun times walking in the dark lol. if u do end up arriving that time best thing is get a taxi straight 2 the housing where u r staying. it will cost u around £5 2 get into town from train station then it will probs be easier if u get picked up from town.

P.Vanity

Smash Ace
ok thanks, do you have any idea where the housing is - lol
And you got the number for a Taxi Firm that works in yeovil?

monty06

Smash Ace
yh wen u r in yeovil the taxi no. is 01935 426666 and thats radio cabs that the best local 1 i say.

as 4 housing i dunno im able 2 house afew but not sure how many yet i will find out in next couple days but my house is 5mins from venue anyways

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGAh4C0VSS0 Guys its my new music vid, what do you think ? This tournament is absaloutly horrid to get to by the way, its far easier for me just to go abroad.:urg: :urg: :urg: :urg:
I agree with P, This tournament is becoming a right pain in the arse to get to, :/

yh wen u r in yeovil the taxi no. is 01935 426666 and thats radio cabs that the best local 1 i say.

as 4 housing i dunno im able 2 house afew but not sure how many yet i will find out in next couple days but my house is 5mins from venue anyways
By a few you mean how many? Cause theres three of us turning up at like... 1am... I'm coming down to this with P.Vanity, so basically anything he's said goes for me aswell.

Who is meant to be doing the main housing anyways? The topic has been very confusing for housing... the journey is a pain in the arse too, nevermind understanding who is doing housing. Wasn't there a problem with housing earlier in this topic? :/

P.Vanity

Smash Ace
Lol, love the music video great song =/, And yeah this is a pain in the arse - i duno whether to start bookin things or not jus incase something gets changed, Lord rust takes his sweet *** time to Reply to questions doesn't he?

monty06

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGAh4C0VSS0 Guys its my new music vid, what do you think ? This tournament is absaloutly horrid to get to by the way, its far easier for me just to go abroad.:urg: :urg: :urg: :urg:
like the vid lol its awesome.

as for housing i can roughly house like 10-15 people roughly on how many i can get down stairs because this time we dont have the luxury of using other areas of house this time.

if you need any more info add me on msn make it easier than having more spam we had enough as it is. montysmotos@msn.com

Omadon

Internal Combustion Power
My appologies, I generaly assume that all the posts coming into this are spam ¬_¬

As for getting in, if you get to the bus station, it's a peice of piss. if you get to Yeovil Junction, there are regular busses that go to the bus station, hence peice of piss, and if you get to Pen Mill, then I'll come up and meet you myself, as it's about 10 minutes away. Now that I know that people arent just posting gibberish here, I'll actualy address complaints properly tomorrow, but for now I need some bloody sleep >.> I have work tomorrow. ****! My mother never mentioned the hotel thing! Zeppo! Writing it on my arm in permanent pen as we speak xD

J03

Smash Master
caleb, could we have directions from the train station to the venue, also on the sunday we have a coach leaving BRISTOL at 13.15, theres one at 11.25 but there no way we could get there in time, i was just wondering about options getting to bristol on the sunday, it wouldnt be a problem and we'd get the train but the times are a bit wayward and i wondered if a lift would be out of the question or not? we'd of.c pay fuel money, whaddya think?

Omadon

Bussing from here to bristol is pretty easy actualy, theres just a bit of a wait involved. You've got to catch the 376 to bristol via wells, at 10:05 AM, which gets in at 12:07, and then your in the coach station, and whats an hour wait to smash players? o.o That, and theres a pub like two feet from the station, so you can just meander over to the white hart for a pint or something.

Furthermore - pending which train station you get into, if it's yeovil junction, then you walk to the obvious bus stop near it, and wait for one of the busses into town, their on all the time, every like 15 minutes I think? Maybe half hour, something really frequent anyway. If it's Pen Mill on the other hand, it's a pretty quick walk, so I'll send Jay or someone down to fetch you, failing that I'll do it myself.

Butyeah - appologies for being situated upon the ***-end of the UK, butyeah, fairs fair, you make it to our event and we'll make it to yours.

Also, Zeppo - I spoke to my mother, and when I mentioned hotels she laughed and asked how much you were willing to spend? I still don't think the hotel will be entirley necessary as we have Stacey offering up her house to the general public, and as far as I'm aware thats all going ahead as planned. Soyeah - if you still defiently want a hotel room, give me a price range and then I'll get back to you <3

Kone

Smash Master
Any hotel will be around £30 a night. Thats for a travelodge anyway. You wont find a BnB with room for less.

Your point in us coming to your tournament and that you've made ours is well respected caleb. However, just remeber its usually hassle for 4-5 of you guys, not hassle for an entire tournament turnout ;)

Regardless SDB are set. Me and Laura are driving down in our cars. Be taken myself, richy,stu, ryan, scott,adam,tony, possibly stevie if he can, neil if he can get work of and phil down with us. If anyone flakes we'll save jam and craig a train journey and pick them up. Basically, your getting a near enough perfect sdb turnout =x

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
WTF at stage bans being on when there are only 3 available stages?Is that an accident?

And regarding hotel rooms-It seems housing is pretty much sorted with Stacey and Paul both pretty sure they can house.I have no idea what prices I'd be looking at since I know nout about hotels:chuckle: :chuckle: but thanks Ed.I dont think we'll be staying at a hotel,but just incase any idea of nearby hotels and whatnot to the venue etc would be appreciated.

Kone

Smash Master
best thing in the world wud be to get every smasher members of the youth hostels therefore meaning thered always be housing somewhere for real cheap!

Mr P

Smash Ace
ive been doing this for a long time and im tired of sleeping on peoples floors and getting minimal if any sleep at all, wont be doing it this time. If travel lodge is £30 a night then its only £15 if your sharing with someone, seems worth it to me. My main issue is actually getting there i am 50/50 on this right now...

P.Vanity

Smash Ace
Can you put the address of the Housing somewhere, as Me, Foulplay and Tom will be arrivin at around 1 AM on the Sat, I've already got the number for a Taxi i jus need the address of where ever the housing is.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
If I worked out the first post right there are 9 stages active for singles:

Rainbow Ride
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium
Mute City
Final Destination
Kongo 64
Dreamland 64

I'll assume teams is the same with the elimination of Mute City and FoD.

Kone

Smash Master
p.vanity : just hold up dude. its hard enough organising a tournament nevermind having someone hassle you non stop. caleb will post details such as housing when its needed. you'll get it closer to the date. take it from me he'll not be 100% sure to tell you right now.

euan : nah man, i wasnt as clear as i should have been. I took it for granted that you'd be sharing. It'll be £25 - £30 a night each. I know its mad =/

Omadon

WTF at stage bans being on when there are only 3 available stages?Is that an accident?
nono, what I said is I wouldent mind having three stages. We have more than that. Though I hadn't realized I'd left rainbow ride on the list. Hmmm.. Temptations to play Kirby.. Rising o_o

I'll think about that seriously later. Fortunetly I have over a month to muse over stage lists and whatnot. ^_^ (PRE-EDIT: Jake just screamed down the hall about whythe****ismother****ingrainbowrideonourlist!?. Something about Charles and Helios. Yeah, it's off.)

Andyeah - Ed's right. Everything with stacey is pretty certain, but I still need to get directions to her place and whatnot, I'll sort those next time I get hold of her, I don't want to pester her over this too much though. Rest assured all will be taken care of. <3

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
OOOPS LOLZ I cant read:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: sorry guys.

I dont mind Rainbow Ride to be honest.Its a pretty good stage:chuckle: .But whatever as long as I can ban Mute City:chuckle: :laugh: .

Sabo

Smash Cadet
LSK 1 & 2 - PLEASE try to tone down the spam, you're making this thread a real pain to read and probably scaring away new people <_< - just use msn to talk amongst each other fs.

kthx

GEEK28

Smash Apprentice
¬____¬ jeez...@sabo
we got over that awhile ago. and thy got names.

kthx

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Will this tournament have SSB64? I'm sure there'd be enough interest to run a small tournament, or just have an N64 their for a few friendly matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom