• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips against ganondorf (XD get it? "tips"? tipper?)

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
No, pardon me randizzle, its googlevideo you are obsessed with.

I'm pretty sure renth has fought a marth recently..bound to have. theres got to be at least a handful of matches with ganon vs marth online that are new-ish.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i fought marths

but no matches up

and no need ot put them up

since linguini already beat m2k in crews

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i hate marth...they all play differently

i like them to be aggressive..and most marth's are defensive in NY

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I agree with a lot being said here except for one thing that Linguine said

Aggressive Marth vs. Ganondorf is looking good for Ganondorf, that match-up is in his favor maybe 60-40

However a defensive Marth, that plays a lot of retreating F-air game.. will be around 60-40 to 70-30 on Ganondorf

Defensive Marth is a good strategy in general against a Dorf.. just because it compliments the way to counter the Dorf strategy so well.

Oh didn't get to say it anywhere else so, Good **** at FC Lin =)

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I don't understand why a player would want easy wins.

I dunno. I guess I just like to challange my limits and push myself. Gotta remember that most people that play this game just wanna **** people and don't have this "Ryu" self-improvement mentality.

Renth

Smash Hero
and who the hell made you the master of this match up?

Boy, I wish Renth read the Marth boards so he could prove you wrong.
Good news, i read the marth boards, bad news is i don't agree with one piece of **** that's flowed out of your mouth.

Edit: Oh, and Renth is way the **** better than you. The End.
DON'T EVER SAY CRAP LIKE THIS AGAIN OR I WILL BE ANGRY DO NOT EVER COMPARE ME TO ANYONE ELSE.

XD okay lame marth puns aside.

After playing Hella's ganondorf with my Marth I started to notice I've been having troubles against Ganon.
After playing my friend's friend's ganon, I started to believe that an L-cancelling savvy Ganondorf can really beat down marth.
All this guy wanted was help in a matchup not a flame war because ted boosley thinks Marth is the greatest Ganon counter in the game. Stop running your mouth and using my name.

You said no self-respecting marth should lose to a ganon? you need to get your facts straight.

Look... i got a few things to say here.

Stop using my name to compare to other people. I hate it when people say RENTH WOULD DESTROY YOU!?!!? LOLAZZJAJLKJ stupid crap. If there's any arguement or any issues directed towards me fine then display your issues but i will not stand for people saying oohh renth would pwwnn you.

Please stop using my name in your petty quarrels.

Ted Boosley did indeed beat me in a money match in which i wasn't warmed up nor did i care about. I only did the MM because i was bored and that's the truth. Furthermore Ted your ideals are flaw'd you can't easily "Ken Combo" Ganon unless he DI's into you which i did because i didn't care. Marth doesn't easily beat ganon, and Ganon definately doesn't easily beat marth so let's stop all the bull **** now. Also, Chaddd and i had a ton of ganon dittos recently we go very well against each other he won more of the matches than i did but most were close to the end.

@ Everyone who looks at this thread:

I'm sorry that my name has been used in this stupid arguement and i wish it be stopped.

Peace

@ Ganondorf The Fifth
I have no problem with you and i know you didn't try to compare yourself to me either. Ted Boosley needs to stop running his mouth.

haha,the matchup is even,get over it, ive said it once and ill say it again. An aggressive marth loses to a ganon, a defensive marth goes even with ganon.If you say otherwise next time I go to CFL ill $20 mm your marth, you down?
This man would win that MM very easily. Now stop using my name to compare to other people i hate that ****.

One last thing: I do very well against marths and marths do very well against me the match goes both ways if you wanna argue it man up or shut up.

I also request a MOD close this thread and remake it so there's less argument and so that people can actually get use out of this topic instead of random flaming crap.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I don't understand why a player would want easy wins.

I dunno. I guess I just like to challange my limits and push myself. Gotta remember that most people that play this game just wanna **** people and don't have this "Ryu" self-improvement mentality.
my entire goal for this game is get so better and better so I can **** everybody like I was ***** when I first started.

Four stocking someone is quite possibly one of the most satisfying things you can do in the game.

I try to always play people who are better than me, but not because "i want a challenge", because doing that makes me get better, quicker, and more able to four stock people :-D

as for marth vs. ganon

Down tilt FTW

i actually like roy vs ganon better than marth vs ganon

Corax

Smash Cadet
o_o I'm afraid to say something now outside of "OMFG ITS EMBLEM LORD!!".

That aside since some really good ganon players are reading this, I have a question thats been bugging me.... o.o what do you think is the worst thing a marth player can ever do against a ganon?
cause I just went 1v1 against him and I tried jabbing and sword dance to hopefully disrupt his Ganon's patterns. It worked for some of it, but I'm not sure if I see it too much in the higher up's play or whether doing this will get me killed against a really good ganon.

>.> and as for the match up, it seems to me to be equal. Possibly a little tipped to Marth's favor but it doesn't mean it leaves ganon in the dark. After all, ganons are able to turn a battle against a marth fairly quickly (as illustrated in the video earlier).
*shrugs* this is just my opinion anyway....

Puns used: 3 in above paragraph.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
you like roy ganon better

in which roy can get CGed pretty much from 0-death, and is the perfect weight to get juggled by ganon....i really don't think it's a good look for roy

marth gets CGed too....to like 14, but that doesn't really make a difference

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Man I haven't posted in this in forever.

I guess I've made a few mistakes in my advice over here. A lot of the things Blue Death said made a lot of sense. I was never under the impression that Marth was a Ganon counter, but I guess my post made it seem that way. I still believe the match is in Marth's favor and I still give it a 6 for Marth. Blue Death seems to know the matchup better than I do (the only known Gannon I've fought so far is Linguini) so you should take his advice over mine for this case (and most cases since I've still learning some matchups).

TedBoosley

Smash Ace
Good news, i read the marth boards, bad news is i don't agree with one piece of **** that's flowed out of your mouth.

DON'T EVER SAY CRAP LIKE THIS AGAIN OR I WILL BE ANGRY DO NOT EVER COMPARE ME TO ANYONE ELSE.

All this guy wanted was help in a matchup not a flame war because ted boosley thinks Marth is the greatest Ganon counter in the game. Stop running your mouth and using my name.

You said no self-respecting marth should lose to a ganon? you need to get your facts straight.

Look... i got a few things to say here.

Stop using my name to compare to other people. I hate it when people say RENTH WOULD DESTROY YOU!?!!? LOLAZZJAJLKJ stupid crap. If there's any arguement or any issues directed towards me fine then display your issues but i will not stand for people saying oohh renth would pwwnn you.

Please stop using my name in your petty quarrels.

Ted Boosley did indeed beat me in a money match in which i wasn't warmed up nor did i care about. I only did the MM because i was bored and that's the truth. Furthermore Ted your ideals are flaw'd you can't easily "Ken Combo" Ganon unless he DI's into you which i did because i didn't care. Marth doesn't easily beat ganon, and Ganon definately doesn't easily beat marth so let's stop all the bull **** now. Also, Chaddd and i had a ton of ganon dittos recently we go very well against each other he won more of the matches than i did but most were close to the end.

@ Everyone who looks at this thread:

I'm sorry that my name has been used in this stupid arguement and i wish it be stopped.

Peace

@ Ganondorf The Fifth
I have no problem with you and i know you didn't try to compare yourself to me either. Ted Boosley needs to stop running his mouth.

This man would win that MM very easily. Now stop using my name to compare to other people i hate that ****.

One last thing: I do very well against marths and marths do very well against me the match goes both ways if you wanna argue it man up or shut up.

I also request a MOD close this thread and remake it so there's less argument and so that people can actually get use out of this topic instead of random flaming crap.
Look, the only reason I even involved you was because he said I hadn't played any good Ganons, which is obviously false. Though, I now regret taking the flame bait, and I'm not sure what the hell got into me, I -did- take it way too far, and I apologize. I didn't mean to get someone I know outside of the boards so angry, and I assumed that you would have respected the honor of a moneymatch, thus making it a 'serious' match and making the results and what happened in the match meaningful.

Though, you sandbagging me in the moneymatch does give both of us reason to be upset, I think. Are you up for another one at the next tourney we both attend?

Again, sorry for taking it so far, though I do still think that this match is in favor of Marth, though not as serious an advantage as you may have interpreted from my flame war, in which I was exaggerating the simplicity of the matchup for effect.

And Linguini, I'd rather keep our scheduled match somewhat friendly instead of a $20 match started over a gay flamewar. I'll bump it up to $10 if you want, but it should stay at or below that, because I don't want it to be heated.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
you brought your ice sheild....way to go

don't worry, i don't own a flame sheild yet

but anyways, i've fought good marth's, i've won some, lost some

the biggest pain about marth's is, they don't fight the same, while most ganon's do

some marth's like to approach with nairs, some with fairs, some like to mindgame you around a lot

ganon likes fairs, uairs, and dthrows....that's pretty much it

most of us ganon users use teh same approaches, wavelanding into aerial, or attempt to mindgame marth into an fsmash, then we **** them....

marth....just so different between people, they may use the same tactics...but never are they the same

i mean, no player is exactly the same but most of us ganon users do teh same things in the same way

except for eddie....he plays a weird ganon

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Marths play different because we have to. We have seperate strats for every single match up in the game. So it's common for many Marths to play differently and have thier own unique style.

Gannondorf the fifth

Smash Apprentice
my entire goal for this game is get so better and better so I can **** everybody like I was ***** when I first started.

Four stocking someone is quite possibly one of the most satisfying things you can do in the game.

I try to always play people who are better than me, but not because "i want a challenge", because doing that makes me get better, quicker, and more able to four stock people :-D

as for marth vs. ganon

Down tilt FTW

i actually like roy vs ganon better than marth vs ganon
I don't think i've seen roy vs. gannon vids. Would love to. I've played against roy but not nearly enough to say what I would think the outcome would be with me personally most of the time.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Well I'm glad everything is sorted out and clear now.

I don't believe it needs to be closed renth as everyone seems to be getting along now that everyone said what they had to say.

Renth, you're a great ganon, don't get so upset over your name being used..Ted just needed something to help stablize his claims which he now admits were over the edge.

Just, don't sandbag money matches, if you're willing to do that, I'll money match you any chance I get! lol.

But thanks for coming in here, you and linguini can provide alot of insight.

Renth

Smash Hero
Look, the only reason I even involved you was because he said I hadn't played any good Ganons, which is obviously false. Though, I now regret taking the flame bait, and I'm not sure what the hell got into me, I -did- take it way too far, and I apologize. I didn't mean to get someone I know outside of the boards so angry, and I assumed that you would have respected the honor of a moneymatch, thus making it a 'serious' match and making the results and what happened in the match meaningful.

Though, you sandbagging me in the moneymatch does give both of us reason to be upset, I think. Are you up for another one at the next tourney we both attend?

Again, sorry for taking it so far, though I do still think that this match is in favor of Marth, though not as serious an advantage as you may have interpreted from my flame war, in which I was exaggerating the simplicity of the matchup for effect.

And Linguini, I'd rather keep our scheduled match somewhat friendly instead of a $20 match started over a gay flamewar. I'll bump it up to $10 if you want, but it should stay at or below that, because I don't want it to be heated.

Yeah dude, don't worry about it. I just get really annoyed whenever i hear "btw.. Renth would pwn you and he's soo much better" when other people saying that i can easily beat someone whom i have never played before. Just don't use my name like that and there will be no issue and i'll see you at the next gigabits Ted.

I'd like to point out at twilight showdown 5 i got 3rd in singles and 1st in teams. I played and beat a lot of Marths through the tournament. I 100% agree it's tippered (yes pun intended) in marths favor. However it's not nearly as difficult as everyone is making it out to be. An aggressive Marth who stays on ganon often gets romped. a defensive marth will go back and fourth with ganon.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
you like roy ganon better

in which roy can get CGed pretty much from 0-death, and is the perfect weight to get juggled by ganon....i really don't think it's a good look for roy

marth gets CGed too....to like 14, but that doesn't really make a difference
wow you must play roys with terrible DI

ganon's the perfect weight to be juggled by Roy, and he may be the character against whom his DED is the most effective, and Roy chaingrabs a Ganon for a little and longer with bad DI, but really he could just grab to DED, or grab to forward smash, or grab and tech chase to forward smash depending on percentage
and once ganon's off the stage its child's play getting the edge guard kill with Roy

but of course this is all from personal experience

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
how bad is ganon's spot dodge? better or worse than marth's? better than falcon's at least right?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
uhhh...i don't play roy's

but there was a guide that said you can CG roy to 91%

roy also has a lot of hitstun, worse than ganon does (but ganon has very good hitstun)

ganon gets juggled by every character better than he can juggle them.....he just doesn't need juggles, he kills in 4 hits

anyways, ganon's spot dodge is worse than marth's, nowhere near as fast, but his roll is the best one in the game by far

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Mood4food, you mentioned chaingrabbing roy as one of the reasons you liked the matchup...

I clearly remember agruing with you over the importance of chaingrabbing and it taking me,magus and another ganon main to scream it at you to get it into your head lol.

Renth

Smash Hero
Mood4food, you mentioned chaingrabbing roy as one of the reasons you liked the matchup...

I clearly remember agruing with you over the importance of chaingrabbing and it taking me,magus and another ganon main to scream it at you to get it into your head lol.
bluedeath just do what i do stop trying to argue with Mood4food just accept that he's naive and ignore his posts.

Mood4Food said:
bushman, linguini, eddie are by far teh best

magus, chadd, dorf123, 1233 (don't know if they're the same person), me are probably the next

there are other good ganon's but none talk really
He already claimed he's better than me anyways. So he has to know what he's talking about. o_O Don't ever put yourself in the same catagory as Chaddd either.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i don't play the match-up, so i odn't know

but i'm saying the fact taht ganon can CG roy from pretty much 0-death helps, but ganon's fair hurts roy more than it hurts marth

and yes, i'm working on that stuff now too...but i'm only using it if i have to (basically on his bad match-ups)

Renth

Smash Hero
i don't play the match-up, so i odn't know

but i'm saying the fact taht ganon can CG roy from pretty much 0-death helps, but ganon's fair hurts roy more than it hurts marth

and yes, i'm working on that stuff now too...but i'm only using it if i have to (basically on his bad match-ups)
If you didn't catch it from the last 3 or so people who told you Ganon cannot chain grab roy from 0 - death. also ganons f air hurts marth more because he's floaty it sends him further the only reason it'd hurt roy more is because his recovery isn't as good as marths. If you can CG a roy 0 - death well then it must be nice playing with people who don't know what DI is. It seems everywhere i look there you are posting something else that's completely false it wouldn't be so bad if you actually did something useful instead of give people advice they either don't want or is wrong. :urg:

Edit:

Isn't this a marth topic?

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Renth, you are too good..if someone mentions your name (me not exactly saying it but you happened to be the ganon main I couldn't put my finger on) and you appear out of nowhere lol.

Well I'm glad your mindset is starting to change for the better mood4food.

Lol@ Renth's above ownage post

EDIT: Yes it is renth.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
damit forgot the flame sheild again...gotta get oen

but anyways

i've stated that i don't play the match-up, there's a sticky in teh ganon thread about CGing percents

but anyways....

just to point out...i didn't mention his name...so can't yell at me for that (but you yell at me for everything else)

just wondering, what can ganon do to get around marth's nair...i can't seem to get around those

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Ganon can get under marth and u-air him till he gets tired.

I believe you thought roy could be chaingrabbed due to magus's chaingrab thingy
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=85582

I don't know if he really can be chaingrabbed to death due to its rating being a 3 and how hard it is to land a killing blow since I don't fight roys but I can chainthrow decently well enough, (sheiks, other ganons, fox and falcos if they are above like 40%).

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i can do, it's not hard...i just don't find the need for it

i hate playing ganon, so i like giving me more of a challenge

i like how ganon can CG marth twice (0-14%...amazing)

but waht about on poke stadium, like, i hate poke stadium against marth, same with FD, should i try for a more obscure stage like rainbow cruise or something (now, cause of kirby, it's my favorite stage)

smashboards is being annoying lately, i can't post sometiems....

wow, i didn't put renth in that post....wow, that's why he hates me....sorry renth, you're better than i'll ever be....

Magus420

Smash Master
Ganon can CG Sheik 0-death on most stages (up angled f-smash/u-smash to finish). Same applies to Roy and he can also be CGed slightly longer, is easier to combo the throw into the finishers against, gets KOed easier off the top (f/u-smash), and gets KOed easier off the side (side hitting u-smash/b-air) with less weight/shorter recovery.

Don't underestimate being able to CG Marth for a few throws. It forces Marth into double jumping while directly above Ganon to escape which puts him in a predictable and bad position.

Top Bottom