• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips against ganondorf (XD get it? "tips"? tipper?)

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
how magus if i'm playing sheik and get cged by ganon how should i DI the final throws...if i keep DIing behind i get cg longer though eventually i will get baired or something? is it ever worth continuing to get cg or is it always better to di away?

i'm not sure if away or up away or what makes the most trouble for ganon's cg..if i di full away i go straight up which makes me easy combo meat..

anyways i'm just curious how to survive once i get caught

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
isnt di forward what sends you up to jump out anywyas? you make it sound like it's two different options..

anyways i'm just wondering if any of the odd di types like not directly forward or behind have any use..or if there is a certain direction i should di so that ganon doesn't get to use a killing blow

Magus420

Smash Master
Well technically you can be comboed before escape percent by either a f-smash or side hitting u-smash (more knockback than Marth's tipper) with any DI but full behind. Either one of these kill around that percent on stages without somewhat high ceilings. U-smash being after DIing in such a way as to come down into him after the throw, and f-smash covering a little further out to anything but full behind. You can be regrabbed with full behind far longer than usual to the point where they can probably dash behind -> SH f-air which would likely KO or at least force Sheik to land with the up-b on the stage with a ledge stall which means a ledgehop f-smash or d-air which should KO.

Then again, I wouldn't really worry about Ganons finishing with either of those smashes. It seems no matter how much I recommend it I don't see anyone else doing it, and instead finishing it with something stupid like an u-air/b-air which really won't be KOing at 80-90 percent >_<

Something like diagonal down&away or maybe straight up are probably good angles to go mostly straight up from the throw and very slightly behind. That's prolly the best combination of being able to jump out to escape, most likely to get them to place the grab in the wrong spot, and since I'm probably like the only person who tries to side u-smash Sheik off the throw you'd prolly get b-aired or maybe f-aired.

Now, uh... how about that Marth character XD

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i don't like usmash cause it usually misses, i prefer my uair/bair

i never use usmash with ganon now that i think of it, unless it's right there on a peach (like missed dsmash on a platfrom with me underneath...)

sheild cancelled up b's for ganon work well on marth....i think, someone better than me (like RENTH or magus) check this out

TedBoosley

Smash Ace
What are the numbers in the matchup between marth v. ganon?

50/50?
I personally think it's more like 60-70% in Marth's favor (assuming smart defensive play), but most people mark it up more like 50-55% in Marth's favor. The flame war in the preceding pages DOES have some good information if you look past the horrifying exaggerations.

Smashter Chief

Smash Rookie
i play my buddies ganon all the time and he always gets me with that backflip kick is there anyway to avoid that? the only thing that i have found to stop ganon is countering as well as doing the same for my buddies capn falcon.

Top Bottom