• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time Travelers - Town wins! Time travel mechanics rarely used!

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
The first two are where I found the difference in his opinion on votes to be most significant. At first he says that he isn't voting because he hasn't talked to Raziek about it, but the second one he says he will throw his vote on KK if KK gets half way to a lynch. Don't you think that would be something more important to talk to your partner about than putting a vote down on KK at the time of his post? And why still does he not feel the inclination to vote when he "gives up" on talking with his other head?
Addressing this quickly: 99% sure Ryker said that because of our "must be on the lynch" restriction.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
ONe example of appeasment is your blanket statement that Swiss' entry post made sense. Definite buddying there.
Bring it up in quotes or I'm calling BS.

@DeGrey: Can you at least answer before you ignore July/Us why you claimed when you did? That's a question I need answered.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
You did it twice in fact, once before page 9 right after his entry post #283 I think it is and once after page 9 BEFORE he came back in and posted sensibly.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
DeGrey said:
I did just what I said I did and waited until I could talk to Raz before outing my role.
So tell me the rationale. You were waiting on Raz for what reason? Did you always plan to out this info from the beginning of the game?

Reyth

Smash Rookie
You defended July when she unvoted SK so rapidly (even though she later explained it, it wasn't obvious at that point).

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
It wasn't obvious to more than just me, so why are you saying it was just me?
Because you are the one bringing up specific examples without anything to back it up. Also I have finally figured out how to describe you! :bee:

This makes perfect sense to pretty much everything you've based your reads on. So many of the lyrics are EXACTLY what I wanna say to you so this will do.

Our decision making process is not your business.
:glare: You are mean some times. Even at the simplest requests that could help.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
You are saying specific examples but you don't show where I said that type of stuff. Back it up.

I should know you're not going to cha-a-ange~

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@T-Block
Regarding my early game soft town read on Nabe, I have 3 words for you.

I was wrong.

No one thing Nabe says is scummy on it's own, only when you fit all the posts into his pattern of fake contribution and safe play is he actually scummy. I hadn't realized that back then, due to my tunneling on you.

@Grey
Not sure what to think of your claim, still want to see a lot more content from your slot.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Ack. :urg:

I am terribly sorry. I forgot I switched out of this account.

And I was doing so well too....
If people haven't noticed, I'm lenient on D1. Just keep in the habit.

mod note: to those not familiar with my games, mod votes can never kill; only bring you to L-1. You need at least one "real vote" to be killed via lynch.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well you and Ran both have missed Grey's point which is EXACTLY my point. Grey clearly is saying that Swiss is difficult to read and he will not be able to get a grasp of his alignment until he has posted his reads and made some votes. But you guys are just "OH WOW SCUMMIE!" without reading into what he really meant.

I have a whole handful of such points where Ran is like "Whoops! I missed that one too".

As it is Grey, needs to produce something valuable or I will join in his lynch anyway.
That isn't pro-town, it's null. Also nice seeing you avoid KK to give him PROOF. What are you trying to hide?

And I will not budge. I will push Jpg %100 whether you like it or not. I want him to fall in lava. :bee: Another thing earlier on I didn't like from you is that you said I was starting to tunnel on Jpg, and should have gave pressure else where. Who exactly do you feel would be better to pressure? Give three people and give reasons to each. Do you think I haven't pressured enough?

What does this mean?

Nick talking to T-block. The bolded implies a knowledge of T-block's alignment, a slip straight from brain to page. A townie might've said "and you got lynched and flipped town" while Nick speaks from a Town-block perspective.

Nich asked Swiss why he had the reads he did on Gray and KK, and you said "Why exactly do those two reads baffle you?" which is the equivalent of "I don't understand why you would ask that," which is the equivalent of "Swiss' reasoning is obvious." Y/N?

561 is clearly angry and comes in response to a post directed at Reyth. You tear up Ryker and say "Reyth's trying, you're not." Do you understand why someone might think it's white-knighting, even if you say otherwise?

Okay. Why?
You know how people get on J's case when he says something is "odd"? I asked you to expand earlier, and now I'm asking again.
Actually, Nich said those two reads baffled him, and I wanted to know why. It wouldn't mean that Swiss's reasons were obvious, it would mean that KK and Degray were obvious.

I didn't think he had the right to say that to anyone, not Just Reyth. I didn't like him just sitting there asking to be convinced when he hasn't even tried to convince anyone. Reyth was DOING stuff, while he wasn't. He didn't have the right to direct lynches without even doing anything for the town. My meaning was that D came in only to white knight Nich when he wasn't even in danger, and focused on that first before scumhunting. My point towards him could seem like whiteknighting, but it doesn't invalidate my reasoning against him.

Because I didn't feel Nich was scummy, and I skimmed the whole case and saw the vote, and just thought that you were trying to revamp an old rvs wagon. Now, what do you feel about Nich's recent actions? Do they line up with his 'scumslip'? What did you think of his push on you?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Reyth, how do you feel about Degrays new reads, and his claim? What do you think of his recent actions?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
IMPORTANT NOTE TO EVERYONE

Now that Nabe's posted his response (and I've responded in turn to that) I want other people to comment on the case against him. If you disagree with the caseand think Nabe is town, I have two questions for you (well, technically it's three questions).

1): Where does Nabe post scumreads without being requested, with reasoning? (After all, one would expect every townie at some point to go "I think X is scum, and here's why.") The only examples I found on my ISO are his case on myself and perhaps his slight push on SK.

2): Would you agree with the assessment that Nabe's play has been safe? If not, please show what exactly he's done that's been remotely risky. If so, what town motivation is there behind ultra-safe play?

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
Nichy boy, I have a question for you. Who is your second or third scum-pick?

As of late, all I can recall is that you want Nabe dead and that's about it. I want to know more about your thoughts.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
@Ran: I agree with his reads for the most part. I especially like from his claim about deliberately holding back on a vote; that reasoning goes a long way for me.

In googling Hermione Granger it strikes me as sort of bizarre enough to be a real claim and so I believe it.

I think it was a pro-town claim for obvious reasons.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Tblock, who are your three scum picks?

What did you think of Degray's claim, and his reads?

Thank you Reyth. Will get to you shortly.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Kawaii
I'm afraid that after Nabe I don't have a really strong #2 scum pick, it'd likely be a toss-up between Degrey, Zen, or PLSD. I feel my previous scum read on video is somewhat outdated, as he's seemed decent enough since then. (I've recently asked for video to summarize his scumreads, I don't have a good feel for his playerslot at the moment.)

Other notable reads:

T-block is null for me. I don't mind his early case on me as much any more, but he needs to refocus and do something else. (Now I finally know what it's like for other people that I tunnel.)

Reyth is still on the townie side of my scumdar, but I think he's getting played hard by Nabe like OS did to me in FE mafia. I don't particularly agree with his scumpicks (aside from Degrey and the lurkers, and those are obvious ones), but I think he's town genuinely trying to scumhunt.

And why is it nobody answers my Nabe case-related questions? If he gets away and ends up being scum, I am yelling at everybody in postgame.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
@Nabe: I think you have worked very hard on your case. I must say you truly are a skilled player. My read on Nabe been heavily town for a long time and the idea you posit just doesn't sway me, I'm sorry. Good work though, definitely a pro-town effort.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
That post was actually directed at me, right? But please, answer the questions presented, because I'm not seeing Nabe-town, and I'd like to see your reasoning.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
LOL. Nabe you really ARE a master manipulator aren't you? I mean you say the most amazing things to try and sway me.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Reyth, what is your read on KK? Nich, you too. I will answer your questions shortly.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Ran
I've got a townie read on KK, I've liked most of what I've heard out of that playerslot, and haven't really noticed anything scummy from it.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
@Nich: I dunno the questions are just sort of "icky" for me. I mean I don't see Nabe within the framework you are placing him. Ooops sorry at work...

T-block

B2B TST
@Ran: Nich, July, Ran are my three scumpicks. I'm looking into KK and Reyth, but haven't come to a conclusion on them yet (still on 760 of my catchup)

I see no reason to not believe DG's claim at the moment. If he is telling the truth, then I am also okay with the timing of his claim, due to the nature of his restriction.

I think that Reyth town is odd coming from Ryker, for meta reasons. Other than that, I can see where he's coming from for his reads.

Do you still want the answer to your previous question? I haven't reached there yet, but IIRC it was along the same lines.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Err yes. I forgot what the question was but yeah please do.

July

Smash Apprentice
I realize that DG has been your main scum pick. I think everyone realizes that. I don't know why you feel the need to quote someone anytime they wonder about the motivation behind DG's play just to say "i agree".

About that, from his play I think that he picked up on something subtle. If he did, scum wouldn't have played it the way he did. That's all I need to say. It's a pretty minor point at the moment in any case.
In some cases people put things better than I could, or dug deeper into something or saw it from a different point of view than I did. And I want to see different theories on his motivations and discuss them, or expand upon them.

Kk, thank you for explaining.

I noticed, but I'm not explaining anything. My read is right up there for you to see. Probably going to go back to ignoring you again.
I see that, but unfortunately your reads are wrong. Your two scum reads are not only town but rooted in the fact that we suspect you, you have 5 players that are null? All you can provide for those 5 players is that you are not willing to lynch them now, and your 3 very safe town picks. So you either still not invested enough to actually read and scumhunt or you are consciously out to lynch townies because you are scum.

And if you don't want to explain things then that's fine. If you want to ignore me that's fine. But you can't honestly be ignorant of how scummy your behavior has been so far or how little you have scumhunted and then think that you can just ignore it. I will continue to push you until one of us is dead.

@T-Block, who are your scum picks right now?

@Swiss and Ran, what do you think of DeGrey's claim?

Addressing this quickly: 99% sure Ryker said that because of our "must be on the lynch" restriction.
Kk thank you.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
@Ran: I've had KK on my watch list all game. He had a lackluster start, I wasn't overly impressed with his .jpg case though it was original. Since then I haven't liked his really bad query of myself and overall behavior. Both have you have done nothing I agree with ever since I posted my analysis around #350.

Top Bottom