• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time Travelers - Town wins! Time travel mechanics rarely used!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
ON MY PART. YOU ARE CORRECT SIR!

AFTER I DID. NOT BEFORE.

SHEeEP SHEEP. BAH! THATS WHAT I HEARD.

IT WAS A THREAT. IT WAS NOT SINCERE. WHY? CUZ HE NEVER ADDRESSED HER ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE WHEN I WAS PRESSURING HER EARLER.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Like I can't understand why you don't see the fencesittyness of it. It's soooo scummy. JOIN ME ON DIS WAGON DAMN IT.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
No you blew it on the grey deal; mudsling all over me -- besides I never likd your .jpg case anyway (I mean your part of it, not the part you sheeped from KK)

T-block

B2B TST
@Tblock:

1. I have already explained why I didn't like her repeating a question I have asked. It seemed fake. She just states she doesn't care and acts stubborn.

2. I think you get the idea. :D

3. My 'aggressiveness' isn't good for basing alignment, so try again.
I must have missed where you said that. Regardless, in the two posts that I quoted, why didn't you call her out for seeming fake? The only thing you did was to tell her not to ask the question ._.

No I don't. Right now I am thinking you have no reason for asking that question, and are dodging my point.

Fine, I'll drop #3.

Expand on this. How does this affect your read on me?
I would consider these kinds of questions a stronger scum tell if I hadn't heard that you tend to ask too many questions even as town.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Reyth:

I pushed Jpg first. I voted him immediately.

You jumped in mud yourself. Your Grey town read is BAD. Don't put it on me. I honestly don't believe you believe it yourself, and then you stretch it so far as to say he is Fate? HE ISN'T.

July

Smash Apprentice
Him talking about voting KK looks to me like he's already given up on talking to Raz, or at least thinks that he can convince Raz it's the right choice. That's why it works for me as an in-between. Null there. I do agree that he should've voted after "giving up" as it were.

He's about as tunnelly on Nich as one would expect from Nich himself. That he's not harping on the scumslip like I am suggests to me that he's town though, because as scum seeing me pushing it I think he'd grab onto that more thoroughly. I like his 438, his reasoning all seems fair and even, he doesn't take it as a chance to push a lynch but simply expresses all his reads.
Kk, I can understand that and Raz also said it had to do with the "must be on a successful lynch" thing, whether or not its true.

I like that you looked into motivation as for why T-Block isn't pushing the scumslip very hard and that it suggests a town mindset, as well as his reasoning in his 438. Not sure I agree on 438, something feels a bit off about it to me, and I would have like to see some stronger reads from him aside from his Nich scum read at the time.

@July: Re: T-Blocks 1149 can you describe how you read a scummy Ran asking questions?
I feel like scum Ran usually asks more "how do you feel about" and reads on specific posts, I don't see him directly confronting people with questions, he'll usually asks the questions then save the confrontation for in his case. His questions to me were directly pressuring me, and I think the same with PLSD trying to force reads out of him. The activity questions like confronting people when they log on and off or leave the thread without posting are typical of scum or town Ran.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Actually, Nich said those two reads baffled him, and I wanted to know why. It wouldn't mean that Swiss's reasons were obvious, it would mean that KK and Degray were obvious.
If KK and DeGrey were obvious then to you Swiss' reasons were obvious.

I didn't think he had the right to say that to anyone, not Just Reyth. I didn't like him just sitting there asking to be convinced when he hasn't even tried to convince anyone. Reyth was DOING stuff, while he wasn't. He didn't have the right to direct lynches without even doing anything for the town. My meaning was that D came in only to white knight Nich when he wasn't even in danger, and focused on that first before scumhunting. My point towards him could seem like whiteknighting, but it doesn't invalidate my reasoning against him.
It doesn't invalidate your reasoning against him, which is that he wasn't here / wasn't doing anything. We all agree on that. I don't agree that Grey defended Nich. I do agree that you defended Reyth. You were aggressive almost like a chainsaw, while Gray's posts to Nich were threatening him to shape up because of poor play.

Because I didn't feel Nich was scummy, and I skimmed the whole case and saw the vote, and just thought that you were trying to revamp an old rvs wagon. Now, what do you feel about Nich's recent actions? Do they line up with his 'scumslip'? What did you think of his push on you?
You thought my vote was scummy, because you skimmed my reasoning. Uh?

Nich is being scummy so yes, they line up. His push is bad. Although parts are understandable, he's really selling it. And being a scummy jerk on the side. :( Case will follow.

#HBC | Nabe

@Nabe: I think you have worked very hard on your case. I must say you truly are a skilled player. My read on Nabe been heavily town for a long time and the idea you posit just doesn't sway me, I'm sorry. Good work though, definitely a pro-town effort.
That post was actually directed at me, right? But please, answer the questions presented, because I'm not seeing Nabe-town, and I'd like to see your reasoning.
LOL. Nabe you really ARE a master manipulator aren't you? I mean you say the most amazing things to try and sway me.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Ahaha.

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
Hilarious. You actually think .jpg will flip scum? You are way off.
You're right, but why so confident?

Yes, I do. I am not off at all.
You're wrong, but why so confident?
And unless I'm mistaken from skimming more recent posts, did your read on me change?

I'm "reading" the stuff from page 24 to present. Gonna make it fast because apparently you guys *coughreythrancough* don't know the meaning of restraint.
Ran, half your posts say the same things. "What is your read on x, y, z? Do *insert request here* ASAP" etc. etc.
You're so demanding o_o

#HBC | Nabe

I see that, but unfortunately your reads are wrong. Your two scum reads are not only town but rooted in the fact that we suspect you, you have 5 players that are null? All you can provide for those 5 players is that you are not willing to lynch them now, and your 3 very safe town picks. So you either still not invested enough to actually read and scumhunt or you are consciously out to lynch townies because you are scum.

And if you don't want to explain things then that's fine. If you want to ignore me that's fine. But you can't honestly be ignorant of how scummy your behavior has been so far or how little you have scumhunted and then think that you can just ignore it. I will continue to push you until one of us is dead.
You're tunneling. Re: first paragraph, you call his scum reads town, which is FYPOV. Last sentence is as well. Bolded line in the second paragraph is the same.

Step back in your next posts and evaluate from a neutral perspective, this is really scummers.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I must have missed where you said that. Regardless, in the two posts that I quoted, why didn't you call her out for seeming fake? The only thing you did was to tell her not to ask the question ._.

No I don't. Right now I am thinking you have no reason for asking that question, and are dodging my point.

Fine, I'll drop #3.

I would consider these kinds of questions a stronger scum tell if I hadn't heard that you tend to ask too many questions even as town.
That's because I dropped pressuring her asap as soon as Jpg showed up. I took it as a sign of stubborness. I thought it was fine to spread the pressure elsewhere.

Yes you do. It's simple. Zen is lurking. PLSD is lurking. So, I ask a lurker their thoughts on another lurker. This was why I thought it was odd that you cared.

K.

What do you mean, 'even as town'?

Now, can you expand on your July scum read?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You're right, but why so confident?

You're wrong, but why so confident?
And unless I'm mistaken from skimming more recent posts, did your read on me change?

I'm "reading" the stuff from page 24 to present. Gonna make it fast because apparently you guys *coughreythrancough* don't know the meaning of restraint.
Ran, half your posts say the same things. "What is your read on x, y, z? Do *insert request here* ASAP" etc. etc.
You're so demanding o_o
I'm not wrong. :bee:

T-block

B2B TST
Not sure I agree on 438, something feels a bit off about it to me, and I would have like to see some stronger reads from him aside from his Nich scum read at the time.
I wish I had stronger reads too, but at the time no one was really sticking out, apart from DG, which I already explained.

You know what that's like, don't you, July? I don't recall seeing the strongest reads from you other than your constant mention of DG. My position as a top three scumpick in 1132 came out of nowhere, as the last time you mentioned me was in 565 IIRC, where I was town with Nich.

I feel like scum Ran usually asks more "how do you feel about" and reads on specific posts, I don't see him directly confronting people with questions, he'll usually asks the questions then save the confrontation for in his case. His questions to me were directly pressuring me, and I think the same with PLSD trying to force reads out of him. The activity questions like confronting people when they log on and off or leave the thread without posting are typical of scum or town Ran.
Let's focus on the second question for a bit. You're missing the point in defending him by saying it was trying to force reads out of PLSD. If it's not genuine, I'm sure that's exactly what he wanted it to look like. Do you see the point in asking that question? Do you think Ranmaru is stupid enough to honestly not see that there is no point in asking that question? Or am I the one who's just missing the point here? I don't see what he expected to glean from that.

#HBC | Nabe

Nabe, who are your scum picks? What did you think of Degray's claim, and his reads?
I think I covered this in recent responses. Nich obviously, SK. I'd take lynches of VG, July, Ran (that's you). I'm probably forgetting someone.

This was a lot of information at the time and everything checked out. Except for the fact that Kuz fabricated the role, and was actually scum and used a mixture of vague information and information gained from scum prs to screw with us.
Technically that was me. Also I had the idea to frame you up as scum with me.
I just reread this game the other day :)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No. You are scum before him.

And yes, my scum read remains.

Gray is obv scummy, meaning his ACTIONS are scummy, but you have a higher chance of being scum, then having dropped plenty of scum tells.

T-block

B2B TST
Could you expand on the bolded?
I will after Ryker elaborates on his Reyth stance. Don't let me forget.

That's because I dropped pressuring her asap as soon as Jpg showed up. I took it as a sign of stubborness. I thought it was fine to spread the pressure elsewhere.

Yes you do. It's simple. Zen is lurking. PLSD is lurking. So, I ask a lurker their thoughts on another lurker. This was why I thought it was odd that you cared.

K.

What do you mean, 'even as town'?

Now, can you expand on your July scum read?
PLSD hadn't read the thread. On top of that, Zen had posted next to no content. What kind of answer were you expecting? Did you honestly expect to get anything other than "i don't know" (the answer that was given)? Why do you think it's a good idea to ask a lurker their thoughts on another lurker, especially when the two people in question were as inactive as they were?

I think asking questions with no point is scummy, but if you do that even as town, then it would be null when considering meta, no?

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
No. You are scum before him.

And yes, my scum read remains.

Gray is obv scummy, meaning his ACTIONS are scummy, but you have a higher chance of being scum, then having dropped plenty of scum tells.
I've been pretty much ignoring your scumread on me, but you've been SO consistent with it that I might as well address it.

How am I scum? What are my scumtells?
I remember something about being passive/stanceless, and something about "threatening" July or some nonsense, and I'm not even sure what else.

If I'm stanceless, which I sort of am besides my list of reads that I gave earlier, it's because there is SO MUCH going on in this game that I can't take in all of it and don't really care. I've also been mostly alone, so I haven't been able to discuss anything with X1, which has been holding me back because it would be awkward if I gave reads and then he came in and disagreed with everything.

But go ahead, why am I scum? You've been asking pretty much every person in sight "what is your read on .jpg?" and listing me as your top scumpick so again, I might as well address it. (while catching up)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Tblock:

He has skimmed enough to give thoughts on Zen, who hasn't said much anyways. He could either respond with "I don't like him" or "Why would I know?!?". Any content I can squeeze from lurkers is good content.

My question did have a point.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
@Reyth:

I pushed Jpg first. I voted him immediately.

You jumped in mud yourself. Your Grey town read is BAD. Don't put it on me. I honestly don't believe you believe it yourself, and then you stretch it so far as to say he is Fate? HE ISN'T.
I clearly showed you his actions and the proper reads for them and you call me scum for reading him properly -- that is scum reaching and its why you are scum and I can only assume you are deliberately reaching on Grey as well.

July

Smash Apprentice
You're tunneling. Re: first paragraph, you call his scum reads town, which is FYPOV. Last sentence is as well. Bolded line in the second paragraph is the same.

Step back in your next posts and evaluate from a neutral perspective, this is really scummers.
I am trying, I am really really trying to step back and look at DeGrey's posts as neutrally as possible, to look at his posts and find town motivation at all in them and there is none, there is nothing about DeGrey's play that can give me a shred of hope that he is town, and his claim really doesn't help. I struggle with my read on T-Block, Nich and SK, I've seen good things and bad things, some town motivation in there mixed with scummy behavior, but ALL of DeGrey's reads are baseless because he hasn't been scumhunting, he hasn't been contributing, he's been sitting back and laughing at town tearing itself apart. I have no other scum read as strong as this one and in the time I've played mafia I have never felt as confident that someone is scum. I will fight to get his lynch because I believe that he scum, and I will raise holy hell when my scum pick is sitting there getting away with murder and the support to get him lynched just isn't there and I don't understand why.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I've been pretty much ignoring your scumread on me, but you've been SO consistent with it that I might as well address it.

How am I scum? What are my scumtells?
I remember something about being passive/stanceless, and something about "threatening" July or some nonsense, and I'm not even sure what else.

If I'm stanceless, which I sort of am besides my list of reads that I gave earlier, it's because there is SO MUCH going on in this game that I can't take in all of it and don't really care. I've also been mostly alone, so I haven't been able to discuss anything with X1, which has been holding me back because it would be awkward if I gave reads and then he came in and disagreed with everything.

But go ahead, why am I scum? You've been asking pretty much every person in sight "what is your read on .jpg?" and listing me as your top scumpick so again, I might as well address it. (while catching up)
Why were you ignoring my scum read on you? Why have you plopped in thread, say OH THIS THREAD IS TOO BIG, I ask you a quick question, and you leave?

Yes, you are stanceless, what have you done? What has your other head done? Why are you afraid to do stuff alone?

I have already explained. You have sheeped, and you faked concern regarding July's unvote. You never mentioned her before I pushed for her and I didn't like that. Your play afterwards did not improve.

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
As a side note, Reyth vs Ran/Kawaii strikes me as strikes me as me vs T-block v2, but with even less actual scumslips.
Did anyone catch this yet? Because I remember seeing this while skimming before.

Basically here he implies that him vs t-block had REAL scumslips.

Which would mean he's scum.

Is it this easy to find scum because wow

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I clearly showed you his actions and the proper reads for them and you call me scum for reading him properly -- that is scum reaching and its why you are scum and I can only assume you are deliberately reaching on Grey as well.
I never called you scum for it. My read on you is NULL. PAINFULLY NULL.

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
Why were you ignoring my scum read on you? Why have you plopped in thread, say OH THIS THREAD IS TOO BIG, I ask you a quick question, and you leave?
I consider defending myself against scumreads to be a waste of time, unless I'm in danger of being lynched or something. Those reads should go away naturally when my play shows that I'm town. If they don't, the person is either tunneling me, and they're poor town, or scum trying to get me ML'd.
Your read has continued so long that it is a distraction. If you're town, having a scumread on me doesn't help. So I should probably absolve you of it now.

More like, I leave, then you ask me a quick question. :p
Yes, you are stanceless, what have you done? What has your other head done? Why are you afraid to do stuff alone?
I have given some stances. I have some clear town reads, and a few scumreads, or at least players that I wouldn't mind being lynched. I'm not afraid to do stuff alone, but I was under the impression that X1 and I would go through stuff together, and didn't want my reads to pointlessly contradict his.

And also because of the sheer amount of crap in this thread making me lose motivation to care.

I have already explained. You have sheeped, and you faked concern regarding July's unvote. You never mentioned her before I pushed for her and I didn't like that. Your play afterwards did not improve.
You're going to have to explain what sheeping means exactly, I've seen it used but I forget what it means.
July's unvote from Soup, you mean? X1 caught that, I didn't even notice.
I also don't know about mentioning her after your push. I never even voted her, just said I had some suspicions of her until she said things I agree with, namely our strongest scumpick was the same. I don't see why you would have anything resembling a scumread from me wrt July.

July

Smash Apprentice
I wish I had stronger reads too, but at the time no one was really sticking out, apart from DG, which I already explained.

You know what that's like, don't you, July? I don't recall seeing the strongest reads from you other than your constant mention of DG. My position as a top three scumpick in 1132 came out of nowhere, as the last time you mentioned me was in 565 IIRC, where I was town with Nich.

Let's focus on the second question for a bit. You're missing the point in defending him by saying it was trying to force reads out of PLSD. If it's not genuine, I'm sure that's exactly what he wanted it to look like. Do you see the point in asking that question? Do you think Ranmaru is stupid enough to honestly not see that there is no point in asking that question? Or am I the one who's just missing the point here? I don't see what he expected to glean from that.
My scum reads outside of DeGrey aren't the strongest, admittedly, but I have a pretty good division of town v. null/scum. I'm also adjusting to meta here because in Pizza you had very strong reads and I feel like you were much more aggressive, but then if you are having more trouble getting solid reads on people, being less aggressive here makes sense.

Since PLSD was not caught up I do see your point, there was pretty much no chance that he would give a response. I've seen him do this before though (actually he's done it to people who aren't even in the game or replaced out) so I can't say I'm surprised he asked anyways.

Technically that was me. Also I had the idea to frame you up as scum with me.
I just reread this game the other day :)
Lol I never knew that, I do remember you framing me as scum though, great game overall :)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@JPG:

I am town. Has your read on me changed now that I'm still pushing you towards the corner? ;o

I am not tunneling. I'm trying to lynch scum, YOU. Obv you said that X1 would be here last Sunday so you guys could figure out stuff, so did you?

I mean I have pressured her from her very first post, yet you hadn't. But AFTER I VOTE HER, you then mention you want to vote her, sorta, but are ok with her because of her Degray push. And that's because you are scum. :bee:

T-block

B2B TST
@Tblock:

He has skimmed enough to give thoughts on Zen, who hasn't said much anyways. He could either respond with "I don't like him" or "Why would I know?!?". Any content I can squeeze from lurkers is good content.

My question did have a point.
I am of the opinion that it was basically 100% guaranteed the answer would be "why would i know". I'm not sure what I think about you claiming you believe otherwise.

I am trying, I am really really trying to step back and look at DeGrey's posts as neutrally as possible, to look at his posts and find town motivation at all in them and there is none, there is nothing about DeGrey's play that can give me a shred of hope that he is town, and his claim really doesn't help. I struggle with my read on T-Block, Nich and SK, I've seen good things and bad things, some town motivation in there mixed with scummy behavior, but ALL of DeGrey's reads are baseless because he hasn't been scumhunting, he hasn't been contributing, he's been sitting back and laughing at town tearing itself apart. I have no other scum read as strong as this one and in the time I've played mafia I have never felt as confident that someone is scum. I will fight to get his lynch because I believe that he scum, and I will raise holy hell when my scum pick is sitting there getting away with murder and the support to get him lynched just isn't there and I don't understand why.
You're better than this, July. You're completely convinced that he is scum? I think that's incredibly naive. Would Ryker really unknowingly act this scummy? WIFOM? Absolutely. That's why it's null, not scum. I was okay with the pressure you put on him because we can't just let that kind of play slip by, but for the majority of the past two days you've been tunneling him and not doing much else.

Did anyone catch this yet? Because I remember seeing this while skimming before.

Basically here he implies that him vs t-block had REAL scumslips.

Which would mean he's scum.

Is it this easy to find scum because wow
Hahaha that's hilarious.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Ok so let me get this straight (and I really have you here) you said I don't believe my reads on Grey (which really pisses me off) so that means I'm LYING. Now you are trying to say I am lying AS TOWN? Absolutely laughable. Stop trying to backpedal here. That is exactly what you are doing. You took a shot at me and tried to mudsling, when I came up with the goods the best you had is "oh, you don't believe those reads and oh btw Reyth is null".

Btw, all the Grey heters itt: You are all saying now that Grey is fakeclaiming here, am I right?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yep, I did say that. Lying is a null tell. I have always had you as null. (Since someone asked me about you)

I still don't believe you really believe those reasons = town lol.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
I totally stand by every one of those reads. And I think you totally mud slung as scum there. Both you and KK did that back to back actually.

Top Bottom