• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time for a Super Pete Opinion Collection Hour!

Pete278

Smash Lord
Okay, so, basically, with no backstory whatsoever (since that may damage your opinion of it), if you already have a date for a ball, but you're only going as friends, and someone else asks you as an actual date, is it okay to dump the friend date for the actual date?

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
This happened to me - apologise to the newcomer and go with the friend. This way you don't upset the friend, and the potential partner will respect you for your morality.

Pete278

Smash Lord
This happened to me - apologise to the newcomer and go with the friend. This way you don't upset the friend, and the potential partner will respect you for your morality.
What if you don't get to see the potential partner often, and this will be one of the few times possible?

EDIT: Also, I don't think anyone respects me for my 'morality' (or lack thereof).

Alzi

Smash Master
If the first one that asked you is just a friend maybe she might be telling you somthing that she loves you?

And the actual date one just say if it's ok if you go to the ball with this friend that asked you first and you can date 2nd girl after the ball.

I am suprised you have gotten asked by 2 girls now Pete you trully are a pimp of all men.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Okay, so, basically, with no backstory whatsoever (since that may damage your opinion of it), if you already have a date for a ball, but you're only going as friends, and someone else asks you as an actual date, is it okay to dump the friend date for the actual date?
Ask your friend if its ok to go as an actual date, as you "really like this girl" or whatever. Most friends would be cool if that would make you happy. Then find someone to go with your friend, win win.

Sieg

Smash Champion
**** girl.

Eat friend.

Sell pizza.

But seriously, I would go with your friend. Especially if she's cute.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Is the friend... male...? :p

Just kidding, I'm 90% positive you're talking about a female friend here... You going with a group of friends, though??? If so, then you could have it both ways - get the partner to come along with your group and be her "date" without upsetting the friendship circles...

If you're going alone with this friend, then you better research your Disney high-school dramas for possible outcomes :p

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
without a backstory we cant help too much, but since you want it, my opinion would be dont be a dog, most girls love men with morals so unless you wanna date slutty trash, do the right thing and go with the friend, and explain whats up to the potential gf, like what good old 'rainbow' said (its totally stuck to you now buddy)

also what alzi said more or less.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Okay, for some backstory: Friend Girl is in school, so she'd be at the ball anyway and I'd be able to see here, but Date Girl is out of school, so unless she comes with me, she won't be at the ball. I've known Friend Girl for a year, and Date Girl for 9 years. Anything else kinda vaguely necessary?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
no that about sums it up, so the whole going with date girl could be feasable, but now you've gotta look at things like...
what if the friend girl wants to be more then that?
why are you only getting with date girl now if you've known her for 9 years?
what if you go with date girl and explain it to friend girl but being typical girls they take things the complete wrong way and everything gets ****ed over between the both of them?
what if mic were your wingman?
what if lv9 luigi were your wingman?
how important are promises and morals to you?
how important are promises and morals to them?
do YOU like the friend girl?
etc etc

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
girl just a date?
i think its 2 formal occasion to spend on one of the first dates esspecially if she dont know many people there. in that respect go with friend, date girl later.

and who asks someone to someone elses school graduation or whateva :S

but as nix said, friend should understand.. if u are platonic..

...also go as a threesome??? lol bad idea playa pete.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah there is that, if you take date girl into a social situation like that she'll probably cling to you because she doesnt know anyone, and if you try to chill with your friends she might get mad and **** will get awkward

-probs should refresh the page huh? but still, primary shcool?

Pete278

Smash Lord
Its 9 years man, ****'s a long time.

EDIT: Oh, also, friend girl doesn't like my friends either anyway, so its pretty much the same in that respect.

Alzi

Smash Master
Go with the girl that wants a date and be her boyfriend if you are man enough and if you actually like her.

Explain it to friend girl that even though you asked first but she wants me as an actual date and that she won't come to the ball if i don't go with her and also tell her that you want her to come here so she doesn't miss out on this beautiful exprience.

Then tell her that you know this fine gentleman called Alan give her my msn and i will go with the ball with her. This is only if she is hot and sexy though and everything is ok.

Dedu

Smash Lord
It happened once before too.

The truth was better than keeping a date as friends - explain to them what is it you want and go with it. Like what Shaz did. The truth might hurt but they'll respect your intentions. And you will respect them for letting you go with it.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Please for the love of all that is good, actually get alzi to take her, call the bluff man!
SECONDED, THIRDED AND FOURTHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do it do it do it do it DOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tibs7

Smash Champion
omg alzi did you just say to give her your msn? zomg that is so nerdy/highschool bahahAHhaha sif you say that to girls. Well unless they're like Internet cafe freaks.

Bit yeah Pete take both imo

MTGod

Smash Champion
He's a ****ty wingman - all the chicks go for him instead of you, and it's not like he stops them, the selfish *******!

MTGod

Smash Champion
Oh really, Arrow??? You don't see the behind the scenes dosh that he gets paid to make Mario look good...

MTGod

Smash Champion
...for the right price :p How much do you reckon Pete paid him to be his doubles partner???

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
theres plently more people that do what luigi does and you dont even need to pay them...

gannon falls for the entire hyrule.. btw i saw a truck "gannon removals" or something.

Top Bottom