• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List

Count

Smash Champion
I've mained diddy since the first time I tried him. I played mario first cause I used doc in melee, realized he sucked, tried diddy kong, and never turned back. And never will.

This is OUR accomplishment, sure, some diddy kongs made more progress towards developing him than others, but everybody should feel proud.

Next up, falco.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
I mained Wolf at first but switched to Diddy after I saw Royal Nynja play; it was my first time seeing a Diddy play and I loved what he could do with the bananas.
When I picked him up he was easily the most fun character I'd ever played, you never stop moving and you can do so much. Diddy is just win.

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
5th tier seems about right to me. I started playing Diddy after seeing nanerz play him. The first time I seriously tried to play Diddy I realized he was just too much fun not to main.

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
as soon as i got the game i picked metaknight, (i failed epicly). A few matches later i picked diddy...and so it began =P

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
I think we all stuck with diddy as our mains because he is pretty much the funnest char to use, at least to me

zyzzx

Smash Cadet
i wasn't expecting him to go up 2 spots... :o

i think hes a really good character, but are bananas really that bad? I know there are other good pros with him, but when will our opponents start actually figuring bananas out somewhat?

i think he'll eventually drop a couple and stay there.

but don't really care, diddy is awesome and fun to play, so thats what ima keep doing :)

oh and bring on the influx of diddy peoples! i want to play against banana happy players and out-banana them with a different character :p

Conti

Smash Ace
I picked him up by randoming him in pools in an online tournament a week after brawl came out =)
My Friend used him for a while, but he used him bad... ("What is a glide toss").. but i always liked playing him... (and winning)
Then I picked him up after getting Anal R4p3d at Apex by ADHD and seeing how much diddy could really do... He's so much more fun then MK... i actually have to think with Diddy LOL... (MK i thought, but... everything was too easy)
The Combo's take like... skillz, Bannanas are just fun... occasional Dair Spikes and banna combos... idk i luv it

I think Diddy's potential is only gunna grow... who cares if people learn to Z catch... and return fire our bannana's...
We got our ways around it.... (i like rocket barrel cancle personally =])

(note i still use MK :] ... but only for matchups that my diddy cant handle... cuz im still not... good with him... hence why im here)

Conti

Smash Ace
Random thought: I've determined barrel canceling unreliable and not worth doing. Thoughts?
... U are sort of right... because well... its not very effective... If it goes the other direction u pretty much took damage for no reason...
but idk its like throwing Waddle Dee's with D3.... Is hitting someone with a Gordo worth it? [but then again, u could still hit em with waddles... ehh whatever bad analogy]

I just do it cuz, it does work... sometimes...
{i also throw in the, "idk" what to do factor... cuz i fail with diddy alot... }

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
Random thought: I've determined barrel canceling unreliable and not worth doing. Thoughts?
depends, i use it every now and then and it it rewards me greatly.
ON THE OTHER HAND, i use shield bouncing more, its more reliable and effective.

just depends if you want to take a risk or not

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
I think it's mainly for show and to look pretty, which as we all know, is always nice. :)

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Cancelling our Countering?

Canceling, imo, is when you jump onto a banana or dash onto it and UpB.

Countering is when you UpB to get hit and let the barrel do it's thing.

Countering is useful in certain spots and situations. Canceling I'll throw in if I have the time and a banana I don't own near me. It helps bombard and scare the crap outta people.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
We all thought Falco would drop more than one spot, but I guess they judged it on potential. Falco is one of the only characters who goes even with MK and Snake and litterally destroys 2/3 of the cast. He doesn't have many bad matchups (G&W, Kirby, Ice Climbers, Pikachu, etc.). But based on absolutely lackluster tournament results, he should have dropped more, imo.

Congratz Diddyz, though. ^^

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Warios pretty fun to play as too but of course, not as fun as Diddy :p
About the Barrel canceling thing, if your grabbed while charging, is the Barrel a guaranteed hit? That would really help me versus Olimar if that works lol

TreK

Is "that guy"
no, if you're grabbed the barrel just disapear and are not cancelled. I'd use it waay more if it did :p

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
As soon as I get my hard drive back, give me 1 day.
CrEaM

F*** whatever tier Diddy is in. Most of us picked him up when he was a no name monkey that threw his lunch! Regardless of where he is we as a board are going to continue to progress his meta-game and that's the only thing that should really matter.
^^THIS^^ 1,000 THIS's lolz.

Who cares about the tier list anyways. Everyone knows it does not matter lolz.

-oos-

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
I actually don't agree with it.
I think the last tier list was more accurate.
I'm one of the people that doesn't think Diddy should be really high.
Diddy makes half the cast afraid to approach him because a good diddy can do so much **** with them it's crazy.

Yeah, he deserves his spot

btb

Smash Cadet
im doin wat i can to move diddy up, adhd inspired me to practice a bunch and noticed how many things i do wrong. ill be there soon adhd :p
i also picked up diddy when the game 1st came out and couldnt wait to use him, then i thought he sucked, and tried yoshi(lol) then i seen pao0lkim highlight video and that was all the inspiration i needed.
pao0l, ninjalink, alphaz, and recently adhd all inspiring me :p

TreK

Is "that guy"
i main diddy since day 1 too, the dojo news said something like "you gotta try diddy if you want to figure out this weird character's fighting style"... so i tried. xD
i was disappointed he was mid tier at the beginning, that's why every single tier list make me happy/proud

tocador

Smash Lord
Diddy mains UNITE!!!!!

"Originally Posted by 4RCE View Post
F*** whatever tier Diddy is in. Most of us picked him up when he was a no name monkey that threw his lunch! Regardless of where he is we as a board are going to continue to progress his meta-game and that's the only thing that should really matter."

This
10this

Tero.

Smash Champion
Personally I feel like Diddy is better or at liest tied with Falco, but I joined the BR after the votes for Top Tier were allready made, so I wasn't able to contribute.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Personally, I think that Diddy Kong deserves his current position. Yes, his bananas are deadly if used right, but he's still pretty good without the bananas. The peanut gun can mess with some approaches, his attacks are fast, his air game is strong, he's a good edgeguarder, he has a nice grab game and one of the best dash attacks in Brawl. IMO, if he had more kill power and a less gimpable recovery he'd be as good as Snake (not quite MK level though).

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
Peanuts do not mess with approaches. The only thing it is good for is free damage and edge guarding against a few characters.

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
Peanuts can mess with some approaches, they're just not very reliable.

Diddy's position is pretty acurate right now but I think he could rise even higher if people get good enough with him. There's pretty much endless potential with the amount of tricks he can do with bananas, peanuts, and other stuff. He'll probably never be as good as MK or Snake but I think he could definitely get up to 3rd place.

Top Bottom