• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List

Count

Smash Champion
Peanuts do not mess with approaches. The only thing it is good for is free damage and edge guarding against a few characters.

I somewhat disagree with this. If your opponent somehow gets in your line of peanut fire and you land a few in a row, his first instinct is to blindly rush at you, which can start a banana combo.

I know because AZ did this to me in a tourney set at a big tournament and now I do it to others as well.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I somewhat disagree with this. If your opponent somehow gets in your line of peanut fire and you land a few in a row, his first instinct is to blindly rush at you, which can start a banan combo.

I know because AZ did this to me in a tourney set at a big tournament and now I do it to others as well.
You know, I never really noticed this, but you're right. I never really thought about it, but I do this a lot, and generally my opponent will make a rush right after. I'm going to pay more attention to that next time.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
mk
snake
wario
ddd
diddy
falco

im thinkin thats the best top tier list.
but mk and falco in the same tier is wrong.
lol very wrong

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
I dunno why Falco's so underrated by everyone, he:

-Has one of the best camping games in the game
-Doesn't suck at approaching, either
-Decent recovery (as long as he's not under the stage, lol)
-Has a 0-40% CG on a lot of characters which can lead to a spike for a potential kill, or a late DACUS for an extra 20%
-Has a decent time killing
-Has nearly even matchups with the rest of top tier. Evenish with MK, Snake, maybe slight advantage Diddy, slight disadvantage against Wario, beats D3 soundly.

His problem is that he just has random counters/bad matchups like Game and Watch, Pikachu, Kirby...

ADHD

Smash Hero

-Has one of the best camping games in the game
-Doesn't suck at approaching, either
-Decent recovery (as long as he's not under the stage, lol)
-Has a 0-40% CG on a lot of characters which can lead to a spike for a potential kill, or a late DACUS for an extra 20%
-Has a decent time killing
-Has nearly even matchups with the rest of top tier. Evenish with MK, Snake, maybe slight advantage Diddy, slight disadvantage against Wario, beats D3 soundly.

His problem is that he just has random counters/bad matchups like Game and Watch, Pikachu, Kirby...
Because he's very limited and his metagame will stop increasing soon. Our char has miles to go still and we are overall better in terms of options consistently :chuckle:

Gnes

Smash Master

-Has one of the best camping games in the game :)
-Doesn't suck at approaching, either :)
-Decent recovery (as long as he's not under the stage, lol) :(
-Has a 0-40% CG on a lot of characters which can lead to a spike for a potential kill, or a late DACUS for an extra 20%:(
-Has a decent time killing:(
-Has nearly even matchups with the rest of top tier. Evenish with MK, Snake, maybe slight advantage Diddy, slight disadvantage against Wario, beats D3 soundly.:)

Falco's recovery suck, and any decent one will attest to that. His spike doesn't really kill any top tier anymore but his "gatling" is good enough i get. Falco has a horrible time killing, just another one of those chr. flaws. A fresh up smash will not kill a snake at 135%. >.> F-smash is so predictable and punishable. Falco isn't underrated. Hes overrated.

Diddy for top 3.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Peanuts do not mess with approaches. The only thing it is good for is free damage and edge guarding against a few characters.
Are you serious?? Peanut Gun is still easily one of the most versatile and my personal favorite move in the game. Get at my monkey.

Diddy for top 3.
I swear I have been saying this since the game launched lolz.

-LLLLLLL-

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
Are you serious?? Peanut Gun is still easily one of the most versatile and my personal favorite move in the game. Get at my monkey.
You have to be ******** if you can't running shield a peanut. If it helps you then use it, but I will stick to gimps.

I swear I have been saying this since the game launched lolz.

-LLLLLLL-
I new from day one that he had some serious potential. I fell in love with his dash attack the first time I used it.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
They are good for getting quick and free damage and should be abused but they should never replace bananas.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
They are good for getting quick and free damage and should be abused but they should never replace bananas.
Who said they should? They should be used against aerial approaches to stop their assault (or force an Air Dodge sometimes), while you have a Banana in hand and are baiting their approach (pepper them with Peanuts to make approaching harder and then cancel the Popgun into a throw once they are in attacking range), for gimps (against quite a few characters, Peanuts screw with recovery, or at least where they can safely recover), for free damage from far away (charge a Peanut to nail them with as they get back from a ledge across the stage), for a quick aerial retreat/minor recovery boost (through either canceling a Wave Bounce or by simply charging and firing in the air, sending you backwards), for lobbing over walls and hazards on bumpy stages to attack the opponent from behind cover, and in many other situations that I'm too busy to list at the moment. Peanuts rock :)

Melfice z

Smash Ace
I think he deserves his spot. I actually was talking about it with my room mate yesterday, and I said I expected Diddy to get 5th. And IMO Diddy's metagame is progressing too fast at the moment to really consider him dropping in the tier list.

I picked him up after getting him three times in a row as random, while looking for a character to main instead of Ike. He's too fun not to play.
This. I was looking for a new main other than ike and i took ook's personality quiz and got diddy. I like to think im pretty good with him :p

i guess that makes me a fresh diddy mind! :chuckle:

Top Bottom