• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
I actually don't agree with it.
I think the last tier list was more accurate.
I'm one of the people that doesn't think Diddy should be really high.

Count

Smash Champion
Eh, in the current metagame we're there.

Once people learn to use the naners better I think we'll drop 2-5 spots. Then stay there.

I like the list, I really like that wario is third and that lucario and zelda dropped.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Dang it, I was going to make this :p

I'm liking it, but I too have my doubts. I think he deserves that spot, but I think that's only if you're playing him 100% perfect. As people learn to avoid bananas even better, it'll be HARDER to play Diddy (will it make him worse of a character? As I've looked around the boards, I'm starting to say no... It won't cost us a spot or two at most).

EDIT: Good **** indeed

DFEAR

Smash Hero
whoever said 5th from the last thread gets 2 cookies. and i was hoping for 4th but meh :\

7th tier still sounds good for diddy o-o

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I said this elsewhere but:

It wasn't an easy list to make.
A lot of debate towards the end of the process.

The most important thing I took from it all though is that whilst it's important to have this list to refer to, it's also important to listen to your own opinion. Your own opinion of what the tier list should look like is an amalgamation of your experience and knowledge and so you should listen to that.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
DeeDeeDee is in the wrong tier. Right spot wrong tier... but whatever.

And I too think Diddy was more accurate in his old spot, and will probably end up there as people get even more used to Diddy and his bananas

ADHD

Smash Hero
Falco needs to drop.... Diddy deserves to be that high, and IMO is fourth. He is clearly better than that bird.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
i agree... falco has a lot of issues as a character hard to set up kills with him. poor recovery options. diddy excels in both of those area's and can still rack damage well if not better than falco.

I don't understand what is keeping falco anywhere near this high.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Falco really doesnt need to be that high. Diddy doesnt get ***** by CGs like he does.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
It's been said, but just think...

We said there would be an influx of newbies when Diddy made 7th, and there kinda was.
We said there would be an influx of newbies when Diddy was a "counter" to Meta, and there kinda was.

Now that Diddy is the fifth on the tier list? I'm just glad we're restructuring the Diddy boards, because they're going to see a whole lot of new action.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Bleh.

I agree with Count, as of now 5th is a good spot, but IMO ultimately he'll be around 6th or 7th. Honestly, I thought he was going to be 5th or 6th anyway (I was expecting Marth to be 5th because he has overall better matchups against the rest of the cast, but with bad matchups against MK, Snake, and D3 it's understandable).

Nice at Wario being 3rd. IMO he's exchangable with 3rd/4th with D3 (Falco really should switch with D3 x.x).

I think like 95% of people, even Falco mains, expected Falco to drop to at least like 6th, if not more.

but still, wooo.

Tachyon

Smash Cadet
Cedar Hill, Texas and Hawkins, Texas (college)
Hmm. I really like his new placement. and even with people getting used to his nanners we're still making new setups, footstools combos and giving diddy more mindgame options. so I think he'll probably stay at around 5th. Maybe move up or down 1 spot at the most.

And yeah...Failco needs to drop. What the **** is keeping him up there? CGs?

TreK

Is "that guy"
S tier woot
not like it's because of me, but i'm kind of proud of it lol

Moocowalex

Smash Apprentice
I forsee another influx of diddy players now v.v
That's very ironic. Before I saw the list today, I decided I need a 2nd player that I was ok at (I'm horrible with basically everyone, except peach who I'm great with). So I started going through the characters and fell in love with Diddy. ;)

And that was all befooore I saw the list, so w/e. I'll be lurking on the diddy boards now. :D

Panix

Smash Ace
Diddy didn't deserve that spot honestly.
Once you understand *Diddy will not approach unless he has a banana in his hand* it makes the match easier.
plus he has bad match-ups against like 4-5 of the S tier
Falco stays where he is because he has an advantage against 4-5 of the S tier.

And before you say it, Yes I know you can approach with a side B, but that can just get you punished hard if you miss either the hump or the kick.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Diddy didn't deserve that spot honestly.
Once you understand *Diddy will not approach unless he has a banana in his hand* it makes the match easier.
plus he has bad match-ups against like 4-5 of the S tier
Falco stays where he is because he has an advantage against 4-5 of the S tier.

And before you say it, Yes I know you can approach with a side B, but that can just get you punished hard if you miss either the hump or the kick.
your dumb lol.

Conti

Smash Ace
Yeah,...
In my opinion, In my prediction i put Diddy 4th... Over Falco....
Only reason why they keep falco so high cuz idk... Falco has been doing bad in tourny's besides like... Some West Coast tournys... {DEHF and SK92}... Maybe because his matchups arent that bad against the S and A Tiers ... but idk... maybe next time he will go down...

I also just checked falco boards... they were as surprised as we were...
Alot of them thought that falco would drop at least 3-4 spots

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=236411 {Falco Tier thread}

Whatever... Diddy is 5th... and im content with using 2 S-Tier Characters now =]

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Maybe we can have so many new members that our metagame will be propelled to great new heights! It will be like how MK's game is the most developed because he is top tier.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Yeah, I really hope we get new players.
About his placement, I was expecting him to go up but its the characters he passed that really surprised me. I really dont think D3 should be that low; he sould probably switch with Falco as someone already said. Falco, I dont really understand whats keeping him up there. D3 has a better grab game so I dont think its his CG.

IMO Diddy > Falco :)

Conti

Smash Ace
Yeah, I really hope we get new players.
About his placement, I was expecting him to go up but its the characters he passed that really surprised me. I really dont think D3 should be that low; he sould probably switch with Falco as someone already said. Falco, I dont really understand whats keeping him up there. D3 has a better grab game so I dont think its his CG.

IMO Diddy > Falco :)
IEO Diddy > Falco :)

(In EVERYONES Opinion = IEO)
{not everyone, but lol... wtfff nobody thinks falco shud be there, not even alot of falco mains}

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
F*** whatever tier Diddy is in. Most of us picked him up when he was a no name monkey that threw his lunch! Regardless of where he is we as a board are going to continue to progress his meta-game and that's the only thing that should really matter.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Hehe, I picked him playing random at friends who got the game opening day. I remember being soooo jealous lol

Hoser

Smash Ace
I think he deserves his spot. I actually was talking about it with my room mate yesterday, and I said I expected Diddy to get 5th. And IMO Diddy's metagame is progressing too fast at the moment to really consider him dropping in the tier list.

I picked him up after getting him three times in a row as random, while looking for a character to main instead of Ike. He's too fun not to play.

Top Bottom