• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

Journal

Smash Apprentice
God please remove everything to do with the camera on dins. It's such an unnecessary mechanic.
It may be dumb, but it's not totally unnecessary. One of our Zelda players, Romance, will place his Din's Fire as far away as possible, which allows him to mix up his teleports so you don't know if he's going somewhere else or teleporting in place.

4tlas

Smash Lord
It may be dumb, but it's not totally unnecessary. One of our Zelda players, Romance, will place his Din's Fire as far away as possible, which allows him to mix up his teleports so you don't know if he's going somewhere else or teleporting in place.
This was the ONE thing I liked about the Dins camera crap. The better plan would just be to have the camera treat Zelda as remaining in her starting location for as long as she is invisible and get rid of following Dins altogether.

Rachman

be water my friend
Well I've never really had a problem with cc nor have I ever extensively used it (CC grab on badly spaced moves and asdi down on platform tech chases to get out). It's just one more defensive mechanic and it actually happens to favor heavy characters (although their moves tend to be slower so ironically less applicable). I don't understand the hatred of it, it's like hating on powershielding imo

steelguttey

mei is bei
its like no matter how many cool topics we talk about we always end up talking about fox or ****ing crouch cancelling smh

NW_Gump

Smash Apprentice
The hype thing to do with Zelda is to do the orbiting dins, so why doesn't Side B just activate an auto-orbiting dins. You can control it while you're setting it out, and once it's placed it can be detonated like now, but instead of sitting still, it circles zelda slowly. The further out, the bigger the orbit. This would give her good stage control (which she's supposed to have as a zoning character), but ultimately it would give her an interesting pressure tool. It would only do like 2-3% tops during it's orbit so it wouldn't be viable to just play keep away all game. random thought that would probably end up broken or super ****ty

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
My current tier list opinions of 3.6b (Characters not ordered within tiers):
S: :ness2: :gw:
A: :ike: :roypm: :marth:
B: :fox: :falco: :wolf: :sheik: :falcon: :samus2: :luigi2: :peach: :mewtwopm:
C: :diddy: :popo: :lucas: :mario2: :wario: :rob: :sonic: :metaknight:
D: :toonlink: :lucario: :link2: :bowser2: :dedede: :pit:
E: :kirby2: :ganondorf: :dk2: :olimar: :yoshi2: :snake: :zerosuitsamus: :zelda:
F: :pikachu2: :squirtle: :ivysaur: :charizard: :jigglypuff:

:ness2: and :gw: are actually stupidly broken this patch. Godlike recovery, easy access combos, easy to land kill moves, and extremely quick aerials.

:018:

Last edited:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I hope that's a joke
Why would I joke o_O? My list is solid.

You could just call A tier fire emblem tier, B tier melee characters and :wolf:, and F tier pokemon tier. It's honestly factual at this point in time. I remember when brawl had the three worst as :link2:, :zelda:, and :ganondorf: and made triforce tier.

4tlas

Smash Lord
They hype thing to do with Zelda is to somehow win with her limited toolset. Everything she has is cool and useful in some niche way, so maximizing her effectiveness is a work of art. Zelda's base toolset is pretty appropriate thematically and meshes together well, so a complete redesign is probably out of the question. I also don't mind her being low on the cast and don't think she requires buffs, but I just want a few cool changes like the old super sweetspots and transform to be quicker. Is there some reason why the data for both characters can't just be stored in one set of Sheilda fighter files? I assume there is, and if its because of having to load 2 separate models then I'm really sad because I can totally imagine that never being fixable =(

Saproling

Smash Journeyman
One thing I love about this thread is that the minute someone tries to say that a character they don't play has some good in them or might be something higher than mid tier, every main of that character comes out and describes every single bad thing about their character in detail and how they are probably terrible. Not a bad thing just something that's kind of funny.
I tell people all the time they underrate Ivy.

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
Honestly that list looks like its just taking groups of characters and putting them in the same tier. "Um, all pokemon suck, so lets put them in a tier together. Eh, melee characters are pretty solid, lets put them in that tier, etc...". I disagree with Ness/G&W. I mean sure, advocate for them being higher then most people put them, but to just out of the blue put them at the top without any results and going against what every high level player of the character is just stupid. But hey, its a tier list nonetheless. A reminder that everyone that isn't a regular that comes in always complains about how every list (but Lunchables for some reason) gets torn apart and then we go back to complaining about fox.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Honestly that list looks like its just taking groups of characters and putting them in the same tier. "Um, all pokemon suck, so lets put them in a tier together. Eh, melee characters are pretty solid, lets put them in that tier, etc...". I disagree with Ness/G&W. I mean sure, advocate for them being higher then most people put them, but to just out of the blue put them at the top without any results and going against what every high level player of the character is just stupid. But hey, its a tier list nonetheless. A reminder that everyone that isn't a regular that comes in always complains about how every list (but Lunchables for some reason) gets torn apart and then we go back to complaining about fox.
Those melee characters are great, but not as good as fire emblem ones. Pokemon just suck outside of :lucario:. My list is hella solid.

Edit: Boiko just won a tourney Sunday and StereoKIDD wins EVERYTHING in Florida. :ness2: is busted. You're blinded. It's ok...

Edit 2: Reslived beat Hat and Plank in 3.6. :sheik: shouldn't lose to :ness2:.

Last edited:

steelguttey

mei is bei
on this very obvious note, if you use sarcasm on the internet you make yourself look like an ass because its so ****ing hard to understand and makes a fool out of everyone for no reason

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
why do i have to clarify this

HES JOKING
Jokes are funny though...

Also, you said it yourself, joking on the internet and expecting people to get it is stupid. It may be obvious that your are joking, but there are really that stupid of people out there that have "wrong opinions" or whatever.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
If you guys are getting bopped by cc just play diddy, grab combos+command grab+projectile+fsmash all beat CC.

Only thing I agree with on that list is diddy's placement Lol. Ness/gnw are both super good but not S tier by themselves >.>

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
is this some roundabout way to get us to say that reslived is actually decent?
cuz that's a funnier joke than the list you posted

UnsuspectingVillager

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blockyraccoon
3DS FC
0430-8629-1274
Those melee characters are great, but not as good as fire emblem ones. Pokemon just suck outside of :lucario:. My list is hella solid.

Edit: Boiko just won a tourney Sunday and StereoKIDD wins EVERYTHING in Florida. :ness2: is busted. You're blinded. It's ok...

A few questions:

1) Are you basing your placing of Ness in S tier off of Boiko winning a few locals? I mean no offense to the dude, but I wouldn't consider taking a few locals to be an excuse to put Ness up in S.

2) Not trying to sound main biased, but why is Lucas in C? I'd figure he'd be in mid B? PinkFresh places pretty good with him. If we're basing our putting of Ness in S off of Boikos taking some locals, then why are we excluding PF's victories?

Just curious. Hope I'm not missing anything.

Searing_Sorrow

Smash Journeyman
Joke tier is a joke, while there is humor in playing along, can we please move on to something else. Also outside of dair and grab, diddy doesn't really beat cc. No one is ccing when they see the banana in your hand, and f smash like all his smash attacks get eaten pretty easily.

steelguttey

mei is bei
life tip: when someone says they arent joking it still doesnt mean they arent joking alot of the time

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I don't think you actually know who seagull is...

steelguttey

mei is bei
ok lets this dumb **** back on topic because strong bad is chillin in this thread and im not tryna get an infraction

@ Ripple Ripple is the icemode thing to prove a point or do you actually believe its superior

jtm94

Smash Lord
I don't think that's possible, Samus isn't a penguin. I do see how she can survive arctic climates in her suit though.

ROB is still good as expected. I thought the fall gravity changes would have done more and ruin the character, but they didn't and I'm glad. SideB is silly bad now, but I fully am behind the idea that every move should not have extreme utility. I was glad @ DrinkingFood DrinkingFood could beat Sethlon. It's always good to see regions stepping up.

Has ProPro been doing work across the water still? I feel like I don't get to see much from over there, but maybe I'm just not looking for it.

steelguttey

mei is bei
can we talk about the buffs that snake got? i think hes hit the design goal that he was set in 3.0 tbh

Top Bottom