• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
No matter what, ganon is forever the best and will always be my favorite

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm pretty confident about Squirtle, King Dedede, and Zelda being unviable in the grand scheme of things. They may have strong niche matchups, but struggle against a majority of characters.

Maybe Ganondorf, maybe R.O.B., maybe Jigglypuff, maybe Luigi, -maybe- Ivysaur. Those characters stick out in my mind.
my bottom 6 is ganon, d3, toon link, luigi, zelda, squirtle in no particular order. i don't agree at all with ivy or jigglypuff, and ROB is a stretch as well.
Ike
Ike
Ike
Ike
Ike
STRONGLY disagree, there are at least 15 characters that are worse than ike in 2.6.

MLGF

Smash Lord
How can you say Ganondorf is bad when he has such great tools like the down throw?
Not to mention, he can punish you with a down throw if your not careful.
Plus, he's able to rack up damage really quickly with his down throw.
Even ignoring that, Ganondorf can still use his down throw to break the other players.
And, while superfluous, if you use Ganondorf online his down throw is great against other players.

Did I mention he has a pretty solid down throw?

FourStar

Smash Ace
"DeDeDe is terrible!"

"Squirtle is just annoying and doesn't actually do anything!"

"Fox is still broken!"

"ZSS is a top 5 contender!"

Meanwhile, Pikachu sits in a corner alone.

Without a party hat even.
HAHAHA actually no one cares about him. no uses him lol.
ok why don't we start the convo? what do you think about him? Good or bad? potential?

NightShadow6

Smash Journeyman
Only reason Ganon is good is since one hit with anything and you're a dead man if they can punish worth anything.

MrBigstuff

Smash Apprentice
Ganon is Falcon, but no knee. And he runs slower. And he's ugly. And he can't show you any moves. How could he be anything but low tier?

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
How can you say Ganondorf is bad when he has such great tools like the down throw?
Even ignoring that, Ganondorf can still use his down throw to break the other players.
And, while superfluous, if you use Ganondorf online his down throw is great against other players.

Pikachu > Ganon

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

he isn't bad
he's worse than around 25+ other characters
again this doesn't make him bad
that's how a balanced game works

FourStar

Smash Ace
he isn't bad
he's worse than around 25+ other characters
again this doesn't make him bad
that's how a balanced game works
i couldn't agree with anything on this thread more than this post. almost every character in the game has potential to win.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Diddy is the only unviable character in the game. No OoS, No Range, No Priority, No kill moves, and he's super slow. At least he has a hat...
Up-b makes for a decent Oos when there are platforms since up-b has no landing lag. And if he's hit out of it, the barrels that fly off act as cover on occasion. U-smash isn't a bad option too and WD -> D-smash is also an option. His range is covered by the peels and his aerials and smashes have moderately sized hitboxes. Kill moves are covered by peel + smash attack, so unless you're in a huge stage like FD, it isn't as bad as it looks. Plus, Diddy is okay at gimping thanks to his aerials and peels. Glide tossing and sometimes carefully spaced aerials can make up for speed and the peels shuts or slows down many rush down options that some characters have. Diddy isn't amazing by any means, but he's certainly viable.

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
my bottom 6 is ganon, d3, toon link, luigi, zelda, squirtle in no particular order. i don't agree at all with ivy or jigglypuff, and ROB is a stretch as well.

STRONGLY disagree, there are at least 15 characters that are worse than ike in 2.6.
Squirtle is absolutely not bottom 6. The other 5 I completely agree with.

a vehicle

Smash Apprentice
I feel squirtle is going to turn into 2.6's 2.5 sonic pretty soon.
Those ridiculous auto-combos and those cheap cheap specials are really a huge pain to deal with
Not to mention it's like the hardest target to hit, even harder while using side-b.
Playing him is like playing a different game and playing against him is boring and frustrating.

I have no comment wether the character is strong or not, I really don't care... lets arrange a "Fun" tier list and lets place Squirtle at the D- tier

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I dunno about that. We need SquirtleMaster94 to show up and do work then.

Also, Diddy Kong is the Brawl Pit of PM so far to me. He looks like he has good tools and apparently they haven't fixed that stupid Up-B yet, but no one has done anything with him. Hell, the only Diddy I've even heard of is Disqobunny (and a Bladewise/Vro secondary). A lot of potential, no (US) results, he is a myth.

Let's talk about good characters for once. **** Pika, Luigi, GnW, Ganondorf.

Pit/DDK, go.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386

Also, Diddy Kong is the Brawl Pit of PM so far to me. He looks like he has good tools and apparently they haven't fixed that stupid Up-B yet, but no one has done anything with him. Hell, the only Diddy I've even heard of is Disqobunny (and a Bladewise/Vro secondary). A lot of potential, no (US) results, he is a myth.

Let's talk about good characters for once. **** Pika, Luigi, GnW, Ganondorf.

Pit/DDK, go.
Pit's good, idk where to place him just yet but I'd assume still in the top 10....he's a the angel of ******ry.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Pit is mediocre. He has to work super hard and be super flexible to do things other characters can do automatically and for less risk. Getting a dair to u-smash, u-smash, u-air, fair, arrow, fair and dealing a ton of damage and being in kill position is fun and great and all, but in reality he has to work super hard to get his specific setups going.

"His over-b is great for tech chasing", but most other good characters and just dash. He can deal lots of damage with well spaced f-smashes just on the fly, but most characters can start combos that do more damage with moves in the same range.

He's one of those characters that feels really fun and has all the tools to be good, but you realize after a while that he needs those tools because he is lacking in areas where others excel. He's another mario, although slightly better.

Oracle

Smash Master

disqo is so good with diddy that he's 8th best in texas

three months after moving to california

also bwett's squirtle is insane and very confusing

Scythe

Smash Master
diddy is pretty damn solid, he's just a little odd to play so you don't see him get too much exposure.

Top Bottom