• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thunders' Combo.* Udated Again* 9~27~06

Abuani

Smash Apprentice
thats a sick *** combo, did alot of damage and looked very flashy, very nice match too. Thanks for writing the guide, Ill be sure to incorperate this into my game (* '-')b

Denfox

Smash Journeyman
Wow thank you silent wolf, you are my master fox, I follow all rhe time , so thank you again bro (PURA VIDA):laugh:

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
I saw the vids as soon as they were released, when vwins linked me to them. That's why around my parts, we call it the vwins combo. Anyway, the thunders combo doesn't work if you DI the initial shine properly. So basically, try to do the combo, but against someone who's always on his toes, it shouldn't connect cuz he'll DI the initial shine.

If you just mean regular DI away, then I can perfect WD and waveshine like frame perfectly to catch up...but smash DI=sorry no combo, but theyre still on the ground so you can just tech chase or punish thier get up attack. w/e though.

so you guys say you named the combo i did after the guy who linked them to you? or something esle? lol
fox and falco cant just regular DI out but i think m2 and other like gaw can.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
yeah, it seems like I smash DI but I'm unaware of it. I only do regular DI, but I would guess that I smash the joystick or something. It's not like you have a big window for smash DI, so I'm probably smashing it. And I didn't name it like that lol, it's just that he showed that combo to his friends without telling them that he saw it in a vid haha. But yeah, it's a slick tech.

Doraki

Smash Lord
Ok so I did a bit more of testing today, and Falco is even more broken than before (if that's even possible):

So when someone is laying on the ground and get hit by a weak hit (which means <7% damage, like, Fox's neutral A, Falco's blaster, or Fox's dash attack slightly overused, or fox's drill), he begins to fly away while having a special animation for it (as if he was still on the ground)
That animation always have the same length.
If he's still in the air by the time it finishes, he flies away with no stun (like, when you smash DI the neutral A upwards, or when the opponent has too much damage or is floaty (~50%?) , or when it was a dash attack)
If not, he'll automatically wake up on his own after the animation finishes (on the ground).
BUT
At around 35%, Falco can input a roll to a side if he's holding the control stick in a direction.
I think it has to do with knockback though I don't know how I could check that.
If you're using a drill, the victim can always input a roll for when they'll get up.
And of course, with falco's blaster, you can't do anything at all, you can try smash DIing and rolling all you want, you'll stay there and get up dumbly, everytime.

I hate falco so much.

Yea falcos blaster does it way too good.
but i think i remember Yagi telling me the percents that they can roll out of.
thanks for the info, i might add it to the first post later.

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
What is the purpse of the up-air in Thunders' Combo? Is it necessary, because of some hitbox or timing issue, or do other things work as well? Or is it simply because up-air is the best follow-up in terms of kill potential and combos? And does anyone actually get the allegedly following upsmash in after the up-air? Usually damages are too high by the time up-air comes around to follow with anything but an aerial.

I'm assuming this is to be primarily used on Falco. Therefore, what do you all do after 60%, when the jab gets Falco airborne. I find a JC'd upsmash or grab works well, but haven't tested with DI.

the uair is the only move that gets them off the ground after the jab if theyre laying down. and yes, if you can see where theyre going in time you can land the usmash quite easily, and as for doing it at high damages, who cares if you cant land the usmash, do something else.... its great for either fox or falco. also waveshine to jab to grab is great on m2 gaw etc. if they go airborne, the best thing to do is grab at like 60%, cause they cant do anything if the jab wasnt smash DId.
i thought i posted somewhere to not just tell me what they think is bad about it. its not like you have to follow the general 'combo'.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
well you can also upsmash after the jab.. you can do pretty much anything you want, but combo wise, you gotta choose the appropriate move. uair, usmash... any other move would be DIed too much imo.

Xelyst

-_-
vwins pulled 3 of those on me in a match...... nothing big.. just killed my inner child is all >.>

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
I'm thinking of using this combo in my game.It seems pretty cool.Because I have a friend who likes to do shine combos on me with his falco

takieddine

Smash Master
mhmps....DI'ing the shine..as the attacks become faster do they become easier or harder to smash DI them?

Also teching a shine isnt all that hard since you can start holding L or R during the drill and tech it every time.

Are you guys saying that this combo is ineffective at certain percents because the opponent can input a roll instead of the normal get up animation? I tought as soon as you jab them before they input anything it should work...

dReAMCloUd - Assault K 40

Smash Apprentice
**** THAT ARGUMENT WAS DEEP.

P.S. no not really.

As for the combo.....is it actually a combo in the game. By this I mean, do the moves actually register as consecutive hits in training mode.

Also EGGZ SHALL BE DECIMATED

By the way, I'd recommend not doing this combo in the fashion shown in the video. Just wait for them to stand up after the jab, then grab. It's better.
Thx KeepSpeedN

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Whenever "Thunder's Combo" pops into my head during a match, I always use my own variation. You can do a lot of things from the jab, so a u-air isn't always necessary.

Word.
I just made a habit out of jab when they're on the ground into grab so I just do that with Fox too. It's too good. Or with like Falcon you can dair instead, after the jab.

FastFox

BRoomer
You know what's really great? Thunder's Combo into a bair. At higher damages it'll send them off the stage, which allows you to edge-guard, and at lower damages you can SH a bair into a grab, or (maybe) a u-smash. Try it out, Otto. I did this on a friend's Pikachu like, six times in a row. I have yet to try it on Falco.

So, just to clear things up, I mean: dair (for example) -> waveshine -> jab -> falling u-air (this then pops them into the air) -> SH/Full jumped bair.

This also works WONDERFULLY when you're playing on a stage with platforms.

Yea I got really used to comboing in place of the usmash, but now I just follow the jab up with a grab. if I'm trying to have fun though, I'll o other things. Like that.

FastFox

BRoomer
It's funny to see the look on someone's face when you get them to 90% after the first move you make.

LOL.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
You know what's really great? Thunder's Combo into a bair. At higher damages it'll send them off the stage, which allows you to edge-guard, and at lower damages you can SH a bair into a grab, or (maybe) a u-smash. Try it out, Otto. I did this on a friend's Pikachu like, six times in a row. I have yet to try it on Falco.

So, just to clear things up, I mean: dair (for example) -> waveshine -> jab -> falling u-air (this then pops them into the air) -> SH/Full jumped bair.

This also works WONDERFULLY when you're playing on a stage with platforms.
have u tried it this way instead ever?
dair -> waveshine -> jab -> nair ->fsmash
the fsmash part is kinda situational, but looks cool none the less

FastFox

BRoomer
have u tried it this way instead ever?
dair -> waveshine -> jab -> nair ->fsmash
the fsmash part is kinda situational, but looks cool none the less
Thunder's Combo is classified as a waveshine, followed by a jab to force the opponent to stand up, and then a falling u-air into whatever.

Eggz

Smash Hero
I'm too fat and lazy nowadays to do anything as difficult as shffling an uair after the initial waveshine jab (lol), so I just chain thunders across the stage every time XD

Thunders is too good though. I just grab after the jab like Otto.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
well then...
drill shine->wavejab-> UAIR-> nair-> Fsmash! :p that probably would never work...but apparently it needs the uair ;)

brianmercury

Smash Cadet
NO i mean you press it and if you do that instead of holding a direction iirc you will do the getting up attack.

Also i dont think thunders should get al lthe credit considering masashi does it too in this match before thunders does in the first 2 matches :p http://youtube.com/watch?v=xqPNkLYOupY
Wat ar you talking about thunders was the one that did it masashi never did it in that match.

Top Bottom